Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Will We Ever Be Able To Purchase Weapon/warframe Slots Without Platinum?

Pianoman7117

Then spend the 5 dollars and get it. Put down the foot long sandwich, large fry and vanilla shake and put forth 5 dollars. It is summer, take an hour and mow a lawn. You could get the combo meal AND the slots.

... you are implying everyone can afford those even in the first place. This "hunter" level foundership is pretty much all I could spend for a long time. I did it because I enjoy the game a lot and had managed to save up a little.

... you are implying everyone can afford those even in the first place. This "hunter" level foundership is pretty much all I could spend for a long time. I did it because I enjoy the game a lot and had managed to save up a little.

We are on the Internet. Playing a modern computer game. Thus having a decent enough computer to run it. So yeah, it's a safe assumption such a person can shell out $5 at some point for something they enjoy.

The Disciple level would've already gotten me enough Warframe slots to get all the frames, and a decent bunch of weapon slots on top. I shelled out for a Hunter because I felt I had gotten enough enjoyment out of the game to justify it, with more playing to come most certainly. 

I remember a looooong time ago when I was growing up.  Computers were absolute miracle machines (yes I had a ZX81 - with a 16k RAM pack that fell out of the back!)

In those hideous days, and until fairly recent times, a game of this caliber would have set you back £40 - that's about $55.

Quit your whining and be glad you got to enjoy this game.  If you think you have it bad, you never tried to dock your starship in Elite....

(for those of you that don't know -

)

They HAVE mentioned in a livestream that mastery ranks will make you be able to get warframe/weapons slots in the future, as their current server infrastructure isn't suitable for that sort of thing.

They HAVE mentioned in a livestream that mastery ranks will make you be able to get warframe/weapons slots in the future, as their current server infrastructure isn't suitable for that sort of thing.

it has been mention in this thread. Not good enough to satisfy the entitlement

The thing about F2P games is that anything being inaccessable to free members is a bad thing. Pay to Win is the most annoying and worst of all problems, but it is not the only one. Everything should be unlockable in one way or another, but that does not mean it should be easy or worth it to do.

When and if they implement a system to gain warframe and weapon slots with Mastery rank, this will be enough to make it possible, even if it is really, really slow, and that is all I really want. Should they not do that, I would suggest a much higher price on slots than those here, by making the price of each slot lower at first, but doubling for each additional slot. Such as 500k, 1m, 2m, 4m, etc. for warframe slots and 150k, 300k, 600k, etc. for weapon slots. (with  this system to get 6 warfrme slots would cost 39.5 Million credits).

The problem with that, as noted, is that credit value fluctuates, especially while still in beta. An even bigger problem is, without a good trading system, there is little use in credits and so currently hoarding a large number of credits is not unexpected.

I have money and will pay for slots and other things should I keep playing the game. Mostly to support the developers. However, on principle, I do not believe there should be anything that cannot be obtained in one way or another without money.

p.s. The number of warframe you have and your 'in game power' are directly connected. Having certain warframes for certain levels, such as Frost for Defences, can be a huge boon. While power =/= number of items/warframes they are connected.

As far as i'm concerned the cosmetics and the warframe/weapon slots are the only things that could't not be gotten otherwise, if you played up to the point were all of your slots are full and you're still not willing to pay anything then what's it in for the developer ? The only way i can think of this actually working is if you were to give some slots for free at some of the higher mastery ranks say after rank 4 you get 1 weapon slot and after 5 you get 1 warframe slot and so on, since those ranks don't give you anything else right now. But seriously guys if you like this game enough to play all the way to mastery rank 5 then consider spending some money on it to help the developers.

If they made the game solely for the sake of making money, then all the developers should just stop.

Then spend the 5 dollars and get it. Put down the foot long sandwich, large fry and vanilla shake and put forth 5 dollars. It is summer, take an hour and mow a lawn. You could get the combo meal AND the slots.

I actually have a job, you're assuming I'm a typical lazy obese american when in reality you have no idea who I am. This sort of assumption merely refutes your argument.

The thing about F2P games is that anything being inaccessable to free members is a bad thing. Pay to Win is the most annoying and worst of all problems, but it is not the only one. Everything should be unlockable in one way or another, but that does not mean it should be easy or worth it to do.

