Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Ash Augment (Rising Storm) Not Working

Rompido

according to the wiki.

Each successful consecutive melee hit against enemies with a Melee weapon equipped within a short period of time will start a Combo Counter that appears above the weapon UI, which tracks how many hits have been performed. Once a certain number of consecutive hits have been made, a Damage Multiplier will be given to the Melee weapon, increasing the weapon's overall damage. The Damage Multiplier increases as larger consecutive hit counts are achieved, allowing for greater damage against larger numbers of tougher enemies. The Combo Counter resets if no enemies are hit after 4 seconds.

so new augment adds 100% to the combo counter timer right? I'm no math whiz but that's 8 seconds right?

if that's correct. then the new mod is not working. here is video evidence.

EDIT 2/25/2015 10:09 pm EST time.

Ok so just incase it this bug is from client / host issues,I ran another mission. this time I hit "play now" so that I could ensure I would be the host. once again I was not able to get 8 seconds from this mod.

so I made another video. And to ensure 100% I'm host I ran it in SOLO mode. here is yet another video of my results.

Also. the Augment reads "bladestorm Augment - melee multiplier last 100% longer before reset" 

that is the description word for word found on the new Augment. it does not read:

"must start up the combo before using bladestrom"

or

"must hit something before your 4 seconds are up with melee to get 100% more duration from melee multiplier"

simply says "... melee multiplier last 100% longer......"    and being that its a bladestorm augment, its obviously implied this 100% longer lasting multiplier is granted from using bladestorm.

Edited by Rompido

Were you host?

I used it. It works as intended.

Maybe it's yet another Host vs Client issue with Blade Storm...again.

Out of curiosity, does the augment affect only BS's combo multiplier (so it only really matters when you cast BS multiple consecutive times on different groups of enemies), or does the extended timer also work when you hit an enemy with melee?

Because if it works with melee, then I am so getting this mod. xD

Edited by SortaRandom

Out of curiosity, does the augment affect only BS's combo multiplier (so it only really matters when you cast BS multiple consecutive times on different groups of enemies), or does the extended timer also work when you hit an enemy with melee?

Because if it works with melee, then I am so getting this mod. xD

It effects and resets with melee and bladestorm, after you use bladestorm.

Example. Bladestorm > use melee > combo counter refreshed by 8 seconds.

Not effected by duration mods. It seriously should.

It effects and resets with melee and bladestorm, after you use bladestorm.

Example. Bladestorm > use melee > combo counter refreshed by 8 seconds.

Not effected by duration mods. It seriously should.

Wait, so say I pop into a mission and whack a Grineer with my sword. Combo meter resets after 3 seconds ('cause I tested it and the Wiki's wrong XD).

Then I kill a small pod of enemies with Blade Storm, and let the combo disappear completely. For the rest of the mission, I don't use Blade Storm again, and my regular melee strikes have doubled combo-meter time.

Is that how it works, or am I missing something?

Wait, so say I pop into a mission and whack a Grineer with my sword. Combo meter resets after 3 seconds ('cause I tested it and the Wiki's wrong XD).

Then I kill a small pod of enemies with Blade Storm, and let the combo disappear completely. For the rest of the mission, I don't use Blade Storm again, and my regular melee strikes have doubled combo-meter time.

Is that how it works, or am I missing something?

You almost got it right, if you let the combo counter effected by blade storm drop, your back to your normal combo counter, and have to blade storm again for the enhanced counter.

You almost got it right, if you let the combo counter effected by blade storm drop, your back to your normal combo counter, and have to blade storm again for the enhanced counter.

Ohh, I see. Thanks for the info!

I'm not sure if I really want to use it anymore, haha. Activating Blade Storm every time my combo disappears just to get an extended timer for the next group or two of enemies seems a bit lackluster for an entire class-specific mod slot. I would've preferred a mod that gives a straight-up boost to combo multipliers in general. XD

GOOD Friday. morning everyone!

DE. I'm sure you are all getting ready for the weekend, I hope its a good one! But before you go could you at least let us know you are aware of this issue? or can someone show me a link that they are aware?

• 5 months later...

oddly enough duration/negative duration effects Rising Storm. In this case your running fleeting expertise and maxed TF, so your Rising storm counter time is effectively reduced to -90% of what the original 4 seconds should be. 

Ohh, I see. Thanks for the info!

I'm not sure if I really want to use it anymore, haha. Activating Blade Storm every time my combo disappears just to get an extended timer for the next group or two of enemies seems a bit lackluster for an entire class-specific mod slot. I would've preferred a mod that gives a straight-up boost to combo multipliers in general. XD

Well, bladestorm benefits from combo multipliers. Combining melee and the baldestorm use gives top results in later missions, especially on his kit.

Thing is, the additional 3-4s do S#&$. I still use it but rarely find myself even benefitting from rising storm.

It's placed WAY too low to do enough to justify the spot it takes.