Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ash Needs Some Love?

Shockness

Bladestorm-

1) Ash disappears, camera zooms out, ash appears near/behind ALL enemies in the target area in quick succession (smoke/afterimages linger for a second) -quickly- slashing at all of them, effect/attacks spread out from the center. AoE centered on Ash, rather than on an enemy.  

2) Ash disappears, camera zooms out, very large shuriken(s?) are thrown at all enemies in the target area from numerous clouds of smoke.

3) Ash disappears and reappears behind all enemies in the target area, simultaneously hitting all of them.

Bladestorm is the one attack not broken. Yes it's a little glitchy, but it's much more functional than Ash's other skills.

And what about doing Ash's blade storm a bit more interesting? In order to get rid of that awkward, long, buggy and boring animation, Ash could make something like copies of him, killing those 13 enemies in the radius. In no time. In animation, you would see only your assassination of the enemy you originally targeted, and you would be able to move your camera to see whats going around ( to see your coppies killing the rest of the 13).

And what about doing Ash's blade storm a bit more interesting? In order to get rid of that awkward, long, buggy and boring animation, Ash could make something like copies of him, killing those 13 enemies in the radius. In no time. In animation, you would see only your assassination of the enemy you originally targeted, and you would be able to move your camera to see whats going around ( to see your coppies killing the rest of the 13).

That's a good idea if it could be made to work right. I'd still keep the remote targeting and the number of kills. I would not change to a AoE attack (circle area like other aoe's) but keep it as a random metered attack the way it is. The only guaranteed target being the first one with the others randomized.

my opinions:
I am still fine with all of his abilities expect for smoke screen. Every single time I use smoke screen, I always get knocked down. I mean it... nearly every single time especially dealing with the heavy unit. After I got knocked down, whats left for me is like 3 seconds of invisible time. Hope it get some make over or something. Oh... I certainly would welcome changes for all of his skills. ;)

Hello fellow Tenno,

In my opinion Ash can use some love, with that i mean focourse a buff.

Some will disagree some will agree but let me explain why i think Ash needs a buff.

I think it's smart to go with all the ability and say what i think could be done better.

Shuriken: In my opinion Shuriken has nothing wrong, full upgraded can hit for a 1000 headshot.

Smoke Screen: Ash is viewed as the ultimate stealth ninja, but the smoke screen has a smaller amount of time in invisibility than Loki wich i find quiet strange. If Ash is the ultimate ninja atleast increase the duration of Smoke Screen, and also, The hitbox is putting me on my nerves sometimes, when I activate Smoke Screen and let's say an ancient is infront me, while im invisible i still get knocked down or disturded, in my opinion this shouldn't be there, the poison from toxic though is legit and I personally don't mind getting poisened while beging invisible but able to still get hit is not really stealth right?

Teleport: As many many many people say teleport is indeed useless, why? It teleports you infront of the enemy and gives you a slight delay to start attacking while the enemy u have teleported to can easily attack you while doing this.

What i think would be nice is once u have teleported u appear on their back and they don't know of anything. Also while you aren't detected yet ( this might be asked too much ) you immidiatly do a stealth attack.

Blade Storn: Blade Storm overall is great, I like it, only thing that is kind of a bummer to me is that the killing is very slow, It would be nicer if the time gets speed up a little but so we don't do full seconds for one kill.

So this is what I think that could be done a little better for Ash, a lot of people will say Ash is already great, why would you wanna buff it? But Loki is pretty much more stealthier then Ash because hes invisibilty is in all terms better ( only little more energy use ).

Tell me what you think and how you might have wanted.

This was Shockness, Peace Out !

I got to test out my teleporting idea which is teleport to line of sight on one of my runs and it was a perfect idea of teleporting. the reason why is it gives you the feel of movement, plus there was a cool smoke effect to it. they should make the smoke effect bigger. but yea the sherieken isn't that impressive compared to frost ice wave. the reason why is because its just nothing to look at and it should have a penetrating motion to it and be the size of a glaive without the boomerang effect.

As someone pointed out to me, that long animation is actually useful in that you are totally invulnerable while it is ongoing and you also regen stam and shields.  I have to admit that I am not personally sold on those advantages outweighing instant, simultanous damage on all mobs in a given area like Volt, Mag, Banshee, Frost, etc but it is a unique mechanic/advantage.  Also you have the teleport effect which allows you to target mobs across a gap if need be. 