General norm with F2P games is generally the ones that offer cosmetics, visual changes or just normal convenience for real money tend to be the most well received, some of the stuff they're offering now is already on a really slippery slope for me.

Anything that is flat out a weapon or a warframe that is not obtainable through playing the game is just.....bad, it's archaic, it doesn't exist in most F2P titles anymore.

Alternate warframe/weapon models from the art team? cool.

Alternate warframe/weapon models with different stats and polarities, arguably better or not? not cool.

As for Warframe slots I believe the issue was already known to DE, odds are they'll do something, just hard to say when.

Edited by Spooghetti

Quit your whining and be glad you got to enjoy this game.  If you think you have it bad, you never tried to dock your starship in Elite....

I am 35. I did have to dock my Cobra Mk. III manually. :P

Where do I even begin?

First of all, don't assume al of us overspend on everything else. I cut every corner I can and turn over every dime I spend and I still have trouble paying my rent. My entertainment diet exists of free games, writing and indie packs. I'd love to just go out and mow someone's lawn for money, but I believe the nearest lawn might well be a mile away and whoever owns it might very well not have the money to pay someone to do what they can do themselves. I don't live in Middleclass Suburbia.

Now, I DID still put down some money for the game, but even spending four bucks is a BIG thing for me. That might sound insane, but I'm lucky when my bank account goes above double digits for more than a month. I just invest in what I support. I'll work extra hours if needed. But not everyone has that option and, hell, even for ME it's irresponsible considering I still have unpaid bills. That's not taking into account those unfortunate enough to have no means of electronic payment.

All people are asking for is an alternative. They're willing to put in time and effort in the game. If they're willing to put in 50 hours of work in-game to get something that would only take one hour of paid work to acquire otherwise, they might just have a reason. Acting condescending isn't helping anyone.

I thought about this a little longer and now wish to explain why I believe this game aught to be able to purchase more slots in some way or form, whether it may be a lot of credits, alert missions or special events, or anything at all they might come up with.

I'll give you my story.

I started as a mag, got it up to rank 30, around the same time, I finished both of my new warframes, Ember and Banshee. Now I played both and I found my clear favorite between the two being banshee, and have already potato'd it and gotten it to around level 24, Once I hit level 30, I'll do the same to ember of course, but wait, we just unlocked Frost Prime, where am I going to put that? That means I'll probably end up removing ember and replacing it with that. But then, I still want to get the mastery ranks for all of the others, so that means I'd have to remove my first warframe mag? because I can't remove frost prime, and I can't remove a potato'd Banshee. And of course the way this game works, there will be newer and newer things that I can't remove because of the IMMENSE EFFORT required to make and level them. This also basically means I can't potato anything because that will result in me eventually having to discard it anyways. Listen I'm a completionist, and I understand I pay no money to play this game, but if I continue on knowing that I will essentially lose all my stuff just in order to have something to do in the game, then why would I want to play? That isn't a fun experience. Moreover most free to play games I've seen don't offer (or shouldn't offer) "pay for power" It is a horrible concept that ruins free to play games. I understand if people who pay to play get free stuff, bonus credits, earlier stuff, faster stuff, exclusive aesthetic things, that's okay, but it should be possible to have just as much power in the game as someone who pays assuming you put in a lot more hours and effort than they did. But I'm sorry if you honestly think it's okay for someone get the parts to a warframe, build it, level it to 30, and then just trash it to get the mastery points of the next warframe, then go ahead and downvote me.

why don't you just spend about 10 bucks for the game? are people really that stingy these days?

so by the time you leveled up your 3 warframes to the max rank of 30 you would have played for more then 100 hours i guess (includes farming etc). so you just got entertained for about 100 hours for NO money at all. i just don't understand how people can't understand that making games is nothing you do just for fun without any costs.

DE has to live somehow, they have to pay their workers and in order to keep this game running and entertaining us players they have to pay for the server, databases, support etc.

talking about power, having 5 warframes does not make you more powerful. if you like this game and if you spent some hours into it, want to play it more then god damn throw some bucks at the devs worth some burgers...

one time mc donals, meal, 7-9€

one time cinema, 7-10€

one time hookah bar 10-15€

playing hundreds of hours, 0-...

