Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Solution To Balancing Pvp: The Stalker Warframe

Irkalla

As true as that is. The voting system give us a clear view of how popular an idea/suggestion is within the community.

Yes, but it isn't needed to say 'If you knew that it would get downvotes then why did you post it?' because if people did this, then you would see a whole less opinions and suggestions.

Stalker will exist whether or not it is controlled by a player.  I don't see the big deal with letting a player at the helm.  So far, nobody has even tried to argue that issue, just trashed it because it was a PVP idea.

Because getting #*($%%@ by an AI and getting #*($%%@ by an actual human being are two entirely different things.

Not to mention how they'll "recruit" Stalkers.

Yes, but it isn't needed to say 'If you knew that it would get downvotes then why did you post it?' because if people did this, then you would see a whole less opinions and suggestions.

Even though it's true. Why would DE add contents to the game if the majority of the players hate it or simply don't like it?

Most the of suggestion are great and probably will be added to the game, but the rest aren't all that popular and has been posted many times.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/19316-what-if-players-acted-out-the-stalker-role-like-in-dark-souls/

That's essentially what this thread will progress to. Idea > no pvp pls > Warframe isn't Dark Souls > a thousand posts of flame and agony > Age of Fire ends, people actually talking about the topic again > thread is necrod because I will keep linking to it anytime a "Dark Souls-esque PVP idea" pops up.

Stalker will exist whether or not it is controlled by a player.  I don't see the big deal with letting a player at the helm.  So far, nobody has even tried to argue that issue, just trashed it because it was a PVP idea.

I guess I should have just kept the three letter word out of it.  

Actually there is a thread about just that. 

I was involved quite heavily on it and it started as a war but calmed down at the end.

It all boils down to the fact in a game where PvE is the norm and PvP is the more popular/mainstream play style, then it dumbfounds people and they start asking why it's not in this game. I'm on neither side, but personally I would prefer to see a good PvE and a good PvP game in one. 

This is true, however people must keep discussions civil and not just bash others for their ideas (not saying anyone has done it yet here). The downvotes should have no matter in the whole scheme of things.

I agree. most people think that down voting will discourage opinions. while i think the voting here is the same as a social site probably all of us seem to know where likes and shares mean nothing. but people still think it makes a difference.

while here its just people having a discussion and pointing out opinions. not having a who has the more votes Epeen competition

Actually there is a thread about just that. 

I was involved quite heavily on it and it started as a war but calmed down at the end.

It all boils down to the fact in a game where PvE is the norm and PvP is the more popular/mainstream play style, then it dumbfounds people and they start asking why it's not in this game. I'm on neither side, but personally I would prefer to see a good PvE and a good PvP game in one. 

I'd prefer a great PvE game than a mediocre PvP and PvE game.

I'd prefer a great PvE game than a mediocre PvP and PvE game.

That's a nice strawman argument.  There's no reason why this game can't be a great PvP and PvE game.  The implication that introducing PvP will suddenly make the game ~mediocre~ and ~2maintream4u~ creates a false dichotomy.

They need to nerfbat the AI stalker a bit >_> three times. THREE TIMES in one day he just leaves with a tiny sliver of health left and his target wasn't even dead yet.. It's bs. 

He becomes invincible and leaves when his HP gets to 10%, whether he killed his target or not.

They need to nerfbat the AI stalker a bit >_> three times. THREE TIMES in one day he just leaves with a tiny sliver of health left and his target wasn't even dead yet.. It's bs. 

This thread is about PvP in mix with the stalker, not with the A.I itself. 

I too would really like a shooter game that is based on being a pve game to remain being just a pve game. I cannot deny however that op has put thought into how pvp could work and that it is a good idea regardless of how against it the community is. It actually makes me curious to see how his idea could turn out and seems to be the only way the lore as it currently is could work out for pvp. 

Any other way for pvp aside from a player to player trainning type pvp to me would go completely against my idea of this game.

Edited by XfynxX

Ok, not going to trash talk like a few trolls usually will do.

Matter of fact, I read it and it sounds like a nice idea. My only problem, and its more or less minor, is that not everyone likes PVP in a lot of games. I don't like PVP at all to begin with which is why I avoid a lot of online games. However, being able to play a Stalker would be a neat idea and a change of pace from what you're usually doing, if its implemented correctly.

