Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What's The Size?

VectorWolf

Recently I was looking at sci-fi starship size comparison chart, and I thought: "how big are the ships and stations in WF universe?".

So, anyone got some idea how big is Grineer Galeon, Fomorian, Corpus ships, the Orokin one, and Relays? And I mean something more reliable than weird scale of archwing models.

PS. Chart I was looking at:

size_comparison___science_fiction_spaces

Edited by VectorWolf

Any console players here able to measure the height of a Balor Fomorian?

(Place a waypoint on the bottom then fly right to the top, checking the distance of the waypoint, or vice versa)

On the right we see a Balor Fomorian of 'known' size, and on the left we see a large Corpus Ship, the one with the blocky front.

In the middle, we can see a (low res sprite, but I thnk I'm right) Corpus transport(?) ship, the one with the two large cylinders on the front. Travelling in the opposite direction are some hazy arrangements of pixels which look to be Grineer Galleons. This does provide a guideline to scale, but seems a little contradictory to other sources.

owVrdBw.jpg

• 1 month later...

For reference, I just measured in the Archwing quest, the Balor Fomorian is 4km tall, and the Corpus Obelisk's (I think that's what people call it) head is about 850 tall, measured that one from the rubble though.

Edited by Kthal

For reference, I just measured in the Archwing quest, the Balor Fomorian is 4km tall, and the Corpus Obelisk's (I think that's what people call it) head is about 850 tall, measured that one from the rubble though.

That's awesome! If only there was some confirmation from the devs.

Damn, I would love to see some good crossover fic with Warframe.

Covenant Supercarrier is over twice as large (29km long).

Easily bigger than anything else on the chart.

I would say that the Fortress-Monastery Phalanx, a mothership for the Imperial Fists chapter in WH40K is supposedly the size of a small moon, so few dozens to few hundred kilometers long/wide (it's symmetrical), but that would be bragging :P

And next, you'll jump out with Forerunner Ark etc.

The point is, Balor Fomorian is bigger than the average spaceship, and I would love to see it fight against a Reaper or Destiny Ascension.