Anyway, I started using Bladestorm alot more and in all actuality, it isn't a bad skill overall.

Shirken and teleport need lots of help though.  Shirken needs to be either a line or cone effect AoE similar to Frost wave or Banshees 25 point skill and I wish they would just make teleport actually teleport you anywhere rather than require a target.  It would be nice to have it just be a short range movement skill I could use to clear gaps or reach platforms above or below me.

Edited by Belpharon

Shuriken is awful to try and play with.

Smoke screen is a very powerful if you use it correctly.

Teleport is [size=4]situational, not always needed but excellent in certain situations. Could do with a proximity proc of 5 yards so you don't have to be so accurate.[/size]

[size=4]Bladestorm is awful and only its damage makes us use it. You lose control of your char for far too long and it's way to random. They have said they will focus on this soon and change it.[/size]

[size=4]Paris also bugs Ash's movement speed to normal speed. [/size]

[size=4]Ash is still the most fun frame for me.[/size]

As someone pointed out to me, that long animation is actually useful in that you are totally invulnerable while it is ongoing and you also regen stam and shields.  I have to admit that I am not personally sold on those advantages outweighing instant, simultanous damage on all mobs in a given area like Volt, Mag, Banshee, Frost, etc but it is a unique mechanic/advantage.  Also you have the teleport effect which allows you to target mobs across a gap if need be. 

Anyway, I started using Bladestorm alot more and in all actuality, it isn't a bad skill overall.

Shirken and teleport need lots of help though.  Shirken needs to be either a line or cone effect AoE similar to Frost wave or Banshees 25 point skill and I wish they would just make teleport actually teleport you anywhere rather than require a target.  It would be nice to have it just be a short range movement skill I could use to clear gaps or reach platforms above or below me.

Being invulnerable for that time has saved my butt more times than I could remember to restore my shields. I did die once during bladestorm though. Probably had a bomb attached to me though.

Being invulnerable for that time has saved my butt more times than I could remember to restore my shields. I did die once during bladestorm though. Probably had a bomb attached to me though.

It used to be that you weren't invulnerable during blade storm and could die.  Was hillarious to die as you cast it then watch your dead body teleporting around behind people and watching them suddenly die, even if it makes it harder for your team to revive you.

Bladestorm-

1) Ash disappears, camera zooms out, ash appears near/behind ALL enemies in the target area in quick succession (smoke/afterimages linger for a second) -quickly- slashing at all of them, effect/attacks spread out from the center. AoE centered on Ash, rather than on an enemy.  

2) Ash disappears, camera zooms out, very large shuriken(s?) are thrown at all enemies in the target area from numerous clouds of smoke.

3) Ash disappears and reappears behind all enemies in the target area, simultaneously hitting all of them.

#3 sounds really cool.

would be nicer if ash turns all dark when he starts stabbing , like the Stalker skin

I've discovered that Blade Storm is also particularly useful against Corpus when you're swarmed by lots of Ospreys (particularly the Mine and Leech ones that can now tank a lot of damage post 7.10), Ash will automatically teleport to them and smash 'em to bits even if they're floating in the air.

It used to be that you weren't invulnerable during blade storm and could die.  Was hillarious to die as you cast it then watch your dead body teleporting around behind people and watching them suddenly die, even if it makes it harder for your team to revive you.

Yep, that's what happened. I was like "What the..... oh well. They dead too."

My suggestions:

Shuriken: pierces through enemies as long as it doesn't hit a surface. I still like the skill cap for aiming properly with it. But it's just my opinion in that matter...

And why was the damage nerfed btw? 500 at max rank was fine...(it's now 350)

Smoke screen: being able to see myself, maybe give it the Ghost fx? 

Teleport: get rid of the backflip, make it teleport behind the enemy and stagger him. And instant cast too, like Molt: being able to start a charge attack while teleporting , but I guess there would be issues with the engine here T.T.

A lower energy cost would be nice too. Why not 10, like Super Jump? Considering it's also a pure mobility skill, it's not asking for too much is it?

Bladestorm: much much faster animation. Whatever Stanzwick proposes would be great.

Edited by Thelonious

My suggestions:

Shuriken: pierces through enemies as long as it doesn't hit a surface. I still like the skill cap for aiming properly with it. But it's just my opinion in that matter...

And why was the damage nerfed btw? 500 at max rank was fine...(it's now 350)

Smoke screen: being able to see myself, maybe give it the Ghost fx? 

