Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Power Throw Ricochet Suicide Bug?

TricksterNot

So I finally got my Loki Prime and what better weapon to level him with than my Glave Prime with the Astral Twilight stance. it was all fine and dandy until i suddenly died and i didn't know why. None of my fingers were even close to the channel botton, so I couldn't have detonated it mid flight. I noticed it kept happening in in enclosed spaces where the Glave Prime bounced a lot and and mostly when i was standing still. in other words, I my own weapon kills me when it ricochets off something. Upon further testing it happens only while I have Power Throw equiped on it

Is this supposed to happen? And does this happen to anyone else?

This is very much intended, that is why Quick Return and Power Throw work so well together. It's basically a free (limited) range grenade. From my personal experience it's a truly high-risk, high-reward skillshot. Lob it into a group of people charging at you and watch the first get cut in half while the rest blow up for some apparent reason.

It's also (partly) what made Gleaming Talon expensive (Aside from abysmal drop rate from a super rare enemy). Since I'm fairly certain you need a stance mod to allow it to do this as well. 

Catching a ricochet PowerThrow-Glaive before the last bounce will expend all of the leftover rebounds and detonate the Glaive. Unless DE are psychotic, it is probably a not intended effect.

I have never seen this, nor do I even see how its possible. As far as I know the only want to get glaive to return sooner than the set amount of bounces is to activate channeling to manually detonate. 

Unless you mean, somehow running up to it and "catching it" by being in the middle of its projected path. I've never done this. 

But the mod description says, "+0.6 PUNCH THROUGH"; not that it would explode at last bounce.

Also there was no explosion visual effects when I tested this.

I even did a premature detonation to compare

Yeah, mods descriptions say a lot of things, but sometime also have hidden affect, or are applied differently.