Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Key Binding Menu Is A Trap!

Garompa

So I wanted to bind my "V" key to invert camera (H by default), went to key binding menu, and after entering that menu I can't go back, change any key or do anything, every option I click does nothing, hitting escape doesnt work either, Only thing that works is ALt F4 to close the damn game because I can't get out of that menu to keep playing or do something else.

Hope its fixed.

Edited by Garompa

I just had this, its my first time playing and the menu crashed whilst I was out-of-game, which is fine because you can logout. But I started a level and got myself in the menu and couldnt work out how to escape without alt-f4. strange bug, very frustrating too.

I always get this, especially since i'm constantly reconfiguring my gamepad to test what's the best setup. Rather annoying since it also doesn't save what I've changed. I've taken to changing one thing, exiting the menu, then re-entering to try and prevent it from happening. Would love to see this fixed soon.

Getting this too. Just opening the rebinding menu causes the interface to become unresponisive.

Can't scroll the button options or click anything. The "Back" and "Default" buttons at the bottom highlight when moused over, but can't be clicked. Can log out, but the keybind menu stays on screen and in focus, covering the login menu.

Just to add some things to this;

1. Happens not instantly, only after a few seconds of being in the key bindings menu.

2. The buttons all highlight, but clicking on them does nothing, the game continues, it doesn't freeze, it just becomes impossible to interract with.

3. If one clicks on the Title of the page "Controls" You get an insertion point next to it (The blinking line that appears when you type) as though you can type in the box containing the title. Doing so, however, simply turns the "Controls" title invisible.

4. If attempting to change key bindings on the main menu, it is possible to interract with the menu UI; visit your arsenal or log out, for example.

5. No keys have any effect whatsoever once this glitch occurs, even sticky keys seem to stop working. Alt F4 seems to be the only exception.

6. Trigger seems to be time based; I've tried opening the binding menu and leaving it, glitch occurs after a few seconds. However, scrolling or clicking any of the options within the menu neither stops, nor causes the glitch.

Just to add some things to this;

1. Happens not instantly, only after a few seconds of being in the key bindings menu.

2. The buttons all highlight, but clicking on them does nothing, the game continues, it doesn't freeze, it just becomes impossible to interract with.

3. If one clicks on the Title of the page "Controls" You get an insertion point next to it (The blinking line that appears when you type) as though you can type in the box containing the title. Doing so, however, simply turns the "Controls" title invisible.

4. If attempting to change key bindings on the main menu, it is possible to interract with the menu UI; visit your arsenal or log out, for example.

5. No keys have any effect whatsoever once this glitch occurs, even sticky keys seem to stop working. Alt F4 seems to be the only exception.

6. Trigger seems to be time based; I've tried opening the binding menu and leaving it, glitch occurs after a few seconds. However, scrolling or clicking any of the options within the menu neither stops, nor causes the glitch.

These are the exact issues I am having.  I wanted to add that verifying the game cache in steam states that there are 34 files messed up and redownloaded.  However, this issue still persisted, as well as the same number of messed up files.

Posted under similar topic yesterday on how I reproduce the glitch, which I will paste below.

I reproduce this bug by doing the following:

1. Enter Key Bind window in options
2. Scroll the key bind list down with mouse scroll
3. Instantly scroll the key bind list up to the top with mouse scroll

By doing this, the UI always locks itself. It can also be stressed by continously switching between scroll down and scroll up with mouse scroll in the key binds list.

Edited by escwald