Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Strength: A New System To Balance Heavy Weapons And Add Synergy To Loadouts.

Jamescell

Now that I think about it, this should be under concepts.

Strength would be a new mechanic that would regulate how quickly a Tenno moves depending on the gear that is equipped. The strength system would see an end to movement speed mods by creating a formulaic but effective movement speed balance-system.

Allocation of strength: The concept is simple, heavier/bulkier frames move more slowly than lighter frames, but heavier frames have more strength. Strength is valuable because it allows Tenno to carry heavier gear...

Weighted equipment: This concept is simple as well. Only, it builds off of the first. Each weapon would be given a set weight. The heavier the weapon is, the more strength is needed to prevent significant slowdown. Preferably, weapons like the Soma or Boltor prime would happen to be made of heavier materials as well

I agree. It would be a much more complicated yet dynamic system for strength, stamina, mobility of different frames

i.e.  Currently slower sprint speed is only a demerit while faster sprint speed is definitely better, while the armor value seems to have no or only a few relations to stamina and speed. I think your idea would make those factors become more correlated and there is no definite "better" or "worse"  regards these factors but depends on how your loadout is on your frame.

In truth, I haven't thought the ramifications of this idea through that extensively. Hopefully others deem it to be worth something.

Intersting idea, well worth a thread.

The simplest ramification I can see is certain frames being required for specific gear, rather than the current system of any frame, any weapon, any time. And yet, as a suggestion, that's not entirely out of place. In fact, there would be plenty of room for middle ground.

On the downside (very personal view), any system that makes Rhino faster (as would occur with light weapons equipped) is not wanted. Slow frames should be slow, fast frames should be fast. Be gone with you Rhino prime.

In truth, I haven't thought the ramifications of this idea through that extensively. Hopefully others deem it to be worth something.

This is what is going to happen, more people would use heavier frames with heavier weapons.

Forseeable changes in gameplay strategies

More people would just carry around a single primary weapon which has alot of damage to run faster, speed runs are going to be very selective. Weapons such as bows become even more prized, weapons like soma prime is going to more prized because it is considered lighter than most other weapons. Frames such as Volt and Valkyr would immediately be demanded for their speed buffs even more for capture runs.

Biggest problems that would surface:

Slow frames with little abilities that benefit themselves become further pushed into Defense game types, severely limiting their appearance in other missions types. Weapons like boltor prime might see a cut in use..... by female frames only and a prevalence by male frames. This would lead to alot of gender based arguments and desires for buff female frame. DE will allocate weird strength numbers to otherwise petite warframes and well you get alot of arguments about logic not applying and stuff like all the other weaker female frames being useless from this update.

In addition players would find a compromise which will be the middle ground between a rhino and a nova, frames like zephyr or Sayrn would be more prominent in gameplay, in addition more loki frames would appear with bows going invisible and disarming everything and speed running all mission types with whips. More players would also complain about people speed running ridiculously fast builds. Corpus weapons would become even more mainstream since they are considered minimalistic in design and some deal decent damage. Grineer weapons taking a hit would not only affect their use but players would start to complain in balance to the weapon catergory since most of them are not good statistically to begin with.

New player changes:

Complications would appear and new players would become even more disoriented by the series of things they have to learn, leading to less new players coming in because of the higher learning curve. There would be post following by new players explaining that the system is hindering customization and they want it removed since it is pointless(same goes with stamina). New players who do not complain however would start using rhinos more to use their all weapons without having to worry about weight limit.

Furthermore Since Rhino is still the extremely good with skills that help at surviving and is the best frame available to new players at that point in time, their numbers would skyrocket like crazy. Less players would seek to play female frames because they are all lightweight and gain hardly any advantage if they can't take hits. Older players are going to hate on new players from being so rigid in using rhinos and well it becomes a thread thing again on the forums and people hating on DE asking them to revert the change because there is simply too many Rhinos.

In addition, Rhino prime would see plat increase and possibly increase in spending by players for DE despite possible fall in playerbase.

Edited by Niryco

soo kinda like in mass effect 3? 

i see where ur going with this but to me that takes away what makes the game awesome. 

customization

thats one of thing things that makes warframe unique, is that u can use anyway warframe and any combination of weapons with any combination of mods and jump straight into a mission.

ur idea would limit that. ( no offense) 

But why? What would this system improve? There's no correlation between a weapon's size and its power right now, so certainly not balance. Someone mentioned ME3, but that game was balanced with this system in mind to begin with.

Edited by Defendor