Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Here.

(XBOX)Knight Raime

The Vasto is good, but I think it's out classed by other secondaries. Just use what looks cool, dude. I'm a MR14 with a Vectis and a glaive, still out damaging kids with Soma's.

I'm honestly just looking for a secondary that is good enough to dump potato/forma into.  But doesn't require something like be a high syndacate rank or researching it in a dojo.  

I like the look of the vectis.  It might help with my mesa.  And the hek seems like an alright gun for my valkyr.  Does hek absolutely need to have that mod in order to run things like low void missions or orokin ship missions?

Without the mod it's a midrange weapon.  The mod turns it into a high-end weapon.  However midrange weapons are fine for T1/T2 (as long as it's not defense 25+ or survival 20+), I run T1/T2 stuff with half-ranked gear all the time since the enemy levels don't get too high.

Derelict missions, if you're doing ODE or something for vault runs then mid-range gear works just fine too.

Also what's your opinion on the vasto secondary?

Akvasto > Vasto, the reload speed is still fine and the increase in burst damage helps a lot.  Akvasto should do fine for midrange content.

Without the mod it's a midrange weapon.  The mod turns it into a high-end weapon.  However midrange weapons are fine for T1/T2 (as long as it's not defense 25+ or survival 20+), I run T1/T2 stuff with half-ranked gear all the time since the enemy levels don't get too high.

Derelict missions, if you're doing ODE or something for vault runs then mid-range gear works just fine too.

Akvasto > Vasto, the reload speed is still fine and the increase in burst damage helps a lot.  Akvasto should do fine for midrange content.

Yeah with OD missions I was planning to only doing exterminate at first.  Since I heard you can clear all the infestation out before opening the vault and then after opening it no other enemies will spawn.  And it's good news to hear about the hek.  Thank you much for you input over the last few days.  The warframe community so far feels more welcoming then most that i've been involved with.  With the help of you and some other video's or threads i've seen it's restored my will into giving this game another try seriously.  thanks!

Yeah with OD missions I was planning to only doing exterminate at first.  Since I heard you can clear all the infestation out before opening the vault and then after opening it no other enemies will spawn.

Yup, when I do vault runs I do ODE for this reason, not sure why other people choose missions with endless spawns.

And you're welcome. ^^

Yup, when I do vault runs I do ODE for this reason, not sure why other people choose missions with endless spawns.

And you're welcome. ^^

Maybe for farming reasons?  I'm not exactly well informed on drops for items.  I literally do a wiki search at least once a day lol.  So I have yet another question.  My current warframes are: nyx, ember, mesa, and valkyr.  As a some what noobish player what frame or frames would you suggest for newer players to try out?  I'm eventually going to get all of them if i can even play that much.  I'm just curious from a vet perspective.  As after I get mesa to 30 i'm not sure who I should go for next.

I re downloaded warframe a few days ago.  I'm still pretty much a newbie.  But I've decided on my first serious frame/build.   Valkyr hyistaria build.  I'm currently awaiting the 3 day mark for her to be finished.  Anyway The mod setup I was going for has kind of discouraged me.  It was requiring 3 corrupted mods.  I am already going to spend money to buy the 2 forma needed for this build.  But I feel like i'll have to spend more in order to get those mods.

The only frame I ever maxed was excalibur.  And I deleted him to make room for ember.  She's about 23-25 atm.  my other is nyx which isn't that high yet.  Anyway I can't play missions on my own.  I die all over the place.

I guess I'm asking for tips/words of encouragment as I almost wanted to quit playing again.  and if anyone has a better way to make the build I want without having to go through so much stuff that would be much appreciated.

I sometimes feel like quitting too, but that's because sometimes I lack direction and the best way to distract from that is to make friends and play with others.

I suggest doing dark sectors to get strong fast.

Maybe for farming reasons?  I'm not exactly well informed on drops for items.  I literally do a wiki search at least once a day lol.  So I have yet another question.  My current warframes are: nyx, ember, mesa, and valkyr.  As a some what noobish player what frame or frames would you suggest for newer players to try out?  I'm eventually going to get all of them if i can even play that much.  I'm just curious from a vet perspective.  As after I get mesa to 30 i'm not sure who I should go for next.

Hm, well you can try...

Loki for a stealth and manipulation playstyle (Spy, Exterminate)

Frost for a defensive style (Defense, Mobile Defense, Interception)

Nekros for a self-defensive and supportive playstyle (Survival)

Most other frames have style overlaps with those or ones you already have.  Though I will mention Nova as notably useful for ranking up new weapons and stuff, 'cause her ultimate causes enemies to take double damage and become a lot less deadly.  This means you spend half the ammo and reload time to kill stronger enemies, leveling up annoying-to-rank gear quicker (when you get to the point that you'll be ranking up new gear just for mastery).

Hm, well you can try...

Loki for a stealth and manipulation playstyle (Spy, Exterminate)

Frost for a defensive style (Defense, Mobile Defense, Interception)

Nekros for a self-defensive and supportive playstyle (Survival)

Most other frames have style overlaps with those or ones you already have.  Though I will mention Nova as notably useful for ranking up new weapons and stuff, 'cause her ultimate causes enemies to take double damage and become a lot less deadly.  This means you spend half the ammo and reload time to kill stronger enemies, leveling up annoying-to-rank gear quicker (when you get to the point that you'll be ranking up new gear just for mastery).

I was considering nova/mag/loki next.  But I heard the boss for loki parts is annoying.  Didn't frost get nerfed recent ish?

Frost got a buff, his Snow Globe had the hole in it fixed and it can be stacked for more health now (as well as making it mobile).

People who claim it got a nerf were people who made assumptions and didn't actually bother to test the math.

Frost got a buff, his Snow Globe had the hole in it fixed and it can be stacked for more health now (as well as making it mobile).

