Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Quick Question About Frost Prime's Availability.

PhantomRen

I don't think you know the meaning of being gimped is. Let me explain it to you:

You are gimped because you have an objectively worse weapon.

You are gimped because you won't be able to get as many mastery ranks.

You are gimped because you won't be able to get the highest mastery rank weapons when they get released.

You are gimped whether you want or believe it or not.

You don't get to choose, the choice has been made for you. And if you keep lying to yourself and being complacent then all the choices will be made for you. This is the gaming industry; alas, this is life.

You dont need the Vandal to get through anything.

You dont need the extra mastery rank to reach any level.

You dont need any of that.

And if you get the BPs for the helm, chasis, systems and dont have the BP for the frame then sell them.

If you dont need the credits then leave them in your foundry so you can look at them.

Slayblaze, on 06 May 2013 - 5:02 PM, said:snapback.png

Also I don't recall anyone ever saying the Frost Prime blueprint would be exclusive. What if it's not exclusive? What if it's just a teaser to build up more anticipation of U8 and pre-U8 content. The people who took part in the extermination event got a free blueprint +100k. The 100k we can spend now, but we'll have to wait to build the blueprint just like everyone else. Even for the players who have the blueprint sitting in their inventory, it can't be used yet but its still nice to have been given it early before everyone else can get it.

I think people are expecting the Frost Prime blueprint to be exclusive because Excalibur Prime IS exclusive but I highly doubt it. Remember, Excal Prime is an entire frame and Frost Prime at this point is only a blueprint.

In a hot thread during the event DE Steve referred to Event Exclusive gear.  Being the only piece of gear we've seen so far...

I'm still not so sure there isn't a loophole here - unless we consider a blueprint "gear"..?

If it was the fully built Frost Prime frame itself then I would fully agree, however it's only the Blueprint we got. Totally different beasts.

IMO, it should have been just a skin for the regular frost, thats it

gotta be honest here, i hoped till the very last minute that it was just a helm, a skin, or even a boss or a new stalker-like NPC, because i could foresee an actual warframe would have brought a lot of flame all around the place... a disturbance in the force if you will ;)

yes, i do am grateful for the gift, but i am also afraid they didnt really thought that through, unless (as for those wondering how to obtain it later as mentioned by a moderator about it being initially intended to be platinum only) it will become the new prime on the founder pack, so that the excal prime would not be obtainable anymore, a real limited edition prime, so that the next prime to be released will take the place of frost and so on

my 2 cents at least

now bring me the scythe, solo and the wookie

I agree with almost everything now, just want to add something regarding that "envy". If you work hard enough you will get that Ferrari, right? Constructive, intelligent envy. But I don't think it applies in this case because, unless DE actually changes something, you won't be able to get the Vandals you missed no matter how hard you work. I think this is wrong, you should be able to get it with enough effort. You should be able to get everything if you work hard enough, if it actually changes the game. What do you think?

And yes, the forums or being part of a good clan helps a lot with this.

Now I get you.  Well, that's two-fold.  If they opened up the Braton Vandal to folks after closed beta, then it won't be an exclusive anymore.  If DE does that...  Well..  Let's just say that their word won't be any good anymore.  I want one too bro.

I'm just saying (and probably it's not healthy to my real life problems) it's probably a good idea to participate more in the game if someone fancies getting exclusives.  Who's to say that it's wrong for us to get exclusive warframes and gear for being here today vs. people joining 3 years from now.

There are allot of one day sales, etc in real life and this is no different.  The person who's shopping that day will get it.

and yes...  Though if i work hard enough i could buy a Ferrari, but depending on how long it takes I may not be able to get the same model Ferrari, because there were only a certain amount produced, etc.

For me, I'm happy I jumped in on the founder's program while it was still here to get the cheaper platinum and Lato Prime (it's a great pistol.) I have a vanilla excalibur so it's not a big deal.  The sword looks nice.  But yeah, after founders is over, I wouldn't be happy if those items were offered again.  I don't mind them offering something else though.

Edited by sushidubya

Slayblaze, on 06 May 2013 - 5:02 PM, said:snapback.png

I'm still not so sure there isn't a loophole here - unless we consider a blueprint "gear"..?

If it was the fully built Frost Prime frame itself then I would fully agree, however it's only the Blueprint we got. Totally different beasts.

Only if you squint at it while tilting your head.

Why not just change the components needed to put the Frost Prime BP into the foundry to 1 Frost Helmet/1 Frost Systems and 1 Frost Chassis.

The main BP determines how the component parts are put together.

