The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Primed Mods Should Get The Duplicate Fusion Bonus From Their Base Version.

Kinperor

Hello,

Like many other players out there, I am very aware of just how much of a task maxing mods with 10 ranks is, a task that is made all the more daunting with every primed mods that are being added to the game.

To make matter worse, rare five fusion cores have become much rarer and more desirable than ever.

Many suggestions have been made on the matter, from making the aforemention fusion cores more widespread to adding even bigger fusions cores to the game. Other threads have even suggested that the 10-ranks mods grow more powerful with every level to make it worth the current hasle that is the action of maxing them.

With this in mind, I make this thread to highlight something I believe to be a gross oversight that would lighten our burden ever so slightly in our ongoing struggle. If you aren't aware already, we cannot equip both a Primed Mod and its base counterpart on the weapon, meaning that they are functionally being treated as duplicate mods. That isn't the issue however, as this is clearly done for equipment balance.

The oversight I want to highlight is that the fusion process doesn't treat them as duplicates. The reason this matter at all, is that duplicates gives double the fusion points of a mod with the same polarity and rarity level.

Does that change the world? No. But with 160 spare Reach mods in my inventory, you can bet that I would save at least a few fusion cores in the process of leveling Primed Reach. The same stands for the other Primed Mods.

Hence why I suggest that we change the interaction of Primed/base mods to the same interaction between duplicates of a same mod for fusion. Again, the game already aknowledge them as being duplicates when it comes to equipping these mods on the same weapon. It seems like common sense to me that we get the pros (bonus fusion rating) of mod duplicates alongside the cons (unable to equip two copy at the same time).

Bullet point summary:

• Leveling Primed mods is hard.
  • Primed and base mods are treated as dupplicate for equipment.
  • Primed and base mods are NOT treated as duplicate for fusing.
  • Primed and base mods should be treated as duplicates in both instance.
  • This change will NOT make R10 mods super-accessible, but it will make the operation a bit less painful. Credits will still be an issue, an issue that isn't addressed by this thread.
Thanks for reading. Edited by Kinperor

+Append damaged vs non-damaged mods, they should also have the same relationship.

I'm wondering, more for the case of damaged mods, if having the fusion points already invested carry over would make sense, e.g. fusing a rank3 damaged Serration into a normal Serration immediately puts it to rank3, and a rank4 mod into a Primed version of the same mod immediately puts it up to the fusion equivalent, so rank 2-3 (I am unsure of the exact values).

• 4 weeks later...

Thats what Forma is for. Warframes and Melee weapons also have Auras/Stances.

I'm in a situation where I applied few formas in order to get build I wanted, and now I see potential for different build (different playstyle); in order to do so I would need to change polarities that i already created; or craft new item (warframe, weapon) and than add potato and few different polarities.

It would be practical if we could deactivate polarities, that would make some builds much more flexible.

I'm in a situation where I applied few formas in order to get build I wanted, and now I see potential for different build (different playstyle); in order to do so I would need to change polarities that i already created; or craft new item (warframe, weapon) and than add potato and few different polarities.

It would be practical if we could deactivate polarities, that would make some builds much more flexible.

Then I wonder what build you are trying to create if you are using that many R10 mods. Most of them are Prime or Corrupted.

How about we just add the current rank of the normal mod to the Primed version?  Solves basically all the problems. Let's say I have  a maxed Flow and a Primed Flow,  I can just put it into the Primed Flow and voila, rank 5 Primed Flow! Would it really be that had to implement or that bad to do?

You can switch around polarities whenever you apply a forma. So, even if you have four formas into it and you want to change all four polarities, you would only need one more forma to swap them around however you want (at which point you'd have five polarities). You get one polarity for each forma that's been applied and you need a forma to get into the polarity menu, but once you're in there you can swap them around however you want.

You can switch around polarities whenever you apply a forma. So, even if you have four formas into it and you want to change all four polarities, you would only need one more forma to swap them around however you want (at which point you'd have five polarities). You get one polarity for each forma that's been applied and you need a forma to get into the polarity menu, but once you're in there you can swap them around however you want.

You don't even need to apply forma (except once) to switch polarities around.