People who claim it got a nerf were people who made assumptions and didn't actually bother to test the math.

I assumed the nerf was that instead of it being based on duration it was switched to a health system.  I thought previously it had no health and could take as much damage as it was up for time wise.

I assumed the nerf was that instead of it being based on duration it was switched to a health system.  I thought previously it had no health and could take as much damage as it was up for time wise.

Ah, nope, it's had both a duration and health for a long time now.

Oh I see.  So now the health of it just scales off of mods?

The health of it scaled off of mods before.

The change was that if you cast a second (or third, fourth) Snow Globe inside an existing one, it merges with the current one, refreshing the timer and adding to the health.

The health of it scaled off of mods before.

The change was that if you cast a second (or third, fourth) Snow Globe inside an existing one, it merges with the current one, refreshing the timer and adding to the health.

oh okay gotcha.  So any tips on farming for nurodes?  I read an earth mission of excavation.  Sadly after 2-3 days of farming that mission i've only gotten 5 of them.  even though i've spent at least 20 minutes on each mission.

oh okay gotcha.  So any tips on farming for nurodes?  I read an earth mission of excavation.  Sadly after 2-3 days of farming that mission i've only gotten 5 of them.  even though i've spent at least 20 minutes on each mission.

Unfortunately Neurodes are one of the most annoying things to farm 'cause there's no boss that drops it that doesn't take 8 years to kill once.

Orokin Derelict missions can drop them, but things like Orokin Derelict Defense have become far less popular since the infested buffs.

My suggestion is just to get a good Exvacation group up with a Frost (to protect the machines) and a Nekros (for double+ drop chances).

Unfortunately Neurodes are one of the most annoying things to farm 'cause there's no boss that drops it that doesn't take 8 years to kill once.

Orokin Derelict missions can drop them, but things like Orokin Derelict Defense have become far less popular since the infested buffs.

My suggestion is just to get a good Exvacation group up with a Frost (to protect the machines) and a Nekros (for double+ drop chances).

Well I already do have a friend that has a nekros.  But he's far from being able to run him like a desicrate pro.  And really?  I though phorrid has a chance to drop them?  Side note i'm annoyed that eris is an infestation planet and none of the missions have dropped me the neurodes yet.  Which is annoying since most weapons I seem to want either need those or argon crystals.

Well I already do have a friend that has a nekros.  But he's far from being able to run him like a desicrate pro.  And really?  I though phorrid has a chance to drop them?  Side note i'm annoyed that eris is an infestation planet and none of the missions have dropped me the neurodes yet.  Which is annoying since most weapons I seem to want either need those or argon crystals.

Phorid uses the drop tables of whatever planet he's on at the time.

That would explain the stupid amount of orokin cells I got last night xD

If you had to pick between nova or mag which would you choose?

I'd go with Nova 'cause of the ease of ranking up meh weapons for mastery rank.

Mag, right now, has some issues and only stands out against the Corpus and in some niche farming methods.  She will supposedly be fixed with U16...

I'd go with Nova 'cause of the ease of ranking up meh weapons for mastery rank.

Mag, right now, has some issues and only stands out against the Corpus and in some niche farming methods.  She will supposedly be fixed with U16...

Gotcha.  Also I'd like your opinion on my valkyr build.  I've watched calypso's video and AGGP's video.  the former seem's like he cares more abur burst damage.  (shorter time in hystaria but more damage do to max power strength) and the latter has an extended hystaria build.  longer time in hystaria but less damage do to not running blind rage.

I wanted to know in the high tier area (so T4 survival or defense) which would be better?  Also calypso says steel fiber some how slows the amount of energy you gain when you have rage on.  Which I don't understand.

Gotcha.  Also I'd like your opinion on my valkyr build.  I've watched calypso's video and AGGP's video.  the former seem's like he cares more abur burst damage.  (shorter time in hystaria but more damage do to max power strength) and the latter has an extended hystaria build.  longer time in hystaria but less damage do to not running blind rage.

I wanted to know in the high tier area (so T4 survival or defense) which would be better?  Also calypso says steel fiber some how slows the amount of energy you gain when you have rage on.  Which I don't understand.

If you go long times in T4S/D, there comes a point where the enemies are far too tanky to kill without a lot of power buffs.

On the other hand, if you're only playing to wave/minute 40, longer duration builds will still work fine to the end and be safer.

So it's a style/preference thing.

This is the first I've heard of the Steel Fiber issue.

If you go long times in T4S/D, there comes a point where the enemies are far too tanky to kill without a lot of power buffs.

On the other hand, if you're only playing to wave/minute 40, longer duration builds will still work fine to the end and be safer.

So it's a style/preference thing.

This is the first I've heard of the Steel Fiber issue.

I see.  So an extended duration build will work for me then.  As I don't see why i'd need to stick around in missions past 40 minutes.  And really?  I was hoping more people would know.

RAge works on health damage thereby armor reduces it by causing less health dmg

See that is what I don't get.  You are still taking health damage either way.  Armor is effective health.

Either way in higher mission's you'd be taking enough damage to get it back quickly right? This way you just technically have more health.

I see.  So an extended duration build will work for me then.  As I don't see why i'd need to stick around in missions past 40 minutes.  And really?  I was hoping more people would know.

If you only plan to do the balanced content (that is up to a second Rotation C at the most) then yeah a duration build should work fine... though you may need to use a weapon like the Scindo Prime or something to get more per-hit damage (as hysteria doesn't take weapon swing speed into account) near the end of the mission.

Steel Fiber means less health damage taken, and Rage works on the literal amount of points of health you lose (not the incoming damage before reduction).  So with Steel Fiber you still get the same amount of energy per damage, it just takes longer to take the same amount of damage.