Why not just change the components needed to put the Frost Prime BP into the foundry to 1 Frost Helmet/1 Frost Systems and 1 Frost Chassis.

The main BP determines how the component parts are put together.

I proposed that this morning and was met with more negativity than I expected.

Now I get you.  Well, that's two-fold.  If they opened up the Braton Vandal to folks after closed beta, then it won't be an exclusive anymore.  If DE does that...  Well..  Let's just say that their word won't be any good anymore.  I want one too bro.

I'm just saying (and probably it's not healthy to my real life problems) it's probably a good idea to participate more in the game if someone fancies getting exclusives.  Who's to say that it's wrong for us to get exclusive warframes and gear for being here today vs. people joining 3 years from now.

There are allot of one day sales, etc in real life and this is no different.  The person who's shopping that day will get it.

and yes...  Though if i work hard enough i could buy a Ferrari, but depending on how long it takes I may not be able to get the same model Ferrari, because there were only a certain amount produced, etc.

For me, I'm happy I jumped in on the founder's program while it was still here to get the cheaper platinum and Lato Prime (it's a great pistol.) I have a vanilla excalibur so it's not a big deal.  The sword looks nice.  But yeah, after founders is over, I wouldn't be happy if those items were offered again.  I don't mind them offering something else though.

Quick correction: Braton Vandal was from the first Open Beta weekend, Lato Vandal was the Closed Beta one but I understand your point.

Well, it might not be exclusive if it were opened up but exclusivity only has the value we give it. And they never promised they'd be unique forever, they even said that they might look into the whole vandal thing. So you might get lucky.

I'm not saying it's wrong for us, it's unfair to them. I wouldn't like being in their position.

Agreed, but you can always buy 2nd hand from someone who bought it for enough money, it'd just be harder. I think. Unless the cars get wrecked forever but then no one will have them, ha.

And this I agree with and, as you've read, I didn't mention anything about the Primes from the founder program. People payed real money for these uniques, they weren't just in the right place at the right time like many who got the Vandals and the Frost Prime BP.

RAVVSlathotep, life isn't fair. There are people in the right place at the right time in the real world too. There are also people in the wrong place at the wrong time and have their lives ruined. That isn't fair either but it's life. I fail to see why there should be anything done to make exclusive items non-exclusive just because some of the people were not in the right place at the right time.

RAVVSlathotep, life isn't fair. There are people in the right place at the right time in the real world too. There are also people in the wrong place at the wrong time and have their lives ruined. That isn't fair either but it's life. I fail to see why there should be anything done to make exclusive items non-exclusive just because some of the people were not in the right place at the right time.

So you'd rather be complacent and not do anything about that? And just accept everything without trying to change anything? I know you're trying to be polite but your post disgusts me.

Since when did it become acceptable to simply ignore what's wrong in the world, whether it's here or IRL?

Life is unfair because we made it unfair, with bad ideas, bad executions, "good" intentions and then complacency. Because of egocentric people who got lucky and envious, complacent people who did nothing. You have to agree at least a bit that doing nothing leads nowhere. But I digress.

Edited by RAVVSlathotep

So you'd rather be complacent and not do anything about that? And just accept everything without trying to change anything? I know you're trying to be polite but your post disgusts me.

Since when did it become acceptable to simply ignore what's wrong in the world, whether it's here or IRL?

Life is unfair because we made it unfair, with bad ideas, bad executions, "good" intentions and then complacency. Because of egocentric people who got lucky and envious, complacent people who did nothing. You have to agree at least a bit that doing nothing leads nowhere. But I digress.

Nvm, you aren't worth arguing/debating with.

Edited by Avenwing

I am sorry to prove you wrong, but life is not fair since the day you were born.

Your body proves that each day.

But you are right, one should not stop try and change it :)

Nevermind this is a game, and games should be fair ( Would be useless if it is not )

But one thing seems strangly off.

There is a mentality of being inferior or superior going around.

I can not understand why.

It is like you telling me i need that something realy bad, but i am telling you i do not need it O.o

So i wonder if you just tells me i need that so that i feel inferior to you so you can feel superior to me.

And vice versa.

Strange....

The exclusivity issue is present in all games. An interesting solution I would like to see DE try is have a event once a year where players have a chance to obtain one or some of the old exclusive items.

Of course, this would make certain items less "special", but it would give current and new players a chance to get something they missed. The event could be a week long, or as short as a weekend. So basically 7 or 2 days out of a year, an item or two comes out of the vault and players get a chance to nab them. No one will feel left out no matter when they joined!

Seriously, being known as the F2P game where everyone gets a chance to earn an "exclusive" item every year doesn't sound bad at all.

