The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is Buzlok A Viable Primary?

(XBOX)KRYSTALIZR

Question

I just wanted to know the opinion of the community. I haven't been playing for long, and recently joined a clan with all the research unlocked, and found this gem in the Chem Lab. I've been researching it on the wiki and it seems to be a specific encounter type weapon, only for Heavy Gunners or your generic tank type enemy. Only reason I say that is I feel like I wouldn't use it unless I'm using the tracking, and I wouldn't use the tracking unless I'm fighting a boss or an enemy that'll last for more than two seconds. Ordinarily after this point I'd dismiss it, but I like the idea of an auto tracking gun that can fire from behind cover for my Trinity, because, you know, tanking damage head on sucks sometimes.

Anyway, this probably has been discussed before, and in all the time I've watched videos of people playing Warframe, I've never seen anyone using Buzlok in a setup other than to review it. Pros and Cons would be excellent!

22 answers to this question

The problems the Buzlok have come down to not being able to scope and fire without using a tracer which is 10 rounds out of your mag and inefficiency with ammo. If tracers took 2 bullets instead of 10 and if you could scope without firing a tracer, I'm sure you could make something out of it using some Forma.

I found that it suffered from too many drawbacks. It doesn't have great ammo economy, the recoil is high, it can't zoom, and it has bullet travel time. If it only had 1 of those issues, then I would probably be using it. It sounds and feels amazing. Very cool weapon.

The recoil is negligible with proper modding, the zoom isn't needed as the bullets literally go to the target is even if you aren't aiming at him. 

The recoil is negligible with proper modding

Having recoil reduction and ammo mutation on a gun lowers the damage too much compared to other weapons like the base Soma.

the zoom isn't needed as the bullets literally go to the target is even if you aren't aiming at him.

I rather have killed the target with the tracer round than have to wasted 10 ammo simply marking him.

It's simply not my cup of tea.

Having recoil reduction and ammo mutation on a gun lowers the damage too much compared to other weapons like the base Soma.

Wait, since when did recoil reduction affect the damage?

I rather have killed the target with the tracer round than have to wasted 10 ammo simply marking him.

I actually don't use the homing tracer, because the speed I got on it as well as the damage makes most enemies fall down dead quite quickly.

I have a 6 forma buzlok. i love this weapon.

i WILL NOT take it into serious combat. it's frost's goof-off weapon for earth excavation.

it's fun, useful for taking out packs of mobs with careful tracer placement. (don't bother tagging an enemy, tag a point of landscape and use the trajectory to murder large packs)

it's one of those "oh that's neat" weapons that really doesn't scale well.

as mentioned above, there are a multitude of options that could improve this weapons functionality. (splitting alt-fire (tracer) and scope aim would be enough for me) -- and there are a ton of weapons that would benefit from that beyond the buzlok.

edit:

yeah, punch-through is a must on this weapon to actually make it effective.

Edited by xethier

Viable? Yes.

Good idea? Well...

Its damage potential is decent enough, but it has a lot of problems. Its recoil is ridiculous. It has travel time. It has a long reload time with only average clip size. It has no inherent Punch Through but needs it badly. You can mod all these problems out, but then you'll do no damage. Also, you'll need to get into the habit of scoping in, then releasing RMB before firing.

IMO this build is the best compromise between doing damage and actually being able to use the damn thing. Stabilizer is a big damage loss, but without it you'll need to use the tracer round to be able to hit the broadside of a Grineer Galleon.

Viable? Yes.

Good idea? Well...

Its damage potential is decent enough, but it has a lot of problems. Its recoil is ridiculous. It has travel time. It has a long reload time with only average clip size. It has no inherent Punch Through but needs it badly. You can mod all these problems out, but then you'll do no damage. Also, you'll need to get into the habit of scoping in, then releasing RMB before firing.

IMO this build is the best compromise between doing damage and actually being able to use the damn thing. Stabilizer is a big damage loss, but without it you'll need to use the tracer round to be able to hit the broadside of a Grineer Galleon.

This build is good but rather than utilizing Stabilizer try this. Metal Auger. Yes it requires an extra forma but rather than using this gun as a long range weapon use it more as a hit and run kind of thing. I use this to kill high priority targets by dashing to a point I can guarantee my tracer hits then while moving away spray the target. With all the punch through from shred and MA you will certainly be able to kill ANYTHING easily. This gun is unfortunately punch through reliant and more of said stat is never a mistake. Try it both ways and see what you prefer. The rest of his build is spot on with my build other than that one mod. Does fine in t4 up to 75 minutes(provided the comp of team is appropriate for said mission). Ammo will always be a concern on this weapon however so sometimes I will simply forgo one elemental mod for Rifle ammo mutation in order to ensure infinite ammo. Don't use this gun on trash mobs though unless you have no choice.

Honestly, not a great weapon. The mechanic is awkward, imo. But if you like it, it's worth it just for the fun of using it.

On the other hand, the Buzlock is the best sounding LMG in the game. Seriously. I go back and use this weapon even tho I don't love it from time to time just cause it sounds awesome :)

I use it only because the sound it makes. For longer term choice it seems to lack damage for my playstyle.

Honestly, not a great weapon. The mechanic is awkward, imo. But if you like it, it's worth it just for the fun of using it.

On the other hand, the Buzlock is the best sounding LMG in the game. Seriously. I go back and use this weapon even tho I don't love it from time to time just cause it sounds awesome :)

Seriously, this gun will give your ears an orgasm. It holds up surprisingly well in my opinion, though it really shines with a Resonance Banshee. In regards to not being able to zoom: you kinda can, if you do a sort of quick-scope thing by zooming out right before you start shooting. Bit of an odd reflex, but it becomes more natural with practice. Throw a Point Strike and Vital Sense on there for added giggles, as it'll crit every 4 bullets (hypothetically). The ammo consumption can be dealt with, as one would assume, with mutators. The only problem it has right now is that its projectile trail is borked as hell right now, and that sort of thing is especially crucial on a gun like this.

PS. while we're talking about hidden gems, fun-wise, give the Tetra an investment. It takes several forma, and it'll never quite reach god-tier, but, between its handling, its general lack of recoil, and its sweet-&#! reload animation, it's a really fun mid-tier workhorse assault rifle.