Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Steam Charging Additional Moneyz

Clavion

how is it even possible that the account we registered on warframe site is bound to steam just because we downloaded the game from steam?

its like saying a battlefield account is bound to steam instead of EA just because i play the game from steam, doesnt make much sense to me

have anyone tried to uninstall the game through steam and re-download it from warframe site?

how is it even possible that the account we registered on warframe site is bound to steam just because we downloaded the game from steam?

its like saying a battlefield account is bound to steam instead of EA just because i play the game from steam, doesnt make much sense to me

have anyone tried to uninstall the game through steam and re-download it from warframe site?

I will do, but I'd prefer the option to get a promo code and redeem it on steam later on.

Right now, they milk their european users like big fat money cows ;)

When you use the Steam account you sell your soul to the devil, Steam is evil, stay away from it. Just saying. ;) I had a Steam account and when I saw all the weird manipulations I cancelled.

Edited by Kantazo

Just tried it, it redirects me to the steam login page...

I was thinking about getting a Founder package, but I won't if I have to pay through steam's abusive system. Is there any way to have my account unlinked from steam?

Just bought the Hunter package myself for 38€. I'm lucky since I registered through the site, but I still play the game through steam.

My friend on the other hand had to suffer this BS and pay full 45€ for it. I'm kinda mad now, it's just big BS!

Just bought the Hunter package myself for 38€. I'm lucky since I registered through the site, but I still play the game through steam.

My friend on the other hand had to suffer this BS and pay full 45€ for it. I'm kinda mad now, it's just big BS!

I am curious about how you got that working ? So... you got the account from the official page ? Upgraded, and then installed the game from steam ? Or am I mistaken ?

well yeah, leveling 7 warframe has been a blast, would do it again, but what i wont be doing again is farming all those blueprints once again, that was a pain (frost in particular lol)... so no, im not creating a new account just for the sake of it ;) not now that im just a mag system BP from having the 11th

hope DE get it sorted out soon

to be clear, 45 euro for 1220 plat is almost the right price, plus you get a brand new frame with slot and potato. if the full 45 euro was going into DE pockets it would still be a deal for me, but a fee of about 8 euro to steam just for... well, being steam, thats not ok at all

Edited by TezeretFoxtrot

well yeah, leveling 7 warframe has been a blast, would do it again, but what i wont be doing again is farming all those blueprints once again, that was a pain (frost in particular lol)... so no, im not creating a new account just for the sake of it ;) not now that im just a mag system BP from having the 11th

hope DE get it sorted out soon

to be clear, 45 euro for 1220 plat is almost the right price, plus you get a brand new frame with slot and potato. if the full 45 euro was going into DE pockets it would still be a deal for me, but a fee of about 8 euro to steam just for... well, being steam, thats not ok at all

Fortunately I'm not that far. Just have a lvl 23 Loki and my 3 Ember BPs not even producing.

Guess a restart with additional potatoes would put me in the exact same position, if not even farther...

I am curious about how you got that working ? So... you got the account from the official page ? Upgraded, and then installed the game from steam ? Or am I mistaken ?

Nope. I was downloading the game from steam and then in the mean while I checked Warframe's official site and made my account before steam had finished downloading the game... I've always played my game through steam, but it seems like my account is safe from their hands. >_>

If you signed up through Steam, you can ONLY use Steam to do your purchases. If you signed up through the site, you can only use UltimatePay and such. 

He's left without a choice until DE does something about it. 

Sounds about right - mine goes through UPay.

What y'all are forgetting about:

Value Added Tax.

Steam charges you VAT (Mehrwertsteuer for the german among us :) ). Which, in germany is about 19% if I remember right.

Also, the 50$ = 50€ "conversion" is pretty common as for games that are NOT made by Valve it is always the Publisher who decides what amount of money you pay for a game in whatever region you happen to live in. And they end up insisting 1$ = 1€ = 1₤ = ... you get the system behind it.

What y'all are forgetting about:

Value Added Tax.

Steam charges you VAT (Mehrwertsteuer for the german among us :) ). Which, in germany is about 19% if I remember right.

Also, the 50$ = 50€ "conversion" is pretty common as for games that are NOT made by Valve it is always the Publisher who decides what amount of money you pay for a game in whatever region you happen to live in. And they end up insisting 1$ = 1€ = 1₤ = ... you get the system behind it.

I'm $&*&*#(%& !!!! Of course the f**** Tax XD

Oh gosh, how did I forget about it...

In that case, I'd consider the Thread closed and solved ;)

It's steam's way of helping out the European Union recession by re-circulating more money into the market (by making you spend more)

Making us Donate against our will is their way of helping europe ? why wont they donate from their own pockets ?

Making us Donate against our will is their way of helping europe ? why wont they donate from their own pockets ?

It was a joke =P

Inquistioner: The problem is that us here in the USA pay normal prices. It's only Euros that are overcharged. Steam generally takes a cut, yes, but from the price the person who's selling the stuff sets i.e. if the price is $50 and Steam takes a 30% cut, you'll still pay $50, but Steam will take $15 of that and DE gets $35.