Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Do We Need Screen Shaking?

Abelardus

Hello,

Straight to the point:

I understand that someone is using a big sword/axe and we need to feel the might when he's attacking.

But is it required for MY screen to shake every time he uses that sword near me?

Please, it's getting really annoying for MY screen to shake every time HE is using that sword...again and again and again.

I'm playing Excalibur, i like to melee a lot. And when i enter the game with another melee and with a big sword/axe, i just start to stand in the back and use my rifle.

It's really annoying. :(

TL;DR: Why is my screen shaking when someone else is using a big sword/axe?

I would like an option to disable this "feature", please. If it's possible.'

Thank You,

Abelardus

While I agree that it can be annoying at times, I personally feel that it should remain. It makes me feel like I'm actually there, experiencing the ground shaking strength of these Warframes crushing and decimating their enemies. So that's why I agree with their choice to make other's screens shake when teammates are slamming the ground and such.

However, this does not mean I am opposed to having the option of turning it off, for those who feel that it makes the game harder or whatever.

However, this does not mean I am opposed to having the option of turning it off, for those who feel that it makes the game harder or whatever.

My issue is that it doesnt make the game harder it just gives me a headache while I am trying to play the game.  Plus it is done to too extreme of levels where I am on a platform a few rooms away from them and I can still tell that they are swinging their weapons..meaning that a jump slam apparently causes an entire huge spacecraft to shake about.

I think the shake should still be there (purely for immersion), but it should be adjusted to be relative to the source.

Currently, IIRC, even if the heavy weapon user swing their weaps far away from you, you'll still get the shake the same as when he swing it right next to you...

I think the shake should still be there (purely for immersion), but it should be adjusted to be relative to the source.

Currently, IIRC, even if the heavy weapon user swing their weaps far away from you, you'll still get the shake the same as when he swing it right next to you...

That's part of the problem.  But even if that was the case I would still like to be able to turn it off as it doesn't cause immersion for me, just a headache. Some of my friends cant play if someone has a heavy weapon because they get something akin to motion sickness from all of the screen shake.  A simple toggle option would solve everyone's issues: you can have it if you want it but if you dont want it/cant handle it you can turn it off.

That's part of the problem.  But even if that was the case I would still like to be able to turn it off as it doesn't cause immersion for me, just a headache. Some of my friends cant play if someone has a heavy weapon because they get something akin to motion sickness from all of the screen shake.  A simple toggle option would solve everyone's issues: you can have it if you want it but if you dont want it/cant handle it you can turn it off.

Yep. I remember that there are a lot of people complaining about it, and let's hope that in the update 8 there's an option for that. Even if it doesn't, at least they should make it toned down and/or be relative to the source. And remove the aim scramble too.

Immersion is what you make of it.  I can't stand my camera making spaztic movements in any game, 3rd or first person.  It's the most annyoing thing ever concieved of.  If you want to disorient the player to reflect the character getting disoriented, then fade to black or something.

Oh, and if you disorient YOURSELF by swinging a big hammer, then you should put the thing down and use a smaller weapon before you hurt yourself (...pansy).

Immersion is what you make of it.  I can't stand my camera making spaztic movements in any game, 3rd or first person.  It's the most annyoing thing ever concieved of.  If you want to disorient the player to reflect the character getting disoriented, then fade to black or something.

Oh, and if you disorient YOURSELF by swinging a big hammer, then you should put the thing down and use a smaller weapon before you hurt yourself (...pansy).

Easy, buddy...

Even immersion have its limit, and that's why I said that it have to be adjusted. Whether like Tsukinoki said, an option to completely turn it off, or the toning down the screen shake to an acceptable level.

And the good news is, Rebecca said that in the update 8, this issue will be addressed. Hopefully, they will get these screen shake handled with a result that acceptabel to all of us.

From an artistic and immersion-based point of view, I can kind of understand why they included screen shaking when other players used heavy melee weapons.  It's meant to immerse the player into the game, make them feel like they're there, watching and feeling these Warframes completely make mincemeat of their foes, either literally or figuratively.

From a gameplay perspective, however, I can understand why it would be annoying.  It often obscures view or throws off aim.  I am a Paris user, and I cannot tell you how many times I've wasted an arrow because somebody was using a hammer or a large axe and the screen shook and threw off my aim.

I think that they should keep the screen shaking.  However, I feel that, unless the player is the one using the heavy melee weapon, the screen shaking should be toned down a bit.

Hello,

Straight to the point:

Thank You,

Abelardus

So you have trouble killing the enemies they are slaughtering for themselves to get the highest kill score at the end of the game to feel like they are better than you therefore they feel like they won the game and you lost even if this is a game which is designed to promote teamwork.

No it is not just 8 year olds who play this way but people who are considered adults by age.

just shake the screen in isolation

ie having the entire screen shake is ok

having the game take control of my mouse and moving my point of aim is not ok

see how Neverwinter does screen shake, it give the game's abilities impact and looks/feels nice, not cumbersome (just an example)

Hello,

Straight to the point:

I understand that someone is using a big sword/axe and we need to feel the might when he's attacking.

But is it required for MY screen to shake every time he uses that sword near me?

Please, it's getting really annoying for MY screen to shake every time HE is using that sword...again and again and again.

I'm playing Excalibur, i like to melee a lot. And when i enter the game with another melee and with a big sword/axe, i just start to stand in the back and use my rifle.

It's really annoying. :(

I would like an option to disable this "feature", please. If it's possible.'

Thank You,

Abelardus

Agreed, the screen should NOT shake from another persons actions I vote for this to be removed as well if me and just one other person are using gram/scindo right next to each other Its so bad i almost cant even see whats going on ,its like going over 1000 speed bumps in a Semi at 80 mph.

Edited by ImortalTJones