Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kronen Desperately Needs Range Buff

RadioLarity

I guess noone really uses this weapon anymore, but I used it recently since Shocking Touch got buff and I actually reminded myself I have slash mod pack. I thought "Why not give it a go?".
Well, it was pretty moderate, I'd say it's something better than normal weapons like Dual Ether or Dual Kamas (btw pls Dual Kamas Prime) but weaker than endgame melees like Galatine or Cronus Prime (yes Dakra Prime, look into game files). The only thing that it needs is not dmg/dps buff, no I don't want another super duper endgame weapon, I want it to get range buff since with it's super long blades it just has seriously a dagger range. I can seriously no difference between my Fang Prime and Kronen. Either give it a blade range from the handle point, or give it something like about 70% of Orthos Range to make this some, I guess, soul. It doesn't stand out in anything from other weapons, it is a new weapon class, but it really doesn't bring anything new. So at least give it a little bit of utility with the range. I guess that everyone will disagree and hate as everyone does, but let's be honest. Make it at least blade range, not dagger range because I have to disable melee auto targeting every time to make this weapon work (and not only this one, because melee targeting is broken).

PS: Yes I know that we have Reach and Primed Reach ( I have primed Reach it's at 105% atm) but it's not enough, it doesn't give enough difference to take it over the damage mods. And I don't even have any room for Reach anyways because I have to boost damage and add Life Strike since I use Mesa with as much a Health and Armor as possible since Shields don't have any scale up to the late game in Warframe
My Kronen build, maybe you have better idea:

YdXPjvX.jpg

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Primed_Reach

It is enough, I'm playing with it. It also benefits the Spin Attack, which is its strongest attack.

The range is fine, they tested it when the weapon got released, I remember at least 1 thread regarding it.

Nothing new anyway, this problem happens with every weapon (Primary and Secondary too).

I'd say, given it's a Status weapon with medium to high damage, try getting a secondary elemental combo, maybe Blast, instead than trying to push the damage over.

PS:
The real problem is melee attacks don't make you advance enough when you're trying to hit an escaping target.

Edited by Burnthesteak87

Imo the lack of range is compensated for it being hitting really hard, a trait shared by most short-ranged melees. My radiation+viral+channeling build Kronen hits like a truck when you use that "throw tonfas" combo.

But by all means, feel free to dislike if you disagree with me, just wanting to share my opinion on this.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Primed_Reach

It is enough, I'm playing with it. It also benefits the Spin Attack, which is its strongest attack.

The range is fine, they tested it when the weapon got released, I remember at least 1 thread regarding it.

Nothing new anyway, this problem happens with every weapon (Primary and Secondary too).

I'd say, given it's a Status weapon with medium to high damage, try getting a secondary elemental combo, maybe Blast, instead than trying to push the damage over.

I said that I want to bring it up to the top tier. I want range buff. I don't want to exchange my damage mods for range. What do I need range for if I can't kill my enemy in the first place. Read first.

Are you using the stance?

There's something seriously wrong with the hitboxes on normal attacks, or at least it seems like there is. I've noticed that the blades will occasionally make contact with an enemy but no damage will be dealt. Putting the stance on seems to fix this, but it's still something worth looking into.

Well, the weapon does need a downside doesn't it?

I guess noone really uses this weapon anymore, but I used it recently since Shocking Touch got buff and I actually reminded myself I have slash mod pack. I thought "Why not give it a go?".
Well, it was pretty moderate, I'd say it's something better than normal weapons like Dual Ether or Dual Kamas (btw pls Dual Kamas Prime) but weaker than endgame melees like Galatine or Cronus Prime

I had to stop right there, I just had to. That comparison.

Edited by Blackout751

I said that I want to bring it up to the top tier. I want range buff. I don't want to exchange my damage mods for range. What do I need range for if I can't kill my enemy in the first place. Read first.

I read it, I wanted to share the only alternatives.

You're trying to push a weapon to the top tier DAMAGE when the weapon is meant to be a STATUS weapon. Ok.

Edited by Burnthesteak87

Tonfa's do not historically have range (half again the length of the arm)

A couple of the attacks in Gemini Cross add a bit of range, but that's about all.

If you are wanting the Kronen to have lots of range, you are actually asking for a different weapon.

Tonfa's are hybrid punching weapons with high defensive capabilities and the ability to double as a club.

The Kronen does a good job emulating that (but with slashing)...

The only thing I could have wanted in the Kronen was more Puncture.

I only hope Mios gets released as close to the weapon's intent and wish Silva&Aegis had been.

I disagree. The range is made up for in damage.

Yeah... high DPS on Earth I guess...

Are you using the stance?

There's something seriously wrong with the hitboxes on normal attacks, or at least it seems like there is. I've noticed that the blades will occasionally make contact with an enemy but no damage will be dealt. Putting the stance on seems to fix this, but it's still something worth looking into.

You could read till' the end and look into the spoiler.

Well, the weapon does need a downside doesn't it?

I had to stop right there, I just had to. That comparison.

The downside is it's DPS.
"That comparison" What's wrong with it? Maybe say it. Damned idiot shading everything he wants to say, you need attention? You wait until I ask you to tell me it? How old are you? 2 years old act like that.

[...]

You're trying to push a weapon to the top tier DAMAGE when the weapon is meant to be aSTATUS weapon. Ok.

[...]

...trying to push the damage... yeah you read it... I'm done with you... you... in plural form.

Tonfa's do not historically have range (half again the length of the arm)

A couple of the attacks in Gemini Cross add a bit of range, but that's about all.

If you are wanting the Kronen to have lots of range, you are actually asking for a different weapon.

Tonfa's are hybrid punching weapons with high defensive capabilities and the ability to double as a club.

The Kronen does a good job emulating that (but with slashing)...

The only thing I could have wanted in the Kronen was more Puncture.

I only hope Mios gets released as close to the weapon's intent and wish Silva&Aegis had been.

Still feels like I'm not slashing people with blades but punching them. As I said, at least make the range the blade lenght from the handle point.

Besides from what I know tonfas are supposed to have handles you know... something like in L position to be able to spin them, while the handles of Kronen are straight on the same level as the blade. More like I guess some sort of gauntlet blades not tonfas. I might be wrong, correct me if so, maybe there are different tonfas, but we still have spin combos with Kronen which doesn't stick to the whole anyway.

Still feels like I'm not slashing people with blades but punching them. As I said, at least make the range the blade lenght from the handle point.

Besides from what I know tonfas are supposed to have handles you know... something like in L position to be able to spin them, while the handles of Kronen are straight on the same level as the blade. More like I guess some sort of gauntlet blades not tonfas. I might be wrong, correct me if so, maybe there are different tonfas, but we still have spin combos with Kronen which doesn't stick to the whole anyway.

You are supposed to feel like you are punching them.

That's the Tonfa's primary attack (and why I say it needs more puncture damage).

In game terms, Kronen users are actually getting the length of that back blade in all of the attacks either directly in front, oblique, or behind the player and at a brisk speed. But not at all times.

It's a weapon that doesn't have long range in any one direction but offers attacks from all directions and has 2 attacks that either charge the enemy or throw them forward as well.

The downside is that you won't get concentrated length in any one direction.

I would love it if weapons that are supposed to have strong block and parry values actually had them though.

Future stances might give those different attack styles though and get you the additional length that way... You'd probably lose the 360 degree attacks though.