Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Doubt De Will Ever Fix Hosting

Sibernetika

they have said plenty a time the guy with the best overall pc and internet connection will win the dice roll on who hosts.... so why does my Dual core PC and 3G internet from south africa keep winning the host award? on pups I can only join groups already in game or they will all lag to hell when I join mid matchmaking, and I feel sorry for the poor bastards when we get a host migration, since I always win that as well... and when it comes to playing with friends I have to wait for them to invite me after they have loaded in or same problem

Edited by Sibernetika

that would mean south africa has a better internet infustracture than the people in EU

no, it means that all 3 idiots that join you don't  foward their ports on their routers and have Strict NATs. or all 3 idiots only pay for 1MBps download speeds.

Edited by VioDuskar

btw, connection across continents are laggy due to the fact that a signal has to pass through multiple different infrastructures. the weakest link is the limiter. 

I know that and since there is no south africa region I'm forced to connect to the EU region, and still win host

well screwy so to stop being captain of the lag I have to go enable strict NAT again, and get annoyed by that damned msg every time I log in

umm... sort of...not really... but it might help to identify what kind of lag you're experiencing first. (NAT type doesnt work that way)

honestly if you're the host you shouldn't have any network lag, but the clients should have TONS (assuming bad compatibility.)

if your picture is stuttering or freezes up for a second it could be framerate lag, to diagnose this enable framerate to be displayed in the game options.

EDIT: i just reread OP. dude, if they're lagging, why do you care? it sounds mean, but screw'em.

Edited by VioDuskar

umm... sort of...not really... but it might help to identify what kind of lag you're experiencing first. (NAT type doesnt work that way)

honestly if you're the host you shouldn't have any network lag, but the clients should have TONS (assuming bad compatibility.)

if your picture is stuttering or freezes up for a second it could be framerate lag, to diagnose this enable framerate to be displayed in the game options.

EDIT: i just reread OP. dude, if they're lagging, why do you care? it sounds mean, but screw'em.

because in all and all, I'm actually a nice person, mods and people that have come on my wrong side will state otherwise tho

You know. Don't have call all us idiots and stuff. As I well know how to upgrade internet speed yet I don't have a big income.

because in all and all, I'm actually a nice person, mods and people that have come on my wrong side will state otherwise tho

well, the only thing i can suggest is that you attempt to inform them of why it's happen and what they can do to fix it.

there isnt anything wrong with being nice, and I think that's the best way to do it.

You know. Don't have call all us idiots and stuff. As I well know how to upgrade internet speed yet I don't have a big income.

i'm not insulting you personally, or any one who doesn't know how or can't foward their ports. "idiots" is just a placeholder term for any chuklenut who might be stuck on the recieving end of OP's lagwave.