Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mobile Website Issues

cyrus106

(I don't know where this belongs in feedback, so feel free to move this)

I go on this forum a lot on my phone, especially during work when it gets slow. I noticed recently you guys implemented a mobile version of the site, and it's missing my favorite feature (recent topics and recent staff replies). I thought that this wasn't a huge deal, since you have a button at the bottom of the site that says "view full version of the site" and it's basically the same version that you see on the PC. Here's my issue, however. The Recent topics tab on the right is straight-up blank, all the time. This issue never existed till the mobile site was implemented, so I'd like to report it.

Here's a screenshot

IEO58g7.png

Edited by cyrus106

Huh, it works on chrome for the iPhone.  I'd test out a couple different browsers to see, maybe make sure your chrome version is up to date, I think they just pushed out some new versions in the last few weeks.

My chrome is indeed up to date. I use a galaxy s4

My chrome is indeed up to date. I use a galaxy s4

Hrm, I'd recommend giving Opera, Firefox, or Dolphin a try then.  Another option is to try clearing your cache/browsing data in chrome.  Nothing has actually changed with the website. The forum service (IP.Board) that they use has always had a mobile version option, the only thing is that DE (finally) decided to opt to use it, turning on the feature changed absolutely nothing about the way the full version website works.

Hrm, I'd recommend giving Opera, Firefox, or Dolphin a try then.  Another option is to try clearing your cache/browsing data in chrome.  Nothing has actually changed with the website. The forum service (IP.Board) that they use has always had a mobile version option, the only thing is that DE (finally) decided to opt to use it, turning on the feature changed absolutely nothing about the way the full version website works.

odd. Been using the chrome browser for a long time and never had this issue till now. Clearing my cache and cookies did nothing. Is there a url to check recent topics? I check recent topics religiously so this is bugging the crap outta me

odd. Been using the chrome browser for a long time and never had this issue till now. Clearing my cache and cookies did nothing. Is there a url to check recent topics? I check recent topics religiously so this is bugging the crap outta me

Found it:

Press this area in the black to reveal and use the button to minimize topic sections, but not the floating black box with an x on it, because that minimizes the sidebar.

QiNgsuC.png

jK5bdd9.png

The button(s) is always there on the full version of the page, it just doesn't appear until you mouseover it, and on smartphones because there is no mouseover it's usually hidden unless you are clicking on it actively/know where to click.  It must have been clicked by accident at some point.

Edited by Gelkor

Found it:

Press this area in the black to reveal and use the button to minimize topic sections, but not the floating black box with an x on it, because that minimizes the sidebar.

QiNgsuC.png

jK5bdd9.png

The button(s) is always there on the full version of the page, it just doesn't appear until you mouseover it, and on smartphones because there is no mouseover it's usually hidden unless you are clicking on it actively/know where to click.  It must have been clicked by accident at some point.

That fixed it! Thank you very much