Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Slots

Harazard

I've been a fan of ME since the first game. Incase you didn't know, ME3 was a huge letdown and part of the reason why EA took bioware off the ME franchise.

Honestly, people give ME3 too much flack. The game itself was arguably the best in the trilogy, it was simply destroyed by an appalling ending that flew in the face of everything the game seemed to have told us so far.

In hindsight, it really helps if you have an ending to your narrative planned out instead of winging it.

Half the people on this thread are an embarrassment. We are discussing Warframe slots, and you are rattling on about video game pricing. Get. On. Track.

The developers need a source of income. Obviously, income equals money. They earn money by the donations sent in by people playing this game. The majority of items in this game can be acquired without using real life money. Warframe slots are an exception to the rule, among a few others -- as I have stated in an earlier post in a different thread.

Now, if they actually want to keep a stable source of income, they would have to keep the Warframe slots platinum-exclusive. On the other hand, if they want to stay fair -- even though they have every right not to -- they would give exclusive warframes, such as Primes, their own slot.

inb4 someone says 'BUT WE HAZ NO MONEY.' I know. I don't either.

Edit: Replaced potentially offensive language.

Edited by Kamal965

While I understand there are those who can't buy plat due to having no credit card/international/other issues, and I do support being able to get slots in-games for free somehow...

For those who have a bit of extra money, why don't you just buy some plat to support an AWESOME game company? You don't have to pay much, just get the smaller amounts, and you'll get some slots out of that.

Seriously, it's not going to kill you or anything.

Edited by Braken

Now, if they actually want to keep a stable source of income, they would have to keep the Warframe slots platinum-exclusive. On the other hand, if they want to stay fair -- even though they have every right not to -- they would give exclusive warframes, such as Primes, their own slot.

And like that you lost me.

If they wanted to stay fair they would charge everyone a $50 price tag at the door; like a video game of this caliber really could. Fact of the matter is that free players can enjoy the game in it's entirety but will have more limitations. If you don't think that's extremely fair, I don't know what to tell you.

I would love to buy something but there really isnt anything i want to buy...

The sentinel pack maybe but i dont really care about the sentinel.

I want glowy skins! uhh maybe a neon color pack, that would be awesome.

If i get the platinum back i spend on slots for my 12 warframes and about 40 weapons, no problem. Or they need to fill the game with so much stuff that the plat wasnt wasted. Im rank 7 now, rank 8 soon. If i get 8 slots for weapons and warframes i want that additional 8 warframes, too.

Honestly, people give ME3 too much flack. The game itself was arguably the best in the trilogy, it was simply destroyed by an appalling ending that flew in the face of everything the game seemed to have told us so far.

In hindsight, it really helps if you have an ending to your narrative planned out instead of winging it.

It was great up until the last 15 or so minutes.

Having hundred of hours logged each game, you get extremely attached to the characters. Then bioware gets lazy and pulls that starchild BS. 

over a year later and im still ranting about it

If they wanted to stay fair they would charge everyone a $50 price tag at the door; like a video game of this caliber really could. Fact of the matter is that free players can enjoy the game in it's entirety but will have more limitations. If you don't think that's extremely fair, I don't know what to tell you.

When was the last time you paid 50$ for a download only game like this?

At most this game would start at 19.99$ and would go on sale for 9.99$ real fast.

Borderlands2 has much more content and went on sale for like 35$ within the first month it came out.

Having hundred of hours logged each game, you get extremely attached to the characters. Then bioware gets lazy and pulls that starchild BS. 

I feel the same way

I will not lie i cried when i saw my teammates putting up the Shepard plaqe that plucked my heart strings but that aside i was confused at what the kid was ranting about

I mean being fair in respect to this being a Free-To-Play game, not in the general sense of gaming. Like I said, they don't have to be fair -- to keep things... fresh, so to speak, to the players who don't spend money. However, they usually do stay fair. The proof of that is the sheer amount of items that should be exclusive, but can be acquired in game through gameplay.

While I understand there are those who can't buy plat due to having no credit card/international/other issues, and I do support being able to get slots in-games for free somehow...

For those who have a bit of extra money, why don't you just buy some plat to support an AWESOME game company? You don't have to pay much, just get the smaller amounts, and you'll get some slots out of that.

Seriously, it's not going to kill you or anything.

The irony of commenting on someone's inability to pay for a *video game* which is *leisure* and a *luxury* that requires a machine that likely cost in excess of $600.

I realize you're saying it's no big deal to purchase some money but lets be real here... if you can't afford to spend $5.00 on a video game you likely have more important things to deal with than said video game; plus there are numerous options to getting cash onto the net that this company accepts.

If we were talking about basic food and amenities starving in the streets, that's one thing... but this is a video game. As it stands it's pretty freaking cool that this game and many others are enjoyable for free. I am not trying to say people who can afford to kick down some cash are better than anyone else; but that doesn't change that video games are a side hobby, and it's not like having no plat is going to bring harm to anyone.

I have mixed feelings.

On one hand if people aren't spending money for something, the game gets shut down because the developers HAVE to make a profit.

On the other, I hate having to pay real money to progress in a a game and believe me progress in this game is measured mostly by collecting frames and weapons rather than reaching max level on one frame so you can do endgame raids or what not.

