The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How Do You Vets Stay Interested?

BrotherIcarus

Regular breaks help a lot. Don't be afraid to try a few other F2P titles for flavor or some other release. There is really no reason why you should devote 100% of your gaming time to one game.

I have been playing this game since late 2012. I can honestly say that I have not been this invested in a game before or since, both artistically, personally or as part of a gaming community.

Even then, I need to step back once in a while and remind myself that there is always other games to play. Warframe is going strong. It will be waiting for me when I am hungry for it again.

I started playing the week Open Beta started up (i.e. Update 7 with the new mod system).  How I don't get bored:

- I don't grind. That sucks the fun out of the game. Doing the same thing over and over and over is just dumb.

- I mix it up. I stop playing with one frame/loadout and move to another. I try to go for some non-optimal and weird builds to see if I can make them work or at least have fun with them. I once did one with MagLev (i.e. the super fast sliding mod) and a melee that had powerful sliding attacks. Not very viable, but very fun.

- I play the syndicate missions. I see these as "daily quests". They are usually a nice mix of mission types with most people also wanting to explore to find the doodads scattered throughout the map.

- Building up syndicate reputation I can grab new augment mods to, you guessed it, shake things up a bit. I like my healing Limbo.

- Even after all this time, I'm still missing a couple of prime frames and a couple of prime weapons. Again, I don't grind (or trade really).

- And of course, when there's a new content update or even, I'll pop in and do some of those.

Lastly, and I hate myself for saying this since DE has some of the best community focus devs I've seen, is I have other games I switch between. I run Diablo 3 Season characters, Elite Dangerous pilots/ships/community goals, and usually some single player game I'm working on.