Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Struggling With What To Keep. Tonbo, Tipedo Or Orthos Prime?

OverlordMcGeek

Question

Well after a year I finally made the orthos prime since nobody was finally saying master race this, master race that for it. And then I see the stats for the Tonbo...

And been working on the Tipedo since I never ranked the bo or kunai anyway...

Stupid decisions, my brain doesn't want to work so I'll leave it up to you. That added crit chance or stupid damage with status....

Yes, me lazy.

Edit:

I know I can get slots easy(I max out a rank 10 mod so I can sell it about once a fortnight) but just in the end which one?

Edited by OverlordMcGeek

While the Tipedo can reach ludicrous speed and will do a lot of damage over time on average, the random nature of crits, the speed and its reach (particularly on the standard clashing forest combo) work against it for the purposes of a channeling build.

Tonbo on the other hand with its more controlled speed and reach, reliable damage and high status makes it pretty good for a channeling build.

The Orthos Prime of course that that extreme range, which makes it great for stealth/blind frames.

All three of the weapons have their advantages and disadvantages. It really does depend on what you're looking for in a weapon.

I prefer the Orthos and Tipedo over the tonbo. Tonbo is just a little too generic for me. Orthos has insane reach and Tipedo has insane speed but the Tonbo is kinda meh for me. Nothing too unique about it other than it's the coolest looking one.

If I had to pick one out of the 3 I would choose Tipedo. I have the most fun with it out of the 3 and the damage is pretty good too.

Edited by nickelshark

Tipedo, has great crit chance, good damage, good status and amazing attack speed and ok range.

Tonbo, Good Damage, ok attack speed, good range, good AOE knockdown.

Orthos Prime, OP range, average damage, fast attack speed, good AOE knock down.

IMO Orthos Prime isn't really good one really high level because the status,crit chance and damage. Yes it owns infested at low-mid level.

Tonbo has the most damage. This really shouldn't be over looked. Sure tipedo might be faster, or orthos prime have longer reach, but the tonbo has more damage.

Damage obviously is important in this game =P

Tipedo doesn't last very long when you go into higher waves. Even with that speed. 

Throwing berserker and fury on a Tonbo makes It fast enough anyways!

Edited by Biotikz