Where do I even begin?

First of all, don't assume al of us overspend on everything else. I cut every corner I can and turn over every dime I spend and I still have trouble paying my rent. My entertainment diet exists of free games, writing and indie packs. I'd love to just go out and mow someone's lawn for money, but I believe the nearest lawn might well be a mile away and whoever owns it might very well not have the money to pay someone to do what they can do themselves. I don't live in Middleclass Suburbia.

Now, I DID still put down some money for the game, but even spending four bucks is a BIG thing for me. That might sound insane, but I'm lucky when my bank account goes above double digits for more than a month. I just invest in what I support. I'll work extra hours if needed. But not everyone has that option and, hell, even for ME it's irresponsible considering I still have unpaid bills. That's not taking into account those unfortunate enough to have no means of electronic payment.

All people are asking for is an alternative. They're willing to put in time and effort in the game. If they're willing to put in 50 hours of work in-game to get something that would only take one hour of paid work to acquire otherwise, they might just have a reason. Acting condescending isn't helping anyone.

this explains a lot concerning the first post i quoted from you. while it really is sad to hear that about you and that spending 5 bucks is not as easy as it sounds to you. you somehow managed to buy a pc that runs warframe, you got a internet connection and you sound like someone capable of managing his life.

Edited by dEEkAy2k9

I think the best idea is to have some sort of high amount of credits to buy an extra warframe slot (just for the heck of it, Ill say like 250k credits or maybe 500k credits, tops).  As for weapons, I think about 300,000 credits would be decent to have to open a new slot. Now, for new people, it would be costly to pay that much for it but if you do those aelrts, grind the boss missions and sell unneeded blueprints, then you can get some fairly high credits in no time. 

Eitherway, I hope they either make it possible to buy with credits, or possibly add one more space for the warframes, so that those who have the new frost build, can atleast build it without it takin up their final space.  Ironically, for me, I just built my frost warframe about 2 weeks ago, so now im upset since once I uild the new one, I might use it (still thinking if its a good idea or not since they just look different but act the same)

I think the best idea is to have some sort of high amount of credits to buy an extra warframe slot (just for the heck of it, Ill say like 250k credits or maybe 500k credits, tops).  As for weapons, I think about 300,000 credits would be decent to have to open a new slot. Now, for new people, it would be costly to pay that much for it but if you do those aelrts, grind the boss missions and sell unneeded blueprints, then you can get some fairly high credits in no time. 

Eitherway, I hope they either make it possible to buy with credits, or possibly add one more space for the warframes, so that those who have the new frost build, can atleast build it without it takin up their final space.  Ironically, for me, I just built my frost warframe about 2 weeks ago, so now im upset since once I uild the new one, I might use it (still thinking if its a good idea or not since they just look different but act the same)

500k xD

What a joke. I earn that much in a day....

You will most likely get slots for progression. Other than that, no

Edited by Venarge

even if they need that money they could make a little bit promotion for sponsors at the loading screen

that would be okay for that that we can get platinum without real money

Edited by Sniper_Kirby

I think the some slots should be obtainable via your mastery level.

That would at least give the mastery level some purpose past level 4 other than bragging rights.

Of course, it wouldn't be a lot since the sale of slots is one source of revenue for the developers.

Probably giving 1 weapon and 1 warframe slot for each rank up is good enough.

It shouldn't be credit based unless you want to see absurd amount of credits for it but even then, there will still be some "No-Life King" or "No-Life Queen" who can make enough for them.

You have 2 Warframe slots + 8 weapon slots + 50 Platinum to divide between the two.  That's enough for something like 3 warframes and 3-4 different weapon loadouts.  There's plenty of options there for you if you want them.  If you want more, that's what cash is for.

From a different perspective: Right now the game is beta and the slots annoy to actually properly playtest content.

I will -never- spend money on a beta, out of principle. Why? Look at WarZ and you should know why.

From a different perspective: Right now the game is beta and the slots annoy to actually properly playtest content.

I will -never- spend money on a beta, out of principle. Why? Look at WarZ and you should know why.

