Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Order 1886 Is A 3-5 Hour Game?

TheErebus.

This may be of particular interest to PS4 users.

My twitter caught wind of Angry Joe's responses towards the Order 1886 having a playtime of about 3-5 hours for the campaign. Now keep in mind, the game is solo only. No multiplayer of any kind, so I searched it up and found these articles: 

http://www.polygon.com/2015/2/16/8043821/the-order-1886-length-playthrough

It also costs around 50$ on Amazon, kinda reminds me of another game that took even less time to finish. 

The devs have responded with a "Quality over Quantity" response. Stating that the game's content will make players forget about the length and enjoy it thoroughly, but that they are aware that the game is short.

So what do you guys think of it? I know almost every PC user will not care for it, so I want to instead pose the question:

"Is it good for games to be short, yet have worthwhile content inside?"

Only 5h? Personally, I like my games to last as long as possible . I don't want to finish a game on the first day. Warframe- Almost 1300h, free. Order 1886- 3-5h, £50. This just makes me not want to buy the order

Edit, read review, even worse, unskippable cutscenes, and half of it is the "5h" playtime 

Edited by (PS4)RyanRFC12345

Depends on if there's any replayablilty to it. If the story itself is only 5 hours long, and with no replayability it's not worth the $60 or so. But if the story mode is only 5 hours long but there's plenty of reasons to replay them like alternate paths and hidden collectibles and whatever else it could seem like it would be worth it.

Wait what, thought the devs said it'd be an 8-10 hour game.

It's a little bit confusing right now, most sources are saying it's a 3-5 hour game, the devs saying it'll be 10-15 hours. However, from what I can gather, this is when you are exploring the game and trying to find every bit of detail that there is. 

Want to know what a good quality game was?

The Last of Us.

Want to know how long the story was? A good 15-20 hours.

But once you're done with the story, that's really it. There's multiplayer sure, but most people didn't really bother with it. They bought it for the story.

Read the thingy, eh he rushed it no surprise. You rush a game it'll be very very short. Hell, play the main campaign of Fallout 3 and disregard level and sidequest the main story is very short. Remove the level system from BL2 and you could finish the game in the same amount of time.

Hmm , the thing is "Quality" is subjective, but something is vastly wrong if the games less than 10h long and were still expected to go full price imo

One thing that hasn't been mentioned though (though I know nothing of the game) is it possible that they sectioned off the rest of it as paid DLC?

But once you're done with the story, that's really it. There's multiplayer sure, but most people didn't really bother with it. They bought it for the story.

Yeah, but saying that it is all about the quality with 5-10 hours isn't very promising. 

The Last of Us, was top-notch, in my book, and so if they are to get to a comparable quality, not mattering if it is in the same niche, less than a lazy afternoon of playtime doesn't look good.

Read the thingy, eh he rushed it no surprise. You rush a game it'll be very very short. Hell, play the main campaign of Fallout 3 and disregard level and sidequest the main story is very short. Remove the level system from BL2 and you could finish the game in the same amount of time.

Keep in mind that BL2 and Fo3 all have other things to do. When you finish the story, it's not over at all. You can still play the game and have tons of other content.

Those games are extremely open-ended, while in The Order (This is all assumptions) the story is linear and follows a set path that you're supposed to follow, while trying to find other things like lore and such.

Idc, why would they show and think such a thing!?!?

I think because a lot of games are coming out that are either exclusive or timed exclusives (e.g. tomb raider and street fighter 5) so I don't think it's that irrational for some people to think other games will be exclusive.

Sometimes that's all you need.

But yeah, The Order BETTER be a VERY impressive game if its not got a multiplayer focus and has THAT pathetic a singleplayer run time.

Sometimes that's all you need.

But yeah, The Order BETTER be a VERY impressive game if its not got a multiplayer focus and has THAT pathetic a singleplayer run time.

I already know a lot of people wont buy it because of the 30 FPS. Which bothers me to no end, because I cannot tell the difference between 30 to 60 FPS.

I already know a lot of people wont buy it because of the 30 FPS. Which bothers me to no end, because I cannot tell the difference between 30 to 60 FPS.

When it's stable 30FPS than idm but when you play games like Borderlands 2 on PS3 co-op it gets unstable but really people are just too whiny and entitled nowadays.