The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Anti Afk Timer Kills The Only Viable Hydroid Build

---Merchant---

Glad you've brought it up. Maybe it's time to rework that ability so that the AFKers would stop abusing it, or even allow Hydroid gets to stay invincible that long.

yes and remove shield from rhino

or immortality from valkyr

or speed from volt

desecrate from nekro

You are why we can not have nice things.

d1234.jpg

Here is gameplay of this EPIC fun to play build 

I don't know you but going by that screenshot alone, if you find that 'EPIC fun to play build' I feel very sorry about you.

That said, I agree about the AFK timer. Way too many false positives.

Edited by Hyenasaurus

Doesn't his pool drain energy? Mastery'd him back when he came out i can't remember. They could make it so energy drain resets the Afk timer seems like an easy fix. I personally don't like Hydroid but don't hate on this guy's or anyone's playstyle if he has fun more power to him.

My build exist only to let u stay in pool 4ever but yes it drains energy but you never get less than 300 with this build in any common endless mission with half decent team

solo it is around 800seconds of endless ability [with energy restore u can spam it every 800seconds without energy orb hunt]

afk timer 120seconds minimum ability time 800seconds  see the problem?

Doesn't his pool drain energy? Mastery'd him back when he came out i can't remember. They could make it so energy drain resets the Afk timer seems like an easy fix. I personally don't like Hydroid but don't hate on this guy's or anyone's playstyle if he has fun more power to him.

I'd be against that.  Before the AFK timer I saw AFKers abusing the hell out of hydroid, I'd rather not see it return. 

lol, sorry the game doesn't let you sit in a puddle forever, afking, I think that's the point of it. You don't like it? then go actually doing something rather than sitting in undertow. Even resetting it will reset the timer, this thread is stupid.

I never lost point in interception or failed to deffend something with this build so why would I walk around just to make you and timer happy?

I'd be against that.  Before the AFK timer I saw AFKers abusing the hell out of hydroid, I'd rather not see it return. 

more information please

how can afker abuse any frame at all

you know you can just go afk at some safe place right?

I never lost point in interception or failed to deffend something with this build so why would I walk around just to make you and timer happy?

You see, that's a good thing and this is a 'very good' thread. We need more of this. Even the one like Hydroid is complaining. It does a lot better job, pointing out the issue, better than those asking for nerfing Hydroid's. Keep up the good work!! Edited by ndantony

more information please

how can afker abuse any frame at all

you know you can just go afk at some safe place right?

An example I experienced that comes to mind would be...

During an interception mission 2 hydroids just puddled at one tower each and did nothing, the towers will remained claimed because the enemy can capture it.  The AFKers then just clicks battle or extract after each round and then goes afk again. 

Its being abused because the player doesn't have to play.  When this happened I made a effort to see what would happen if I did nothing and just watched from a safe spot.  The people did nothing. 

Edited by ClockworkSpectre

Do you even realize what you're asking? 

"DE I can't not play the game without getting affected by the afk timer. I'm not playing but I shouldn't be considered afk. Change this please because i'm too lazy to double tap three to reset the skill or make any other contribution to the team or pick anything up. De halp me" It's so idiotic I'm not even laughing

During an interception mission a hydroid can just puddle at one tower and do nothing, the tower will remained claimed because the enemy can capture it.  The AFKer then just clicks battle or extract after each round and then goes afk again. 

I can do this with every frame at most interception maps

so how is it different again? if you do not believe me come  stephano with me i will gladly show you with mirage,frost,vauban...

"DE I can't not play the game without getting affected by the afk timer. I'm not playing but I shouldn't be considered afk. Change this please because i'm too lazy to double tap three to reset the skill or make any other contribution to the team or pick anything up. De halp me" It's so idiotic I'm not even laughing

but I do play this is my game style and It is good for team actually best Hydroid can do

should frost stop using bubbles because ''now ppl stay in bubble and it is sooooooo lazy style he ebtter build nuker for t4deff''

Let me try to try to come back down to earth wtih this so I can understand.

Are you telling me that sitting in Hydroids puddle for long periods of time....is optimal?

Can you record a video of you doing this in a T4DEF mission up to lets say.......40 waves please?

Edit:  You can use the same "group" in your screenshots...you won't do it anyway though lol

Edited by Ishki88

Hi I talk about Undertow no hp no shield build 

how it works->you use power strenght,power efficiency[75%] curative undertow[optional] primed flow and

energy syphon/corrosive projection

Now you place yourself into enemy way so they all get sucked up [in infested mission it is cryopod in deffense doors

in interception consoles/door

now you equip rakta ballistica or anything that gives energy  

I can stay in this form and perfectly deffend obiective for days or months but 2 minutes is enougt for afk timer to mark me ''afker''  if i stop using it i m vulnerable [1 shoted] so It is anti-build

and something like AFK timer should not put pressure of this kind on us

also many button spamers are affected by afk timer so they have to walk around for no reason just to do not get marked like afker

Do you think It is worthy trade off?Considering how underused hydroid is I would claim so.

