Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Planning To Buy A Ps4, Need Advice On First Game!

haolee510

So I'm buying a PS4 tomorrow, and I plan to buy one game along with it. Now I can only buy this one game for the whole month, so I need a game that's not gonna be finished quickly in a month(I might play for about 3-5 hours on weekdays). I enjoy a lively open-world, with fluid and interesting combat system, and of course a story that's at least interesting enough.

But most of all I really want my first game to truly feels "Next-Gen".

So my choices are down to this:

1. Assassin's Creed Unity: I know this game's buggy as hell, but I can overlook that and I enjoy previous games in the series. But I never tried it on console and I fear the controls would be a bit uncomfortable at first.

2. Dragon's Age Inquisition: I already played it on my laptop and experience some lags, but I enjoyed it. What bothers me is that system and graphics-wise, the game doesn't feel Next-Gen enough.

3. GTA V: I saw my friend played it years ago on a PS3, and it was beautiful. The open-world seems the liveliest amongst the bunch. Problem is, I never really enjoyed the beginning of a GTA game before. I don't really like the missions on SA and IV, but I love being able to wander in a large map with so many activities to do.

4. inFamous Second Son: This might be the least popular of the bunch, and the shortest one. But it also feels like the only game to utilize the PS4's controller system the best. And superpowers are cool. But the game world looks bleak as hell.

I know it all comes down to personal preference, but I'm looking for more insight from people who has played the games first-hand. I hope some of you bothered to give some input. Thanks beforehand. :)

Edit: I'm sorry if later I'm not able to reply, but know that each of your advice will be read and taken into consideration, and of course much appreciated!

Edited by haolee510

3. GTA V: I saw my friend played it years ago on a PS3, and it was beautiful. The open-world seems the liveliest amongst the bunch. Problem is, I never really enjoyed the beginning of a GTA game before. I don't really like the missions on SA and IV, but I love being able to wander in a large map with so many activities to do.

These one and one more:

Bloodborne (<-- when it comes out this month)

Any moar questions?

Edited by ScrublordPrime

I'd say GTA. Or Destiny.

I'm playing Unity on my PC right now (I love AC games) using a controller (it feels better than M+KB) and I have mixed feelings.

They rushed the release and the game suffers from it a lot.

Game looks next gen, has some interesting new features compared to previous games (equipment system, open assassinations a'la hitman) but suffers from poorly (re)designed combat and a truckful of bugs.

Inquisition... I don't think you'll get your money's worth, unless you REALLY enjoyed previous dragon age games. It's a classic bioware game, and the combat is really boring.

inFamous... Well, it would be a good choice if you had a gaming PC (since it's a PS4 exclusive), but I don't know anything about the game, soo..

@below

Depends.

I also like open world games and while I haven't played it, I watch it quite often on twitch and I think I would enjoy it.

Edited by Shifted

These one and one more:

Bloodborne (<-- when it comes out this month)

Any moar questions?

Thanks for the input! Sadly, I must get the game now, or risk having a game-less console for a month. :D

But I loved the Souls game. Need to play those on holidays though, gotta give them my utmost attention.

I'd say GTA. Or Destiny.

I'm playing Unity on my PC right now (I love AC games) and I have mixed feelings. They rushed the release and the game suffers from it a lot.

Inquisition... I don't think you'll get your money's worth, unless you REALLY enjoyed previous dragon age games.

inFamous... Well, it would be a good choice if you had a gaming PC (since it's a PS4 exclusive), but I don't know anything about the game, soo..

Thanks for the input! I'd try Destiny later in the year maybe, I need to get a better internet connection first.

Dragon age inquisition. Lots of different story lines depending on your character choice.

I'm contemplating it, but on my laptop I've played quite a bit through the first chapters. I fear I might find it a chore to re-do it again so quickly...

Thanks for the input!

1: The controls will most likely be uncomfortable. I've played everything, except unity, on console, and I still muck up because of the controls. Run through a doorway? How about trying to climb it instead? The story seems like a cluttered mess that doesn't even seem to have been half arsed. Quarter arsed at best.

3. GTA V is really good. Bought it on release, and spent about 30 hours during the weekend to run through the main story. 10/10 - would lose sleep over again.

Thanks for the input! Sadly, I must get the game now, or risk having a game-less console for a month. :D

But I loved the Souls game. Need to play those on holidays though, gotta give them my utmost attention.

Then I'd highly recommend GTA V and this is coming from someone who disliked GTA. It is really worth it just for the unique nature of the game, plus, the online portion is awesome. Get some friends online and play it, you'll love it.

1: The controls will most likely be uncomfortable. I've played everything, except unity, on console, and I still muck up because of the controls. Run through a doorway? How about trying to climb it instead? The story seems like a cluttered mess that doesn't even seem to have been half arsed. Quarter arsed at best.

3. GTA V is really good. Bought it on release, and spent about 30 hours during the weekend to run through the main story. 10/10 - would lose sleep over again.

1. Yeah, I fear so. I'm kinda indifferent on AC story-wise, but it looks gorgeous. I see screenshots of the game on PC and it's really beautiful, but I heard on PS4 it's not as much so?

3. I'm starting to lean on GTA V now! Thanks for the input.

Then I'd highly recommend GTA V and this is coming from someone who disliked GTA. It is really worth it just for the unique nature of the game, plus, the online portion is awesome. Get some friends online and play it, you'll love it.

I think I'll take that, then. The replies on these threads are favorable on GTA. :)

I'm hoping to play online once my wallet have some breathing room. And of course those heists are coming too!

Infamous has craaazzyy replayability, theres tons to do and it never really feels like a chore, you can sink quite a bit of time into it if you want (plus Native american protag, always a plus)

It's definitely on my to-do list, but I think I'll try GTA first. Luckily InFamous isn't as expensive now as it was on release! Thanks for the input.

GTA V. Fun, no regrets.

Dragon age has it's moments and you can play some multiplayer aswell but honestly it's average at best.

Infamous, my friend has the game on PS4, it's short but lot of fun, not a bad alternative.

Assassins's Creed: same thing over again, except with more patched places. I'd suggest to let the ubisoft boil in their own stew until they realise that the series need some renovation and not just spawn random angry french mob.

Edited by Morgax

GTA V. Fun, no regrets.

Dragon age has it's moments and you can play some multiplayer aswell but honestly it's average at best.

Infamous, my friend has the game on PS4, it's short but lot of fun, not a bad alternative.

Assassins's Creed: same thing over again, except with more patched places. I'd suggest to let the ubisoft boil in their own stew until they realise that the series need some renovation and not just spawn random angry french mob.

Yeah, come to think of it the best part of DA is the party banter IMO, and it doesn't justify buying the game over again...

I sincerely hope Ubisoft gets its groove back with Victory this year, though. The leaked screenshots looked like my kind of game. Fingers crossed! Thanks for the input.