Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How Do You Vets Stay Interested?

BrotherIcarus

So how do you guys stay interested in warframe? 

and to clarify I mean between updates, I know a lot of people just come back at every major update play a bit and leave. I am asking what you guys who have already done everything but still play the game regularly.

Personally I currently play around with builds and just see if they can work in all types of situations, I spend as much time theory crafting the build as I do testing the build. 

I only recently started forma'ing most of my gear that I always told myself id get around to. Its not working so well as im bouncing between multiple weapons one forma at a time. Im all out of forma too, and I really dont wanna burn my plat reserves on rushing forma.

I have been playing virtually daily since the closed beta began over 2yrs ago. Honestly my pals keep the game interesting. Coming up with joint tactics and team cohesion is a good meta game. But playing and laughing with friends goes a long way, as it does in most games.

For a while I was on a parkour kick, where I had to master the movement set so I can could go where I wanted when I wanted. Now I hardly take a few steps without dodging rolling, backflipping and such to make myself harder to hit.

Right now i have a goal to reach 15mil creds (at 8mil now, down from 10mil) and stack a boatload of prime pieces so I can sell them for Ducats, which is the only currency the Void Trader accepts.

I only recently started forma'ing most of my gear that I always told myself id get around to. Its not working so well as im bouncing between multiple weapons one forma at a time. Im all out of forma too, and I really dont wanna burn my plat reserves on rushing forma.

^^ This. Giving certain weapons the 3x or 4x Forma treatment is very rewarding. Synoid Gammacor with 3x Forma is an amazing thing.

And playing around with loadout configurations and unearthing secret or lesser-known functions of the game and mods.

Edited by RawGritz

I have been playing virtually daily since the closed beta began over 2yrs ago. Honestly my pals keep the game interesting. Coming up with joint tactics and team cohesion is a good meta game. But playing and laughing with friends goes a long way, as it does in most games.

For a while I was on a parkour kick, where I had to master the movement set so I can could go where I wanted when I wanted. Now I hardly take a few steps without dodging rolling, backflipping and such to make myself harder to hit.

Right now i have a goal to reach 15mil creds (at 8mil now, down from 10mil) and stack a boatload of prime pieces so I can sell them for Ducats, which is the only currency the Void Trader accepts.

Wow...since closed beta? Thats intense. I wish I had a computer back in CB. I was invited but couldnt play lol. Got my lato vandal to this day.

Hey, BrotherIcarus,

Im currently at mastery rank 19 and up until very recently was still playing the game regularly.

A couple things that kept me interested were 

doing what you said about playing around with build, except i spend less time theory crafting personally.

I also try to push any given frame/weapon to its extreme which includes formaming pretty much everything because i have so much extra resources laying around. I also manage a clan and an alliance so that gives me something to do as well

besides that i depend on my imagination alot, i use warframe as a creative outlet so i really like to come up with thematic builds and when i settle on a build i will push the whole build together as a unit to its extream so I spend alot of time doing that but that may only personally appeal to some players.

Sometimes ill make up challenges for myself like one time i did something pretty funny where i did a boss rush with my paris prime seeing how few hits each boss took and i also try to get as many death marks in a row as i could from the stalker.  I ended up having the more than the default view of the inbox screen just full of threats from stalker lol

When arching came out i did all of the following for that as well, but i personally enjoy archwing and i know that not everyone does

something im currently doing is taking my interest in themaic build and making build that are based off of the three factions im with (the left most three)

thats pretty fun.  The syndacate mods make previously lack luster weapons a little more viable and the builds themselves get pretty OP when you get em all forma'd and what not

things like that i suppose work pretty well for me.

I try to use builds that I'd never use and see what they are capable of.

Rep farm and try to get some plat selling syndicate stuff.

Farm ducats and forma, after formaing nearly 100 weps with 2-6 forma they are a wanted resource for me.

I wouldn't call myself a vet but I'd say a goal always helps. I decided to apply a forma to every frame and re level them now I know how the game works. Another thing I'm doing passively is obtaining all the syndicate stuff, still need about 8 mods from the 3 have maxed and then plan on maxing the other 3

Awesome suggestions so far guys, I've been getting into the speed running side of warframe recently a lot, and learning the frames still, some frames I just never understood like Valkyr and with the constant changes some frames I need to completely relearn before I can be comfortable with them again.

Oh, I also started playing AW again. I cant handle the grind of getting onorix blades and centaur blades tho. its awful.

@(*()$ preach man. I have been trying to get the archwing Rail gun (can't remember the name) I have ran over 40 runs and I still need the receiver. 

The only thing that keeps me playing is WFs potential in the future. Additionally I never want to miss out on new events or Baro releases. Quite frankly the regular day to day gameplay does not interest me in the least due to glaring faults I find in many things that have been brought to the devs attention many times and they have seen fit to continue in their stance of inaction regarding said matters. Additionally many occurrences that the dev's themselves have stated are a problem continue to exist and therefore I feel a growing sense of mistrust for every decision the devs make.

Well  i stopped playing a few times, but what keeps me in are my friends and Clan.
Without them i would still play but not like i do. After all it's talking to them while doing missions or even just hanging out doing nothing but talking, helping out some noobs, discussing stupid things using the Alliance Chat, that makes the game so more enjoyable. Like a lot of games, friends make a big difference when playing.

The only thing that keeps me playing is WFs potential in the future. Additionally I never want to miss out on new events or Baro releases. Quite frankly the regular day to day gameplay does not interest me in the least due to glaring faults I find in many things that have been brought to the devs attention many times and they have seen fit to continue in their stance of inaction regarding said matters. Additionally many occurrences that the dev's themselves have stated are a problem continue to exist and therefore I feel a growing sense of mistrust for every decision the devs make.

Why do you even play the day to day warframe then? 

Only do the daily syndicate missions.

I have a ghost clan with friends that don't play Warframe anymore, the only reason that don't let

me quit the clan, is because a friend of mine made the clan emblem, and I feel that it could be

very ungraceful to wipe her work

Edited by ErickJatobA

what keeps me around lately is the void trader. keeps me grinding out void missions for fodder to pay for his grossly expensive items.

that and finishing the mod collection nightmare that was made by the introduction of the syndicates.

(read: i'm a completionist in a game that refuses to stand still long enough for me to "complete" it for more than a week or two)