Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

More Customized Armor?

NomiKaijin

Hi. I've been thinking recently about ARMOR. Not just the helmets that you can get for your Frame i mean like a FULL SET of armor. Pieces like gauntlets,body armor, and leggings. The bonuses would vary and you could aquire seperate mods for the armor. For example: One of my favorite Frames, Volt has only a helmet that gives a bonus to his electricty power, but decreases his stamina overall. IF there was a full set you could (for example) mod it to increase the duration of his sprint ability but lower his armor percentage. This would be great if there were full body sets with bonuses/drawbacks alike. This is just a quick thought but i'd figure I would share it.

Edited by Wolf_Bite

This feels like a Halo thread.....

Custom armor, I believe, was thought of before and some people liked it... but no one knew how to word it right for it to convince the DE lol

Not Custom. Kinda like how they have the helmets, but just sets of armor instead of JUST a helmet.

Sets of armor as in, gauntlets/greaves/chest/waist/all the other stuff seperately, kinda like ME3 campaign? Where individual will have +/- and you can fully customize a set to match your play style? If so i'm on board, but that would have to mean that the basic look should have its own stats.....nvm, realized that basic would be balanced/well rounded.

This is a cool idea though. +1'ed

as a side note, anyone missing their downvote button?

well if you look at a game like blacklight retribution

nearly every part of the armor is changable in some way shape or form increasing some stats and decreasing others 

so you have around 8 parts that you would be able to switch out individually to increase health speed armor energy and so on while being balanced out by taking some from the other stats.

Appearence mods.

However I understand why the devs don't have it.  Basically to do so would be as labor intensive as them completely designing the artwork for an entirely new warframe.

Ya, I was thinking about that but in a world where everything was perfect, It would still be cool!

This feels like a Halo thread.....

Custom armor, I believe, was thought of before and some people liked it... but no one knew how to word it right for it to convince the DE lol

Just an idea.

Armor add-ons? Like sentinel parts? Customize-a-frame? 

I would like to see new armor customization as well but then you have to be careful of what you wish for. Would you rather have a different helmet for a Frame, or would you rather have a new frame entirely? Just a thought

Just an idea.

Armor add-ons? Like sentinel parts? Customize-a-frame? 

well we have stuff for the sentinels, why not for the frames,

THAT.

Great minds think alike it seems. 

Adding armor parts for the frames, be they cosmetic, or micro-statistical, seems the most elegant solution to me. Might even kill two birds with one stone, and throw a bone to the Trinity-booty haters. 

Hi. I've been thinking recently about ARMOR. Not just the helmets that you can get for your Frame i mean like a FULL SET of armor. The bonuses would vary and you could aquire seperate mods for the armor. For example: One of my favorite Frames, Volt has only a helmet that gives a bonus to his electricty power, but decreases his stamina overall. IF there was a full set you could mod it to increase the duration of his sprint ability but lower his armor percentage. This would be great if there were full body sets with bonuses/drawbacks alike. This is just a quick thought but i'd figure I would share it.

I recall DE_Steve saying that we will be able to further customize our actual warframes soon.

Ah, so basically alternative Frame Armour, like the Helmets are alternative helmets.

Could be good, but it would take time and DE would need to think of; 1) How many pieces of armour? 2)What would each do? 3)What is the overall effect? (Total % of Bonuses etc) 4) How will players get them?

It could actually end up being a bad thing as someone would find the best pieces to use and mods to maximize the Warframe into near invincibility or something, as such there would be a tonne of people following the said build and thus no customization to the Warframe would be achieved, you'd just be following what someone else does. So although you would want customization, that would mostly go out the window as a large % of players would follow one particular build.

I think we should be able to pick up peices of armor from missions,and depeding on the warframe it adds a different effect.Like on those icy areas,you could pick up a peice of frozon orokin,corpus,or grineer armor and attach it to frost.It should like add armor and increase power slightly.