Still I have spent quite a bit of money on the game and 20 plat for Frame Slots isn't bad.  I mean at the most expensive purchase $10 buys you 170 plat.  That means a slot costs you just over a dollar.  A candy bar or a soda at the local 7-11 will cost you more than that so you really can't claim it is too expensive.  In fact I would say about the only people that can't afford to invest $10 in a game are children whose parents refuse to use their credit cards online for a game.  That however is a parent's decision and not the fault of the developer.

true and if it had EA funding it there would probably be a lot more problems with the game, lol

The Point---->

Your head

It's not about EA. It has nothing to do with EA. It has everything to do with the fact that this game is being built at this very moment by a dedicated group of talented individuals, who are without a source of reliable funding, and your general attitude seems to be "work harder slaves".

These are still people, they still have families to go home to, they still have to eat, and sleep. They are not machines whose sole purpose is to churn out content for us. So rather than complaining about the lack of features, accept that some things will only be added in the fullness of time, and in the meantime provide feedback on what is in the game.

The irony of commenting on someone's inability to pay for a *video game* which is *leisure* and a *luxury* that requires a machine that likely cost in excess of $600.

I realize you're saying it's no big deal to purchase some money but lets be real here... if you can't afford to spend $5.00 on a video game you likely have more important things to deal with than said video game; plus there are numerous options to getting cash onto the net that this company accepts.

If we were talking about basic food and amenities starving in the streets, that's one thing... but this is a video game. As it stands it's pretty freaking cool that this game and many others are enjoyable for free. I am not trying to say people who can afford to kick down some cash are better than anyone else; but that doesn't change that video games are a side hobby, and it's not like having no plat is going to bring harm to anyone.

And I totally agree with that. I'm not saying it's bad to never buy play, I'm just saying it won't really hurt if you have some extra money and get some.

When was the last time you paid 50$ for a download only game like this?

At most this game would start at 19.99$ and would go on sale for 9.99$ real fast.

Borderlands2 has much more content and went on sale for like 35$ within the first month it came out.

Ok, $50 was a bit of an overstatement, but it could easily be 35+ Forge doesn't have a fraction of the content and it goes for 19.99 (and does fairly decent lately I might add) I was more thinking of pricing for console games and such also compensating for the constant flow of new content (no matter how trivial).

Also BL2 didn't go on a significant sale till darn near right before christmas... I checked my steam notifications twice a day waiting for it to go under $50

Again:

On topic: We have already been told that the devs are looking at inventory slots being tied to a different mechanic such as mastery level, rather than being plat only. In the future, you will most likely be able to earn slots through mastery, with the option to buy them with plat for convenience.

This very topic is already something that DE is addressing and searching for alternatives to. They have already stated that they want to give F2P players the means to acquire more inventory. At this point, it seems like a moot point to discuss whether or not the should, since it seems they've already decided to.

We'd be better served by discussing how they should implement this.

Edited by JerryMouse13

agree, some people, like me, don't have disposable income, we shouldn't be totally excluded from most game content just because we are poor. 

In mass effect 3 you could unlock everything for free with enough grinding, but the game still made tons of money. Its time warframe learned from that example

You had enough money for Mass Effect 3. Why are you unable to spend five dollars on this game for three slots? Have your living conditions changed?

you haven't been keeping up with the conversation. You are arguing against a point no one is making.

we are not saying what the devs deserve, we are saying what some cares can and/or will pay for

​there are many players who don't have disposable incomes and there are many player who simply will not pay for a game they don't play all that much

the game needs both sets of players to keep running, especially the first as they are likely to devote much time and effort to playing the game and making the experience better for playing players

And you didn't under stand my point. It is about what the devs deserve and they need the money. The world runs on money not on crap.

I come back to play after a nap and find a Frost Prime when I'm already building a FROST? D: Y U DO THIS TO ME, WARFRAME? I has no more slots. Anywho, spending $$$ isn't a big no-no to me mainly because I've got a card I can used already, but, I guess buying slots with credits would be more.. cheaper, so to speak.

Ok, $50 was a bit of an overstatement, but it could easily be 35+ Forge doesn't have a fraction of the content and it goes for 19.99 (and does fairly decent lately I might add) I was more thinking of pricing for console games and such also compensating for the constant flow of new content (no matter how trivial).

Also BL2 didn't go on a significant sale till darn near right before christmas... I checked my steam notifications twice a day waiting for it to go under $50

BL2 came out sep 18th

It went on crazy sale on black friday and cyber monday  for as low as 29.99$ around nov 26th(about a month later)

F2P should never have essential items that can't be obtained without in game earned money. Weapon and Warframe slots are essential items because without them, you'll be limited to only a small section of the game.

Which sections of the game are limited to you due to lack of slots? Nothing. Can you play with any frame you want? Yes (except Excalibur Prime), Can you use any weapon you want? Yes. Can you beat every map in the game? Yes.

imho if you play enough to fill 2 frame slots and 8 weapon slots (more if you spent your free plat on slots) it's time to support the game financially or move on. Filling the initial slots is a LOT of free play. Worst case scenario is you sell stuff and free up slots. Then you can play for free forever in a slightly limited way, which seems fair enough to me. Just an opinion.

I'll bet buying new slots once the first set are full is the trigger that makes most players buy platinum. It is a necessary trigger for the game to survive at the moment.

If they do give more free slots, then I hope it is via high Mastery because you will never (ever) get high Mastery without levelling a crapton of frame or weapons, so it would essentially change nothing.

And btw any comparison of ME3 - a triple A title from a massive publisher with a massive budget - to to this - a small f2p game from a tiny independent developer who is totally dependant on players buying platinum to keep the game going - is ridiculous.

Edited by GhostlightX