The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Suggestion] Changing The Lex's Appearance To Match It's Firepower (Also An Idea For Lex Prime)

Daxien

Currently the Lex is a small sleek pistol, however it's supposed to be the game's big magnum pistol, and it just doesn't look the part

My suggestion is to make the entire Lex bigger/bulkier, make it look like it hurts to get hit with, scoring a head shot on an enemy with what looks like a Lato and finding out that their head took their upper body along for the ride, just feels wrong, and making the Lex look more powerful would fix this

Furthermore, making the Lex Prime ( Assuming it ever exists) look Like a Giant Revolver would be another good design choice, as it would match the feel of the Prime Weapons/Warframes being older and more exotic

Edited by Daxien

I definitely agree that Lex should be larger. It has great sound, amazing damage but it looks really small and disappointing. Making it larger or bulkier could be a great improvement and it sounds like an easy enough thing to do since we just want a resize, not a reskin. At this point using it on a Rhino even without Furax makes it look really small and unimpressive.

I'm totally with this. I love using Rhino and Lex, but it looks so wrong that a gun that small is that powerful, and in Rhino gigantic hands it looks like a toy.

Hopefully when DE makes a Lex Prime (If they ever do it, of course)  they make it a Huge Golden Revolver, I couldn't be happier.

PLEASE DE MAKE IT HAPPEN!

Haha, this thread reminds me of the noisy cricket form MiB. The lex may not look like a series 4 deatomizer, but it sure packs a punch. Giving it a bit more length might look good. Maybe even giving it a revolver look would work. It does after all come with a base clip size of 6.

I agree, the Lex is one of my favorite pistols, but it looks really minuscule and doesn't seem to match what the power actually outputs considering the size. Beefing the size of it would, in my opinion, be a welcome change.

As of now the Lex is using the same design as the pistol in Dark Sector. The weird thing is the pistol was faster and much less powerful. I'm sure they're gonna make it bigger at least. Right now I reminds me of the noisy cricket (form Men in Black). I think it should look something like this, but a little sleeker. http://i.imgur.com/232m0.jpg or at least make it a prime version or skin.

So uh, I love the idea of the Lex being a revolver, but I cant help but to feel like it would be pretty stupid, considering the ammo modifiers, that is. Let's say the Lex starts with 6 bullets as default, wouldnt it be somewhat absurd if it somehow got like double that? The chamber would have to be huge, and as far as I can tell, it would not be worth it to start making unique chambers for every level of the mod.

I know, details, and I'd like to see the Lex receiving some justice, but still.

Google a Glock 30. It is a .45 acp pistol that is so tiny that most people can't get their pinky on the grip and comes with a 10 round mag. Now check out The Judge by Taurus. It is a freaking shotgun pistol and it is not really that large considering its a well... shotgun pistol. Big weapons do not mean more damage. Weapons are bigger only when justified as in needing to contain pressures/heat or supporting the reliability of complex firing mechanisms. The lex is a slow firing semi-auto firing pistol rounds so yeah it would not need to be big.

I like seeing well designed artwork rather than the artistic cop out of just making something obnoxiously large. Lex looks awesome to me.

Since it is so accurate I could see the barrel being lengthened but the rest of the gun is not that unreasonably small if you want to compare it to the real world.

Why would we compare it to the real world?

People are saying it does alot of damage so it should be bigger. If you look at say the gorgon it looks exactly as a heavy machine gun should. Heavy long barrel and a large reciever. Look at all the assault rifles. They look more like carbines which is to say they are actually smaller than real life counterparts. Comparing any weapons in the game that have a real life weapon that is similar seems to follow this standard. The artistic direction is not that of eastern stylings that emphasises overblown model sizes and I appreciate that. I hate games that eventualy have everyone using 10 foot swords and guns that look like a cannon with a bunch of gadgets hanging off. It is a sign of lacking design creativity.

Alot of the what is being said is that it is a high damage pistol so it should be bigger. I was just pointing out that this is really not the case. Furthermore it does not follow the art direction of the game. If we are not comparing it to the real world or the art style of the game then what is left to compare it to?

It is not a big deal but I see this topic come up alot and fail to see what is driving the idea.

People are saying it does alot of damage so it should be bigger. If you look at say the gorgon it looks exactly as a heavy machine gun should. Heavy long barrel and a large reciever. Look at all the assault rifles. They look more like carbines which is to say they are actually smaller than real life counterparts. Comparing any weapons in the game that have a real life weapon that is similar seems to follow this standard. The artistic direction is not that of eastern stylings that emphasises overblown model sizes and I appreciate that. I hate games that eventualy have everyone using 10 foot swords and guns that look like a cannon with a bunch of gadgets hanging off. It is a sign of lacking design creativity.

Alot of the what is being said is that it is a high damage pistol so it should be bigger. I was just pointing out that this is really not the case. Furthermore it does not follow the art direction of the game. If we are not comparing it to the real world or the art style of the game then what is left to compare it to?

It is not a big deal but I see this topic come up alot and fail to see what is driving the idea.

Visual language. It's a VERY important thing in a video game.

In a videogame, there is more to looks than "does it look good", it also has to communicate its purpose. Using real world objects (even if they themselves are designed NOT to communicate their purpose) does this, because players have preconceived notions of what these things do. When making new objects, you either need to visually reference the relevant real-world objects very strongly, or communicate function through form in another way.

The Lex is a massive damage, extremely long range weapon. Its design communicates something like the Lato, except maybe a tiny bit slower and harder hitting.

TINY bit.

Its design doesn't take cues from appropriate real-world weapons, so instead we need to substitute communication from the SIZE and SHAPE. The shape tells us almost nothing, it is a bland weapon. The size tells us not to get our hopes up.

Clearly, the design is miscommunicating the actual role of the weapon.

So uh, I love the idea of the Lex being a revolver, but I cant help but to feel like it would be pretty stupid, considering the ammo modifiers, that is. Let's say the Lex starts with 6 bullets as default, wouldnt it be somewhat absurd if it somehow got like double that? The chamber would have to be huge, and as far as I can tell, it would not be worth it to start making unique chambers for every level of the mod.

I know, details, and I'd like to see the Lex receiving some justice, but still.

That is true but if we're gonna start thinking like that we'd have a mountain of  changes to make to every gun