Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Mission Type [Literally] Of My Dreams

JackBeloved

Maybe I play too much Warframe.

Last night, I had an awesome dream. I was a warframe, running around an Infested Corpus ship and having a blast shredding Infested with my trusty Braton Prime, potatoed and fully modded.

Then, out of nowhere, a freak Charger showed up. It was huge, about halfway between a normal Charger and Phorid's size. It behaved strangely, too. It would attack other Infested, and seemed like it was eating them. It also sort of strolled around, seemingly not interested in running up to everything and attacking it.

So, Tenno that I am, I started shooting it. Except, it seemed like whenever I shot this particular unit, all my weapon mods seemed to not apply. In top of that, it felt like the thing had a moderate damage reduction, high armor, and a decently large health pool. And when I shot it, it switched out of it's "hey, I'm cool, just strolling around" mode and started charging me down.

Then I woke up, and realized that this would be an awesome mission type/mission variant: Juggernaut. There's one particular creature on the level that's not really part of the enemy hordes, but it's bigger and tougher and much more deadly when aroused. Perhaps whenever your reticle is on it, weapon mods turn off. It could be a random thing, like environmental effects or the Stalker, or an actual mission goal.

I'm sure there's something interested that DE could figure out to do with a Juggernaut, besides just making a bullet sponge. But I like the general idea of having unique units that require different tactics to find/defeat.