Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Don't Want To Host A Game. Ever.

Busok

Question

hello fellow tenno. i have a crappy internet, so everyone that joins my game are lagging. how can i avoid hosting everytime i queue on a mission? i don't want to sacrifice other player's gaming experience for my sake. is there a way for me to not be a host?

another question, i live in asia so i what server should i play on?

15 answers to this question

oh. alright. its just that, i play like this: click on a mission, then alt tab to surf. then when i hear the count down, i alt tab again. but sometimes i become the host. so... yeah.

Asia should use US West.

The Oceania zone is New Zealand and Australia - most of our traffic is routed through the US west coast via the southern cross cable. We are geographically close to Asia, but our network route is looooonnnngg.

Asia should use US West.

The Oceania zone is New Zealand and Australia - most of our traffic is routed through the US west coast via the southern cross cable. We are geographically close to Asia, but our network route is looooonnnngg.

alright. thanks for this, man.

hello fellow tenno. i have a crappy internet, so everyone that joins my game are lagging. how can i avoid hosting everytime i queue on a mission? i don't want to sacrifice other player's gaming experience for my sake. is there a way for me to not be a host?

another question, i live in asia so i what server should i play on?

You. I like you.

About 2/3 of the games I join, epic lag from host being too far or their internet being crap.

I can host very well near USWest, as my connection is fast with the most load alongside the game being a family member with throttled video streaming.

Still, I prefer joining a mission in progress.

Try looking for missions with a squad count (little person icon and number) next to it.

If you click it and it doesn't start the mission or say you joined a squad after ~5 seconds, hit Back to cancel and try again.

This. I feel guilty every time I accidentally hosted a game because of my crappy connection. So in order to avoid being the host I need to stop the waiting on public game even though my real intention was just to join anyone on the mission, and it turned out it's empty or full and I was forced to wait.

Hope DE will make an option for players to avoid being host and when the waiting start if there's no squad on a particular mission, it will wait for someone else to be the host and join him/her.

This. I feel guilty every time I accidentally hosted a game because of my crappy connection. So in order to avoid being the host I need to stop the waiting on public game even though my real intention was just to join anyone on the mission, and it turned out it's empty or full and I was forced to wait.

Hope DE will make an option for players to avoid being host and when the waiting start if there's no squad on a particular mission, it will wait for someone else to be the host and join him/her.

I'd like to have this option too.

oh. alright. its just that, i play like this: click on a mission, then alt tab to surf. then when i hear the count down, i alt tab again. but sometimes i become the host. so... yeah.

If you do this then you are setting up a Lobby. By clicking on a mission without an existing Lobby you will end up creating one with you as Host. That is how the system works. The only way you can avoid this is by finding missions with active lobbies (i.e. you never see the Play Now button... ever).

Your best option is to find an active clan and join them on missions. Using the Contacts menu to Join Sessions.

there are these small markers

lets say you want to play kappa on sedna and above kappa theres a stickfigure with a number, thats a lobby with members. if you click on kappa now you will join that lobby. if there is no stickfigure then you will probably become the host when you click a mission as you are first waiting for people to join your lobby.