Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Should There Be Corpus-Charger And Grineer-Runner Infested?

Morec0

It's a minor issue, but one I've thought about before. Why do all Grineer become chargers (and later Brood Mothers, if you ask me) and all Corpus become Runners (and later Boilers)? Is there any good reason? Shouldn't there be a bit more variation?

I think that there ought to be Corpus Charger and Grineer Runner variants, and not just as model swaps, but with their own unique take on the armor systems of the Infested.

For example: currently the Grineer Chargers and Corpus Runners have just Infested Flesh, but Corpus Chargers and Grineer runners could receive upgrades to Infested Flesh or even Sinew armor.

Possible names:

Corpus-Charger: Rusher

Grineer-Runner: Sprinter

I've posted this in general discussion because, despite the suggestion appearance of this post, I'm more interested in seeing if others would agree with my train of thought that suggesting a full-on addition to the Infested numbers. If I feel that this is something the rest of the playerbase might enjoy, I'll make a fan-concepts post of this with possible descriptions of what each could look like.

Edited by Morec0

Omg yes, I've been thinking that myself for such a long while. Particularly "We need more Grineer Infested", since most infested units are Corpus. I too have always wondered why no Grineers became runners, and no Corpus became Chargers.We do need more variation, and then when we have such variation, DE could even make it so Grineer maps have a higher chance of spawning Infested Grineers, and Corpus maps have a higher chance of spawning Infested Corpus.

It might be specific ways in which the infested cells interact and mutate the hosts cells. Grineer are vat grown and are a lot more muscular than corpus. It not like the two factions are copies of each other, there are a tonne of difference between the two physically.

Aye, that ran through my head as well. A fan description of the charger I once wrote was basically "due to cloning decay syndrome, the infestation has an easier time of twisting the bodies of the Grineer into more animal forms".

But, still, it has also stuck me that it may simply be the result of different strains of the Infestation affecting the infectees in different ways - possible supported by the differing types of Runners and Crawlers there are - in which case why there couldn't be the above suggested is baffling. Not to mention, greater model variation is ALWAYS good for a zombie horde - really sticks out the body horror of the disease.