Teleport: get rid of the backflip, make it teleport behind the enemy and stagger him. And instant cast too, like Molt: being able to start a charge attack while teleporting , but I guess there would be issues with the engine here T.T.

A lower energy cost would be nice too. Why not 10, like Super Jump? Considering it's also a pure mobility skill, it's not asking for too much is it?

Bladestorm: much much faster animation. Whatever Stanzwick proposes would be great.

Yeah Being able to see urself on smoke screen is a must, but a duration buff is a must too imo :/ Btw, just found out ur on rank 7 in the top 10, Good job :)

just got the ash late last night.. sadly to say I think all of his skills are junk except bladestorm an like above its meh. shuriken needs to throw multiple stars cause i can hardly hit anything with it. smoke screen needs its duration increased and teleport is just bad. it needs to teleport behind the target and quickly backstab.. or at least knock them on the ground..

I think sheriken should have a cone aoe with primary damage on a target but then again that would make it to powerful but compared to frost ability it isnt that bad. I say reduce the energy cost to 15 on all first ability but then again I'm asking more from Warframes then they can deliver lol.

Basically a Shuriken storm?

The way I see it the BIGGEST thing I want to see change in Ash is his teleport. With the coming of the throwing knives and shurikens, I'll wait and see what Ash's new 1 ability is. Smoke screen handles well enough, maybe a slight duration buff, but to be fair it already has a stun, and then bladestorm...could be faster, but it's fine.

But Teleport is tactically useless, and I think there are three ways to solve it, which maybe combined as seen fit.
1) classic teleport behind him undetected. Important that during combat when the enemy knows where you are the guy should not turn around an smack you; he should still be unaware of you until you make your presence known with a hammer. If coding that is hard, then do that and pair it with...(segway to (2))

2) make Ash invulnerable during the backflip animation where he appears (or remove it) but at least add quarter of a second of invincibility so you don't get bashed in the face.

3) stun the enemy/enemies around you. Not viable for stealth, as it will probably tip enemy off. least favorite idea.

2) make Ash invulnerable during the backflip animation where he appears (or remove it) but at least add quarter of a second of invincibility so you don't get bashed in the face.

i think after teleport you gain a short stun invicibility period, you can shrug off grineer bashes, even heavy grineer's stun bombs thing

i think you still take the damage though, so better get that sword ready

also i want to see shuriken get a rework, its very weak for a 25 energy skill

Edited by Babalenong

Besides the skill rework, I'd really like a (slight) polarity slot change for Ash. One of the two V's should definately be changed to something else, anything else. There are only two mods that fall in to that category, and the other one (continuity) is not really as useful for Ash as it should be, especially considering the relevance of the polarity slots on warframes.

The other option would be to increase the amount of mods in the V -category.  Both options would allow every Ash player to better configure their builds to suit their personal playstyle, for all I see now it's being limited quite a bit :/

If you're going to replace one of the polarities, use a "bar" slot.

That would match mods such as:

1. Reach, for teleporting further or shooting Shurikens farther

2. Enemy-Sense, very useful for stealth

3. Flow

4. Streamline
5. Thief's wit

If you're going to replace one of the polarities, use a "bar" slot.

That would match mods such as:

1. Reach, for teleporting further or shooting Shurikens farther

2. Enemy-Sense, very useful for stealth

3. Flow

4. Streamline

5. Thief's wit

And rush is a must for ash, full leveled rush takes 11 mod slots.

And JUST NOW i noticed they have nerfed the Smoke screen from 8 seconds duration to 6 and "just" 50% more damage while cloaked... i really never understood DEVs decisions in any game i ever played, it was probably the lesser "broke" skill of Ash and now is broke too ._.

i think after teleport you gain a short stun invicibility period, you can shrug off grineer bashes, even heavy grineer's stun bombs thing

i think you still take the damage though, so better get that sword ready

also i want to see shuriken get a rework, its very weak for a 25 energy skill

Nope.  If you teleport you do a flip for about 1/2 second and get bashed in the fast and get hurt.  That's why I never equip the ability as it is useless because if I use it to teleport to an enemy I get hurt, and having a 1/2 second animation where I cant do anything means that even if I am trying to teleport away from enemies I have to wait 1/2 second before I can try to get into cover.

And shuriken really is a weak skill for 25 energy.  Especially since the glaive does it better and for free.