Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

To Buy Or Not To Buy? Using Platinum To Purchase Items In-Game (Off-Topic)

Somedude1000

Guys, U16 is coming soon. You know what that means, new content, and new content means ubergrindwall-nullifier-eximus-prime to get it

The thing is, every time there is new content behind a grindwall, I end up feeling guilty if I outright buy it with platinum, this is because I come to the forums / reddit pages and there are literally hundreds of posts saying things along the lines of "why do you give them money" "DE is doing this just to get cash cows to buy the stuff out with plat while we loyal players suffer grind"  "The idiots who buy this stuff probably wont stay playing the game for long"  etc

Guys, I like playing the game.  But I don't always have time to farm. This is why I buy platinum, to bypass the grindwalls etc.

However, I feel ashamed of myself, when these players taunt me. Is there something wrong if I cant spend money I earn myself on something I like without being judged, or am I just "caving in to DE's moneygrabbing tactics" as these people say?

Halp?

However, I feel ashamed of myself, when these players taunt me. Is there something wrong if I cant spend money I earn myself on something I like without being judged, or am I just "caving in to DE's moneygrabbing tactics" as these people say?

Halp?

They're just A******s and probably jealous that you can bypass the grindwall and they can't.

Ignore them, you do what you want and you be happy with it. If it means you enjoy the product, then go right ahead. 

Those people might just be jealous that they don't have the money to spend on the game, but as far as I'm concerned you're doing a good thing.

I bought Mesa and Limbo with all my plat from trade, I really have only gotten plat from trade so they're generally just lazy entitled a-holes

I'm not spending money for this game(yet) for some reason but I don't feel like taunting others that have the luxury to spend their own money to make their in-game adventures a little easier.

Hey, it's your money anyways so why you should feel ashamed? you can ignore those trolls.

Screw them. Simple, the only thing they're doing is hiding their jealousy for not getting content as quick as you are. Just look at Gumby lol.

Heh, how could I forget <_<

They're just A******s and probably jealous that you can bypass the grindwall and they can't.

Ignore them, you do what you want and you be happy with it. If it means you enjoy the product, then go right ahead. 

I'm not spending money for this game(yet) for some reason but I don't feel like taunting others that have the luxury to spend their own money to make their in-game adventures a little easier.

Hey, it's your money anyways so why you should feel ashamed? you can ignore those trolls.

I had not really thought about this, most of the time i assume their arguments are as valid as  anyone elses and theyre willing to discuss civilly on forums, perhaps this assumption is detrimental ...

The only thing you might feel guilty about is that your paying for them to play.

>_> How so?

Edited by Somedude1000

I had not really thought about this, most of the time i assume their arguments are as valid as  anyone elses and theyre willing to discuss civilly on forums, perhaps this assumption is detrimental ...

Whether their reasons are valid or not, this is their opinion on whether you should spend it or not. And in the end, it's you who wants to spend it. If they insult you for doing so or mock you for doing so, then ignore them. They aren't worth the attention.

Heh, how could I forget <_<

>_> How so?

Valid? Lolwat? Is it their money? Is it an illegal way of getting means? Is it a cheap way of getting things? No. They're opinion on the topic is hardly significant if it doesn't involve them.

Whether their reasons are valid or not, this is their opinion on whether you should spend it or not. And in the end, it's you who wants to spend it. If they insult you for doing so or mock you for doing so, then ignore them. They aren't worth the attention.

Valid? Lolwat? Is it their money? Is it an illegal way of getting means? Is it a cheap way of getting things? No. They're opinion on the topic is hardly significant if it doesn't involve them.

I shall take this into consideration,  I felt like talking about this mostly because I see players who buy plat generalised negatively increasingly often, even when our detractors opinions should have carried little weight

Edited by Somedude1000

If you are not working you have time to grind everything and if you have real money and you spend those on Warframe then you are just lazy, but its your money.

If you have a job you don't have that much time to get something, so you can spend your money from job to the game to get something.

Nothing is free, it's either your time or money. Aside from frame, sentinel slots and hats there is nothing in warframe you cannot obtain by simply playing (one might argue weapon slots, but if you do events with equipment rewards, they come with a free slot).

I get the feeling lot of the people who see themselves as loyal players think they should be getting something extra for their time spent in the game, call it entitlement if you will, and are seeking to inflate their ego by calling out players who spend money instead of time to get the things they want. Money however does not buy you skill to play. What puzzles me though is why they play the game if they feel they don't enjoy it?