Exclusive items are in nearly every MMO I've played. Wanna know what happens if you happen to miss it?

"Oh too bad, better luck next time."

They've even extended the event by an ENTIRE day so people could get it. It was a way to test a feature, and we as beta testers, stress tested the event and got a gift for doing so.

For the people who've only killed one and got it anyway? DE knows about it. We have given them the proper feedback, and we'll see what happens next.

Too bad for your friends. Better luck next time.

Edited by Shaftronics

Exclusive items are in nearly every MMO I've played. Wanna know what happens if you happen to miss it?

"Oh too bad, better luck next time."

They've even extended the event by an ENTIRE day so people could get it. It was a way to test a feature, and we as beta testers, stress tested the event and got a gift for doing so.

For the people who've only killed one and got it anyway? DE knows about it. We have given them the proper feedback, and we'll see what happens next.

Too bad for your friends. Better luck next time.

You sound so on the edge.

It is like you telling me i need that something realy bad, but i am telling you i do not need it O.o

So i wonder if you just tells me i need that so that i feel inferior to you so you can feel superior to me.

there might be something thats more important then the game and thats ok but when the game istn important enough why is the reward so important?

Those two right there are my favorite quotes in this topic.

Well I hope the BR is a special reward for those who took part. And remains as such. Period. We had 2 days to take part if we wanted to. I picked up my normally very leisurely pace and headed to Europa (which I didn't even have open, I was still on Neptune) just for this.

If it becomes easy to get later, or there is another chance, then it sets a bad precedent. Why bother taking part in another event when you can just pick up the reward whenever afterwards? Events need to feel epic and special, and keeping the reward unique helps that.

You clearly forgot the people who just happened to not have time in the weekend because of: Work, Holiday, Exams, Illness etc etc etc

S#&$ happens, sucks to be them, there will be another.

Yeh but honestly, who announces a small weekend event a couple days prior ? IMO it should have been a week event given how rushed it was. Felt like a middle finger to players like me who have invested money to help this game succeed. I had work this weekend and the event sprang up so fast I never had a chance. I read someone suggest account sharing, most games that is against the terms of agreement. I don't think that is something to encourage. Also, everyone is assuming we want primes for the stats. I simply like the model. I think the regular frost is ugly. I would play the prime version though. I tend to pick my characters on aesthetics. There is a lot of petty elitism over people wanting it. 

These events were meant to give the community something. Not inflate your epeens. I'm not asking the devs hand us out another chance. However, I'm asking next time they handle it better. Announcing an exclusive event a couple days prior is pretty indecent. At least give us a weeks notice or make the event last longer if its so sudden. 

I am not gimped just because i do not have a Vandal.

I am not gimped just because i do not have a Prime Excalibur.

And i will not be gimped just because i do not use / own a Prime Frost.

And i do not like people telling me i am gimped for no reason.

You may not be or feel that way, especially if you don't even like/play Frost.

Players who do play Frost and see other players with an essentially flat upgrade to their favourite frame that they will never be able to acquire simply because they did not complete some trivial task on a random weekend might feel differently.

You may not be or feel that way, especially if you don't even like/play Frost.

Players who do play Frost and see other players with an essentially flat upgrade to their favourite frame that they will never be able to acquire simply because they did not complete some trivial task on a random weekend might feel differently.

^This

If the Frost Prime was an exclusive cooler looking frame, then I'd be just fine with noone ever ever ever being able to get it, if they weren't around for the event.

It'd be a cool "badge of honour" kind of thing. "I was there for the Moa Weekend".

If it's that, PLUS, just flat-out better than a normal Frost (and it was alluded in the stream that it might get even MORE flat-out better in the future, as apparently they are considering giving Prime frames unique Prime-Only abilities/buffs on the Orikin map sets) then I do have an issue.

I think it's fine people get something unique for doing whatever. I don't think it's cool if people are just flat-out put at a gameplay advantage for a one-time event thing. Double so one that lasted for such a short time. Triply so for one that was announced at such short notice.

Reading this topic, I really wonder if people have played in any sort of online game where there are exclusive items tied to a limited time event.  If you miss a event, life goes on, and you move on.  Events like these are held to retain interest in the game in the fear of possibly missing them and also to feel superiority over people who have either missed it or joined after the event.  While there definitely could have been more notice about the event, you should keep in mind that this is (from my knowledge) the first time they made this sort of event and not having a Warframe that has slightly altered stats + extra polarity isn't the end of the world.  From my experience, I found that these exclusive events are really "powerful" in a sense that it kept me from playing Maplestory every time I went back for extended periods of time.  There will be more and better events in the future.