Now, one thing I might add on to the idea is a switch between allowing a PVP Stalker in your game, or just the normal AI variant because not everyone wants to face off against players. Especially when being bombarded by 30 different MOA's or being banged by Infested creatures.

All-in-all, its a neat idea and something that could be considered. Just make an ability to switch between the two somewhere, since I certainly wouldn't want to face against a Player Stalker since the AI version is hard enough on his own if you can't bug his movement.

As true as that is. The voting system give us a clear view of how popular an idea/suggestion is within the community.

Heh, I never look at the vote numbers anyway. Too many trolls downvote just because they're griefers or something, so I never pay attention to them anyway. Its a meaningless number.

Ok, not going to trash talk like a few trolls usually will do.

Matter of fact, I read it and it sounds like a nice idea. My only problem, and its more or less minor, is that not everyone likes PVP in a lot of games. I don't like PVP at all to begin with which is why I avoid a lot of online games. However, being able to play a Stalker would be a neat idea and a change of pace from what you're usually doing, if its implemented correctly.

Now, one thing I might add on to the idea is a switch between allowing a PVP Stalker in your game, or just the normal AI variant because not everyone wants to face off against players. Especially when being bombarded by 30 different MOA's or being banged by Infested creatures.

All-in-all, its a neat idea and something that could be considered. Just make an ability to switch between the two somewhere, since I certainly wouldn't want to face against a Player Stalker since the AI version is hard enough on his own if you can't bug his movement.

Heh, I never look at the vote numbers anyway. Too many trolls downvote just because they're griefers or something, so I never pay attention to them anyway. Its a meaningless number.

Maybe have some sort of heat system, where you get heat from killing the same boss or something?  It would provide a good way to tell unsuccessful farmers when enough is enough; give them an incentive to get some fresh air or something.  Or they could go all in and continue to farm the boss, at risk.

I think discouraging one of the core concepts of this game, farming, could be a bad idea, though.  But I do know that Korean F2P's have incentivized taking breaks from the game, and it hasn't really hurt them much.  Korea has a good bit to teach us about how and how not to make F2P games, especially in terms of controlling addiction.  But the rest of the world doesn't seem to have the problems with game addiction that Korea has.

Edited by Irkalla

Maybe have some sort of heat system, where you get heat from killing the same boss or something?  It would provide a good way to tell unsuccessful farmers when enough is enough; give them an incentive to get some fresh air or something.  Or they could go all in and continue to farm the boss, at risk.

I think discouraging one of the core concepts of this game, farming, could be a bad idea, though.  But I do know that Korean F2P's have incentivized taking breaks from the game, and it hasn't really hurt them much.  Korea has a good bit to teach us about how and how not to make F2P games, especially in terms of controlling addiction.  But the rest of the world doesn't seem to have the problems with game addiction that Korea has.

IMHO this is what the build time on BPs are. 3 days of optional downtime so I can wind down before ranking a new Warframe.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/19316-what-if-players-acted-out-the-stalker-role-like-in-dark-souls/

That's essentially what this thread will progress to. Idea > no pvp pls > Warframe isn't Dark Souls > a thousand posts of flame and agony > Age of Fire ends, people actually talking about the topic again > thread is necrod because I will keep linking to it anytime a "Dark Souls-esque PVP idea" pops up.

Do this post sooner, maybe we can kill some of these before they gain a rage life of their own

what's so bad about a pvp that's similar to Dark Souls'? Would you honestly be content playing against derpy bots for the rest of the four months you might be playing? I say four months because, without any semblance of human ingenuity, the bots continue to grow more and more monotonous and the missions more and more boring thanks to that fact.

or you know, just calm the hell down and see what DE will do with it? To me its exciting to see what they can do. And if it takes a few weeks I can wait. Hell I am still interested in how Blizz is going to try to save D3. Have some patience and be glad its not blizz. ^^

or you know, just calm the hell down and see what DE will do with it? To me its exciting to see what they can do. And if it takes a few weeks I can wait. Hell I am still interested in how Blizz is going to try to save D3. Have some patience and be glad its not blizz. ^^

After all, nothing could be as disappointing as D3 -.-

Love the Souls invasion idea, would actually be very fun.  Sadly the way damage works in this game, as it stands, whoever got the first shots or attacks off would win every time.

Edited by ViciousCrux