Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Syndicate Effects And How They Should Be Less Static Based On Syndicate Rank.

Kinperor

Hello,

I have recently acquired a Vaykor Marelok and a Synoid Gammacor. While both weapons are strong, I was more interested in the buff they give than their damage output, which sparked the reflexion that led to this thread.

You see, it occurred to me that, as a Loka partisan, I received the same buff from these weapon that a full fledged member of either faction despite being an enemy of both Syndicate. I think this is kind of counter intuitive, and ultimately doesn't really encourage the player to stick to the weapons (or mods) of his faction, which should be something that is at least minimally incentivized.

This is the reason why I believe that the effects should scale with the Syndicate level of players, hopefully as a mean to make all weapons (and mods) valuable, and not just Synoid Gammacor. (Tho I am aware of the buff it would be to an already strong weapon).

I think the following tiering is reasonable and doesn't break the game:

•  Syndicate tier 2 and below (including negative): The stat buff increases only the base stat (IE what we have currently). Taking Oberon's health as an example with the Purity effect, an Oberon with maxed vitality would receive a bonus of about 31,25 max health increase for the duration of the Purity effect. 

• Syndicate tier 3 and 4: The stat buff increases the highest between BONUS stat and BASE stat. In the case of an Oberon with a maxed Vitality, the BASE health stat is 125 and the BONUS stat is 550. The bonus from Purity at this level would be about 137,5. 

• Syndicate tier 5: The stat buff applies to the TOTAL stat of a Warframe. An Oberon that is Flawless with New Loka would receive 168.75 bonus max health for the duration of the buff.

As a player, this feel like a reasonable buff that makes mods from my own syndicate much more desirable, and this without buffing the AOE that is sparkled periodically (which I find borderline OP already). It goes without saying that we can also consider increasing the value of the buff. In the Oberon examples I used, the Purity buff remained at 25% throughout the  progression, but it could also be buffed as the player level. Similarly, the 'restoring' effect of each could also follow this power curve. As we are aware, the Blight/Entropy used to do that, and was ultimately nerfed but I could see it's return being limited to tier 5 players of either Syndicate. 

A further suggestion I can muster is to make the duration of the buff scale off the syndicate level as well, which I find to be somewhat less interesting but falls in line with the recent buff/nerf of Warframe augments like Ember's Fireball Frenzy. 

Thanks for reading.  

I can already see it if this gets implemented

Le patch notes:

-Syndicate weapons now gain a buff according to the players rank in the Syndicate it belongs to.

1 week later:

Oh noez! People are complaining about how their OP Gammacor got nerfed to the ground and now they rage on the forums!

Another week later:

Nerfed all Syndicate weapons like hek to accommodate to the buff gained for ranking up.

<w<

Just being realistic here

I can already see it if this gets implemented

Le patch notes:

-Syndicate weapons now gain a buff according to the players rank in the Syndicate it belongs to.

1 week later:

Oh noez! People are complaining about how their OP Gammacor got nerfed to the ground and now they rage on the forums!

Another week later:

Nerfed all Syndicate weapons like hek to accommodate to the buff gained for ranking up.

<w<

Just being realistic here

I'm afraid I don't see how this chain of event might happen. The Gammacor nerf already happened and this would basically be a re-buff for it (if you are in the right Syndicate). 

I'm afraid I don't see how this chain of event might happen. The Gammacor nerf already happened and this would basically be a re-buff for it (if you are in the right Syndicate). 

See that part? If you are in the right Syndicate

So everyone else is pretty much boned owo and those players will probably complain about it again

I'm not saying I don't like your idea owo it's just what I think might happen with buffs and nerfs nowadays.

See that part? If you are in the right Syndicate

So everyone else is pretty much boned owo and those players will probably complain about it again

I'm not saying I don't like your idea owo it's just what I think might happen with buffs and nerfs nowadays.

Well technically nothing changes for people outside of Suda, so the statu quo remains for them. If they complain, I have to say it would be at best an irrelevant whine because they are envious of a buff that other players got for sticking to a syndicate. Said people are probably disregarding the similar buffs their syndicate received.  

Strongest weapon in the game doesn't need buffs, sorry, no support

Do you mean Gammacor?

If its damage is an issue, the damage should be nerfed, plain and simple. I'd rather have one weapon nerf/buffed and the rest buffed along than just nope everything because one weapon is strong. 

Do you mean Gammacor?

If its damage is an issue, the damage should be nerfed, plain and simple. I'd rather have one weapon nerf/buffed and the rest buffed along than just nope everything because one weapon is strong. 

I was setting up for a rakta ballistica joke, but the gammacor as well.  They already nerfed the energy gains from those two weapons.  Buffing it back up when they don't want them in the game makes no sense.  Plus the guys who get the stamina max would get nothing out of your change.

The community rages at nearly everything DE does anyways.

I like the idea, but slightly dislike it at the same time....the oppurtunist in me is not happy

Ok?

I was setting up for a rakta ballistica joke, but the gammacor as well.  They already nerfed the energy gains from those two weapons.  Buffing it back up when they don't want them in the game makes no sense.  Plus the guys who get the stamina max would get nothing out of your change.

If I am not mistaken, they nerfed the energy regen which gave usable energy. My suggestion would affect the boost to the capacity which affect the amount of energy you can hold. Disregarding the fact that DE can change their mind anyway AND that this is a conditional buff, I still do not see this as a relevant argument to shoot down the concept.

The uselessness of the Truth proc is irrelevant here. It just means the buff needs to change to affect something more useful than stamina, not that my change is problematic.