Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rakta Ballistica Is Awesome Now

Holeypaladin

I was really surprised by this buff, I legitimately wasn't expecting something so substantial. I'm not one to calculate max DPS and all that, but this thing finally feels on par with the majority of the other Syndicate weapons. Between the high base damage, the versatility of it's fire modes, the small amount of skill it takes to get the hang of using it, and the Viral AoE it finally feels powerful without being over the top or unworthy of it's power.

And they even threw in an extra bullet for the Sicarus Prime and brought the Aklatos up to par with the single Lato, the Devs dun good :)

Powercreep everything!

As long as it doesn't become the new "top tier", I'm not too concerned. The Rakta looks to be about on par with our Bows-- similar damage per shot and faster fire rate, but no punchthrough or quadruple-damage headshots.

Looking at the stats, it seems like a proper endgame weapon that doesn't completely outshine everything else that shares a similar niche (*glares at Synoid*).

Does non of you find it insane that DE just casually in an update throws the damage output to THREE FFING TIMES as much as it was before?

How on earth does that even work?

Why was it the previous levels then ever?

Who thought that was a good idea?

Honestly, this is not fine tuning, this is insane.

Im not saying its not balanced now or whatever, I just find it a huuuuge jump for one update.

Three times zero is still zero.

When a weapon is ridiculously underpowered, it takes a good three times multiplier to its damage to put it on the right level.  200 charge damage on a weapon that will always crit for 4.4 times damage (paris prime) is still a bit better than 300 damage on a weapon that will never reliably crit (rakta ballistica), but the rakta is close enough to compete, and the burst fire is better than an uncharged paris shot.

It's a good syndicate assassination weapon now, fitting the red veil faction.  The only thing I'd like to fix is for the blight proc kills (and other syndicate proc kills) to count as stealth kills when you're undetected by the enemy.  It bothers me when they break my stealth kill streaks.

Edited by Holeypaladin

After gotten to use it after the buff, it really is a nice sidearm now, and IT IS F#^& FUN WEAPON TO USE (not sorry for caps :D).

As the standard ballistica isn't really a good weapon, but now we have some kind of nice sidearm bow style weapon, thanks DE, thanks!