Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Struggling With What To Keep. Tonbo, Tipedo Or Orthos Prime?

OverlordMcGeek

Question

Well after a year I finally made the orthos prime since nobody was finally saying master race this, master race that for it. And then I see the stats for the Tonbo...

And been working on the Tipedo since I never ranked the bo or kunai anyway...

Stupid decisions, my brain doesn't want to work so I'll leave it up to you. That added crit chance or stupid damage with status....

Yes, me lazy.

Edit:

I know I can get slots easy(I max out a rank 10 mod so I can sell it about once a fortnight) but just in the end which one?

Edited by OverlordMcGeek

This crit build > http://cloud-2.steamusercontent.com/ugc/536267337453460991/0AC2F092775545D7718F5B9BED1C26994B3854AD/

You need to use the Left + Right click combo on clashing forest for it to work. Crits like a mutha.

idk if it's worth it. I already do 1k-1.3k on level 30 corrupted gunners without a tater or forma on the tonbo. rather than wait for the tipedo to crit the tonbo is already doing tipedo max damage while not needing as many mods.

idk if it's worth it. I already do 1k-1.3k on level 30 corrupted gunners without a tater or forma on the tonbo. rather than wait for the tipedo to crit the tonbo is already doing tipedo max damage while not needing as many mods.

When you use that combo with a crit build on Tipedo it crits instantly cos of the many hits in a short time. It is absolutely worth it and takes the DPS higher than the Tonbo quite easily when Berserker is working which is always. Berserker even stacks till 75 % making it extremely high dmg and I frequently do 15 to 20 k crits in successions with my Tipedo.

I like the Tonbo for damage and status damage takes priority for me which is why I use the Tonbo over the other two, crit build is well just that, good luck on your chances, and finally Reach though you might fly farther does it matter? When you should be shooting them?

When you use that combo with a crit build on Tipedo it crits instantly cos of the many hits in a short time. It is absolutely worth it and takes the DPS higher than the Tonbo quite easily when Berserker is working which is always. Berserker even stacks till 75 % making it extremely high dmg and I frequently do 15 to 20 k crits in successions with my Tipedo.

Excellent point. I will have to tater and forma both of them to draw a true conclusion on my own then. Maybe by the end of it I will like both and not sell both.

One thing is for sure, orthos prime has been turned into mastery fodder.

All three of the weapons have their advantages and disadvantages. It really does depend on what you're looking for in a weapon.

Tipedo's directional melee will let you reach the upper levels of the Void tileset without having to use the stairs/waterfall elevators. That and a decent copter makes it a better melee than any other option. Lol :)

Tipedo doesn't last very long when you go into higher waves. Even with that speed. 

Just NOooooooooooooooo!!!!

Okay I have a Cat and two Forma on my Tipedo however I can go into a 40 minute T3 Survival using just melee and come out scoring more than everyone else put together. 

2015-03-24_00001.jpg

I also use Reach/Primed Reach instead of dual Elements

Edited by Sabreracer