Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Void Towers

Doom_Bunny

What if we had a frame and a set of weapons (+sentinal) per tower? So instead of forcing more prime parts into towers (limited by the number of mission types and difficulty) why not use individual towers (not dictated by mission type) which have a limited amount of prime parts in them. That way the amount of towers is infinite (until DE decides) and RNG is reduced as prime parts aren't so cramped.

Ok...so now we have blank towers with prime parts.

So let's use those mission types that limited the towers to expand the towers by creating floors. Each floor in the tower has different parts (limited parts per floor) and is a different mission type per floor. Going higher/lower (which ever way) will increase the difficulty. To unlock the other floors you would have to beat the previous floor by completing the mission or going to a set wave/time in ongoing missions.

How I imagine this would work is that you gain the key as usual (from oustside the void :P) then select an unlocked floor to play. One key per mission as usual.

*You could of course increase the amount of prime parts per tower by increasing the amount of floors. However that wouldn't be fun, continuously going to the same tower.

Personalizing:

So far the only personal thing each tower has is the mission type but this concept throws that out the door. So what if they were personalized by the prime parts inside them?

- This tower has Ash, it's very smokey

- This one has Limbo, some rooms are distorted

- Princess peach Rhino is in this tower, some enemies are buffed

- This tower only has guns (armoury) beware of the many traps.

Personalizing each tower could be a bit of a pain. Also would weapons be spliced in or would those also have separate towers?

I like the idea but also not totally.

First issue: there are not enough frames for each tower.

Second: with your idea a frame can only drop in one tower and not varied towers, like ember systems drop in t2e and t3c. Although that isn't that common now anyway.

I think some variety in the towers would be cool, like T4 looks more epic than T1, but i think I'd prefer DE focusing on planet tilesets first.

It sounds like you want a dungeon which would be neat, but perhaps something new rather than change tower system.

Personalizing each tower could be a bit of a pain. Also would weapons be spliced in or would those also have separate towers?

I like the idea but also not totally.

First issue: there are not enough frames for each tower.

Second: with your idea a frame can only drop in one tower and not varied towers, like ember systems drop in t2e and t3c. Although that isn't that common now anyway.

Weapons: Both, we have way more weapons (non-prime) then frames so I was thinking of having towers with just weapons (if they get primed) aswell as having weapons in towers with warframes.

Frames: That's not really an issue as both are infinite and DE puts out more frames then primes per year. The only limit is how creative can DE get. (and finding a solution to infinite keys.....)

Variation: Having duplicats in other towers just causes more clutter. What we had before sabotage was great because the item was soley in one place, it didn't have a higher or lower drop chance in another tower.

sry man but the communtiy loves the grind fest that is the void. this post is going to get shot down by angry RNG'ers saying that this would make them feel cheated out of their "hard work" to get them.

RNG questions in every devstream thread, people complaining in general discussion and off-topic, all of it says otherwise. I'd imagine people would be more relieved then hateful.