Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Enemy Concept] Is Loki's Radial Disarm A Bit Much? Two New Enemies To Help!

Morec0

In light of the new event and the discussions about "exploiting Loki's Radial Disarm" that have come up, I've decided to approach the idea from a standpoint that doesn't NERF what the player can do, but instead gives the enemies a way around it. Specifically: rearms the enemies:

Grineer Armorer and Equipment Osprey

These two targets are immune to the effects of Loki's Radial Disarm themselves, and provide support to allies effected by it by acting as a beacon: if Disarmed enemies (be it by Loki's ability or something like the Halikar) are within a certain distance of them they will run to them to reclaim their weapon. There is no limit to how many times they can be done.

Sure, Loki could just continue to disarm them, but that costs energy. Sure, Irradiating Disarm poses a problem, but I'm not out to stop the ability from being useful, only to help make it a little LESS end-all-be-all.

Obviously Infested don't get one because they just take damage, and we already have the Infested Healer.

I think Loki's Radial Disarm is okay.

Corpus have their Nullifiers, which mean a huge expenditure of ammo or at least some extra risk decloaking to get inside the bubble.

Infested don't really care... I think. I notice their arms pop off, but they still kill me just the same.

Grineer have enough Butchers (melee units in general) that Radial Disarm doesn't guarantee safety.

Besides. Spawns happen way too often for this to really be required.

Yeah, no. This is one of loki's most useful abilities when it comes to any kind of endless mission. Your suggestion may seem like a light nerf, but it's actually a heavy one.

The only reason that the Phoenix Interception Escalation was possible was because loki's radial disarm. Even with the enemies disarmed, they run at you full speed and one hit downs you, if you are not careful.

And irradiating disarm? It's just a weaker Nyx's Chaos. Again, no need to nerf to it.

This is players thinking of optimal strategy and focusing their builds on using that strategy. Players looking at how the game works and using that knowledge to create powerful builds like irradiating disarm Loki is technically skill.

Besides, only one warframe and one weapon can disarm. I doubt we need an enemy who focuses on one frame and weapon specifically.

I don't think an entire enemy should be introduced just to smite a single frame's abilities. The most reasonable nerf to RD would be to give it a duration, though I honestly think it's fine as is

Honestly, I do too, but even I have to admit that it can be a little overbearing at times - hence this light solution (yeah, I see the comment saying "this is actually a heavy nerf", but that's ALL their saying and I don't see how that lines up). Admittedly, I forgot about the Corpus Nullifiers, but on the Grineer side of things I also haven't seen a butcher in a long time.