1. buff hydroid to do not be some utiliti tentacle kawaii desu creep

2. fix afk timer

3. ignore problems and smoke [can not type what] every day [thug life]

Viable for what exactly? To sit there and do nothing?

The problem with that statement is that is not the only viable hydriod build. I run him as a melee focused frame and Ive been able to solo all T4 content (survival going 50 something minutes and wave 30 on defenses). Is that not viable?

There is a huge difference, you can actually step away from the game while using hydroid, you can't with anything else.  

There is a huge difference, you can actually step away from the game while using hydroid, you can't with anything else.  

eh actually that is what i want to show you, i will go afk on 10minutes and still have the point with any frame

It is not bug or smth just tactic

eh actually that is what i want to show you, i will go afk on 10minutes and still have the point with any frame

It is not bug or smth just tactic

Even if that is true, how is that Ok, you are asking to be allowed to afk.  This is the reason the afk timer was added to the game, so people couldn't do this.  And you are asking that it be removed so people can start doing it again?

but I do play this is my game style and It is good for team actually best Hydroid can do

should frost stop using bubbles because ''now ppl stay in bubble and it is sooooooo lazy style he ebtter build nuker for t4deff''

Difference is Frost does other things while inside his bubble.

You can seriously tab out and do something else with Hydroid, with no consequences. Your build legitimately allows you to AFK, and you're mad that you're getting flagged for AFK for... being AFK. All you have to do is just MOVE a little bit at least once every two minutes, and this is apparently too much for you.

But afk timer doesn't even exists in endless modes...

false [tested today]

You can seriously tab out and do something else with Hydroid, with no consequences. Your build legitimately allows you to AFK, and you're mad that you're getting flagged for AFK for... being AFK. All you have to do is just MOVE a little bit at least once every two minutes, and this is apparently too much for you.

he can do other things but from my experience they just afk with 1 minute bubbles [sometimes come back after 20 vawes where most teams end anyway]

Even if that is true, how is that Ok, you are asking to be allowed to afk.  This is the reason the afk timer was added to the game, so people couldn't do this.  And you are asking that it be removed so people can start doing it again?

I do not claim It is ok but I prove that this build is not root of the evil

Edited by MidoriFuse

false [tested today]  he can do other things but from my experience they just afk with 1 minute bubbles [sometimes come back after 20 vawes where most teams end anyway]  I do not claim It is ok but I prove that this build is not root of the evil

Well you are asking for a build APPEARING to be afk to be ok.

Thats how the afk system works. It goes off the APPEARANCE of afk.

Ppl who came to afk will afk with macro that click 2 buttons to do not appear afk 

so current system is punishing only players with proper build to support team

and real ''bad apples'' will be never punished

so do i ask 2 much to let me use my build for frame that is used by 0,0001% players?

I don't see a problem here. The Anti AFK timer kills the AFK build, what's the matter?

what do you generally do to kill time while playing this build --- go inthe kitchen and make a sandwich, catch up on e-mails, or make this thread?

Read title, read post, laughed.  That's the lazy way to play hyrdoid, so much so I don't understand why you'd even do it, it is boring as hell. 

The afk timer is clunky and doesn't do much, and often hurts rather than helps.  But that doesn't change that "playing" hydroid like that is pretty much not playing, so honestly the AFK timer going off while "playing" like that is justified since its hardly different than actually going afk. 

Glad you've brought it up. Maybe it's time to rework that ability so that the AFKers would stop abusing it, or even allow Hydroid gets to stay invincible that long.

lol, sorry the game doesn't let you sit in a puddle forever, afking, I think that's the point of it. You don't like it? then go actually doing something rather than sitting in undertow. Even resetting it will reset the timer, this thread is stupid.

During an interception mission 2 hydroids just puddled at one tower each and did nothing, the towers will remained claimed because the enemy can capture it.  The AFKers then just clicks battle or extract after each round and then goes afk again. 

Its being abused because the player doesn't have to play.  When this happened I made a effort to see what would happen if I did nothing and just watched from a safe spot.  The people did nothing. 

Just figured I'd touch on this but everything was already stated for me.

DE implemented this to stop macro farmers and AFK players exactly like you. The afk timer is a great addition and welcomed by anyone that actively plays rather than alt tabbing to watch a movie or go get a sammich. SMH at all the people that want to earn rewards by doing absolutely nothing. Go somewhere else please and stop clogging up the forums with inane issues.

Ah i see, i do remember seeing ppl just holding enemies in the puddle to troll in defense or also that one vid where the toxic aura ancient kills everyone cause the hydroid didn't let it out of the puddle but i just have a doubt that OP is that dumb lol maybe i'm just to lenient.