Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Poll] Buff Pressure Point?

FatalOath

As it stands, Pressure Point is a common mod that caps out at rank 5 for 120% damage.

This is measly compared to mods for firearms, while base damage for melee weapons is arguably not that high.

Serration (165%) and Hornet Strike (220%) are both rank 10 uncommons. 

Adding more ranks to Pressure Point also adds possibilities for using forma on weapons for more than just the stance polarity with a potato.

http://micropoll.com/t/KFjiYZVQJi

Melee mods in general need a buff, since most of the base mods (crit chance/dmg, plain damage, the impact/puncture/slash mods) end up costing <10 on the weapon, which just allows for a great amount of wasted space on your melee weapon. Most of the time you end up like this:

With Stance:

Maxed Pressure point

Maxed True Steel

Maxed Organ Shatter

1 random mod (elemental usually)

This setup still leaves about 4>6 modpoints completely unused, which is just under enough to put basically anything. 

Melee mods in general need a buff, since most of the base mods (crit chance/dmg, plain damage, the impact/puncture/slash mods) end up costing <10 on the weapon, which just allows for a great amount of wasted space on your melee weapon. Most of the time you end up like this:

With Stance:

Maxed Pressure point

Maxed True Steel

Maxed Organ Shatter

1 random mod (elemental usually)

This setup still leaves about 4>6 modpoints completely unused, which is just under enough to put basically anything. 

This is usually how a weapon looks when I potato it, just match stance polarity and tada, no need for forma

fTYZh.jpg

Meanwhile we have greater depth to farming up our guns to become endgame weapons with forma for big capacity mods like metal auger (15-)

This is usually how a weapon looks when I potato it, just match stance polarity and tada, no need for forma

fTYZh.jpg

Meanwhile we have greater depth to farming up our guns to become endgame weapons with forma for big capacity mods like metal auger (15-)

When I made the comment, I forgot to mention that it was a maxed weapon with no forma/potato. Sorry, I guess.

I just meant to point out that using the basic, common sense build, you won't even know how good/bad a melee weapon is because you actually HAVE to forma/potato it soo see how good it would be on any build, which is very, very wrong in my opinion.

When I made the comment, I forgot to mention that it was a maxed weapon with no forma/potato. Sorry, I guess.

I just meant to point out that using the basic, common sense build, you won't even know how good/bad a melee weapon is because you actually HAVE to forma/potato it soo see how good it would be on any build, which is very, very wrong in my opinion.

Well honestly it's kind of hard to tell how good any weapon is besides ones that come with polarities are until you double its capacity... for instance I am kind of dissapointed with the phage even though it was doing amazing damage against high level enemies without any mods. I think that may be because of viral procs tho