Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

An Idea To Stop People Posting ( Well Try To ) About Pc To Console Migration And The Like

deathstar2190

so my idea is to put in the rules and guide lines what kind of posts will get locked stright away.

things like pc to console migration. data mined data etc etc.

and maybe make it so people who are new to the fourms have to read the rules and guide lines at least once. so they know the rules and guide lines and dont have a excuse for not knowing them.

yea i know that this wont stop them in the long run but it might help

so my idea is to put in the rules and guide lines what kind of posts will get locked stright away.

things like pc to console migration. data mined data etc etc.

and maybe make it so people who are new to the fourms have to read the rules and guide lines at least once. so they know the rules and guide lines and dont have a excuse for not knowing them.

yea i know that this wont stop them in the long run but it might help

There is already one dude

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/286054-community-rules-warning-points-20-code-of-conduct/

tada

"2a) LEAKED CONTENT- Please do not promote or share leaks in the forums. If you are concerned about leaks please PM the DE " stuff like that

Edited by cyrus106

There is already one dude

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/286054-community-rules-warning-points-20-code-of-conduct/

tada

"2a) LEAKED CONTENT- Please do not promote or share leaks in the forums. If you are concerned about leaks please PM the DE " stuff like that

ah but new people to the fourms are not forced to look at that at all so they wont even know the rules in the first place.

also it doesnt actually say what posts will actually get locked or not. just says that u will get  a warning point. 

ah but new people to the fourms are not forced to look at that at all so they wont even know the rules in the first place.

also it doesnt actually say what posts will actually get locked or not. just says that u will get  a warning point. 

Warning point is usually followed by lock or deletion. And ignorance of the rules isnt an excuse to violate them. Just report the posts that you see violating the rules. I report 2a violators all the time, if they wanna share that they should post it on reddit.

Creating an arbitrary list of "These will be locked" isn't very easy. I can draft a very short list of stuff that may get locked.

-Things covered in the FAQ

-Resolved bug reports

-Threads at the request of the OP

-Old news posts

-Posts that go overboard

-Necro'd threads

-Threads violating the Code of Conduct, or Terms of Use/Eula

-Bad/misleading titles

-Not facilitating a discussion

-Off topic

But this isn't a guarantee. In fact, really, any thread can be locked for any reason, as long as the reason is, well, reasonable. Can doesn't mean will. Some posts may simply be removed. Some of these posts will be let live. It is all up to the discretion of the Community Moderators, Moderator, and the Admins.

It can be thought about, but with how things are constantly changing in the meta of moderation and community allowance, it seems hard to find an accurate and enforcable list, especially considering it is all up to interpretation.

The rules are linked at the top of the page, of every page. If someone doesn't read it, it is really on them. Most forums can force people to read the rules(more often load the page and then immediately close) and I'm sure this one is no different, making it possible to do here.

Warning points are also not guaranteed. Completely up to moderation team's discretion.

Kinda like putting the FAQ on the forum homepage, huh?

Tried discussing whether or not we could link FAQ to the top of the page next to rules. We certainly could, as in the admins, but they of course would need to think we need to.

Edit: Moved to Website/Forums Feedback.