THIS oh my god yes

While i agree with the idea that people don't have a lot of money to throw around all the time, the answer to this happening is most likely that it won't happen. Being a f2p game, The devs need to make money to keep the game running somehow. this In-game currency is how they do it. so if they were to implement a way to get platinum that did not involve real world currency, it would either be extremely slow, or would involve the game becoming pay to play altogether. that being said, it seems a lot more likely that the devs simply won't implement this at all.

Glad someone else see's things the way I do.

1. Weapon/Warframe expansions should be able to be bought with large supplies of credits 250-300k is a lot I know a lot of you have a lot more then that however the reason for that is we dont have any other form of a credit dump at the moment. but in all reality thats a lot of missions. I mean thats still like 66+ missions rocking pluto thats a lot of time for a player to put in. However I agree that these should also have a platinum option as well for the player that doesn't have the time to grind out 60+ missions to unlock the ability to hold one more warframe and I admit 20platinum is more then a fair price for this if you want to go the real money option however you should not be forced into this. Nor, should we have to grind out our mastery rank to unlock these slots either these are beyond time consuming and if you wanna save your credits and do it that way then more power to you however there should be a credit option as well.

2. Warframes/Weapons I have no problem at all with these having a real money option as well as a credit for Blueprint(time consumption) option. I do however believe that all the warframes should have a reasonable price tag around the 10-15$ range due to the time and effort that it takes to create/animate one. And by making them all have different price tags you as a company are telling your consumers that these higher priced ones have more value whether it be strength or popularity to contemplation them having this higher price. I can understand the core 4 starting warframes (volt being the 4th because he used to be a starting frame) having a lower price tag then the rest just because you want them to feel they can snag the rest of those starting frames cheap instead of just making 3 accounts to get one of each of them. However the rest should all have the same price. as for weapons lets be serious you guys are charging WAY to much money for some of these weapons I mean 15$ for a gun as a former 3D modeler I know it doesn't take much to design and animate a gun I can understand maybe a 5$ price tag on these if someone doesn't wanna grind out the mats and spend the credits on making it themselves, but lets not get carried away with the prices.

3. As for what should cost real money and shouldn't.

A) Warframes/Weapons - Real Money (Quick and pricey) OR Credits (Players time spent grinding Blueprints,credits, and foundry mats)

B) Warframe/Weapon Expansions - Real Money (Dont want to farm credits) Or Credits (250-300k MORE THEN REASONABLE for the player that want to farm out the credits so that he has space to build something knew)

C) Skins/Custom Helms - Real Money only (lets be real here if you look at any successful F2P game with micro-transactions this is where and how     they make their money and stay a success.

D) Blueprint Rushes - Real Money only (Must say this is a pretty genius way to still try and milk some real money out of the lazy and impatient ppl)

E) Boosts (exp/credit) - Real Money only

F) Color Pallets - Free... lets get real here guys you charging for colors is kinda sad and pathetic

Also I have a post similar to this one that has some pretty good opinions from other Tenno on the forums your more then welcome to check it out and put your opinion in on it. https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/39570-platinum/

3. As for what should cost real money and shouldn't.

A) Warframes/Weapons - Real Money (Quick and pricey) OR Credits (Players time spent grinding Blueprints,credits, and foundry mats)

B) Warframe/Weapon Expansions - Real Money (Dont want to farm credits) Or Credits (250-300k MORE THEN REASONABLE for the player that want to farm out the credits so that he has space to build something knew)

C) Skins/Custom Helms - Real Money only (lets be real here if you look at any successful F2P game with micro-transactions this is where and how     they make their money and stay a success.

D) Blueprint Rushes - Real Money only (Must say this is a pretty genius way to still try and milk some real money out of the lazy and impatient ppl)

E) Boosts (exp/credit) - Real Money only

F) Color Pallets - Free... lets get real here guys you charging for colors is kinda sad and pathetic

Also I have a post similar to this one that has some pretty good opinions from other Tenno on the forums your more then welcome to check it out and put your opinion in on it. https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/39570-platinum/

i like how you just posted this "how things should be" based on what you want to have and what you don't really want. it's sad and pathetic to charge for cosmetics? ha. it's sad and pathetic to rationalise things like that hiding your true intentions.