Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Primed Reach Problem

Xtenz

Hey , i'm writting this because i curently have a problem with my primed reach .

I've leveled it up to lvl 7 so i should get 120% range boost on melee , and i see no difference whatsoever (absolutely 0 changes not even a little)

I've tried this on the galatine and the dragon nikana and none seem to  work . 

I don't know what to do to fix this , and i hope DE see this post in order to help a Tenno.

EDIT : I've seen the range being affected with the Tipedo . more comming soon.

EDIT2 : I've seen some improvements on the dakra prime too , seems like there is a problem with that range stat , it's like some of you said it's not the initial length of the weapon , but an arbitrary unknown (as a player) value   . It's a Really  bad design imho but , oh well .

Still DE you need to fix this stat so we can see differences on all weapons , when you use such mods it's because you want them to be effective on any given weapon . 

And when you'll do , start with the galatine  because it's really pathetic , and that was why in  first place i upgraded  primed reach . /rant

Edited by Xtenz

It definitely works on the Orthos Prime, so the mod isn't defective.

For the Galatine, you have to consider that it has less range than it is long.

No idea about Dragon Nikana. Don't really use it.

There is no differences , and i'm not even doing slam atks or something , i'm just atking normally , and the range isnt affected at all .

I'm kinda sad because i spend many cores into it and it isnt even working ..

EDIT  : i'm gonna keep trying on other melee weapons , but i doubt it'll work

Edited by Xtenz

It's working fine on everything I've put it on from the Tonbo to the Ether daggers. You have to realize that yes the number is big but striking range isn't necessarily blade length. The galatine is a big sword but a big part of it's length is also it's handle. Same with the Jat kittag, Yes it has a large range by most accounts but it's really hard to tell where range starts and ends. I definitely find it working on my Jat kittag as well and mine is only at 105%, it doesn't mean you are going to be able to swing and reach across the room because the weapon is long it just means you are gonna have a significantly bigger striking distance. I was able to hit a brood mother, and without moving watched it attempt to punch me and be outside of it's arm's length.

It's working fine on everything I've put it on from the Tonbo to the Ether daggers. You have to realize that yes the number is big but striking range isn't necessarily blade length. The galatine is a big sword but a big part of it's length is also it's handle. Same with the Jat kittag, Yes it has a large range by most accounts but it's really hard to tell where range starts and ends. I definitely find it working on my Jat kittag as well and mine is only at 105%, it doesn't mean you are going to be able to swing and reach across the room because the weapon is long it just means you are gonna have a significantly bigger striking distance. I was able to hit a brood mother, and without moving watched it attempt to punch me and be outside of it's arm's length.

Before writting this post i was really paying attention to the galatine length ,and hitbox , and nothing has changed before or after equiping this mod , it's not only about the number , it's that it doesnt change , at all .

It's works just fine & is very noticeable on my Orthos Prime, Dragon Nikana, & Tonbo. 

I don't think ground slam is effected, but I wouldn't know. I don't use ground slam much. 

I've tested the dragon nikana , and NOTHING changed. not even the slightest.

Most melee have only ranges from 1m to 2m and in orthos primes case around 7-8m. Adding 120% to 1-2m is barely a noticeable thing considering melee animations already have movement involved or can be done while moving. 

Primed Reach is only for the orthos prime in my opinion, tried it on Galatine and it feels as if its primed reach range should be its natural range because with the mod on the tip of the blade deals damage

I test by marking how far walls or objects are then meleeing into them until I see sparks meaning there was a hitbox connection 

Before writting this post i was really paying attention to the galatine length ,and hitbox , and nothing has changed before or after equiping this mod , it's not only about the number , it's that it doesnt change , at all .

Does the normal Reach mod work on those weapons?

It seems that the bug is specific to weapons, rather than Primed Reach being completely broken since I can quite easily hit enemies/objects that are several meters beyond my Orthos Prime.

Choose any weapon & continuously approach & slash at a wall until you notice the spark/hit. Take note of the meter distance shown on the reticle or use G. 

Equip Prime Reach & do the same. You will notice the difference. 

In this video, the effect of Prime Reach is MORE than noticeable. 

Choose any weapon & continuously approach & slash at a wall until you notice the spark/hit. Take note of the meter distance shown on the reticle or use G. 

Equip Prime Reach & do the same. You will notice the difference. 

In this video, the effect of Prime Reach is MORE than noticeable. 

Maybe look at what is in OP , also it's not because it works well on orthos prime , that it will as well or even close to it on others .  

We were talking about dragon nikana , not orthos prime .

But you're right , on orthos P it works just fine, on other it looks like shiet . A mod for one/ couple of weapon(s) is just ..... bad ?

Edited by Xtenz

Maybe look at what is in OP , also it's not because it works well on orthos prime , that it will as well or even close to it on others .  

We were talking about dragon nikana , not orthos prime .

Maybe look at the 1st two sentences in my post.

Maybe look at the 1st two sentences in my post.

And this is how i went to see the difference with & without when i was paying attention to the hitboxes , there is no millions ways to do it ; you're forced to do this way if you want to do a fair comparison.

The actual point is , there is no logical way to understand the effective range of a melee weapon  AND on some weapons , you can't even tell if you have it on ( primed reach) or not  AND THIS is absolutely terrible because it makes this mod even more situational than it already is on top of having player invest into it thinking it could be fun ,  resulting most of the time in  a waste of time & credits & mods. 

It works well in all my melee weapons that i use mostly (scindo prime, jat kittag, reaper prime,tipedo/tonbo/orthos, serro, dakra, dark dagger)  ofc some of these have a short hitbox and primed reach seems not change much but even if u havent a maxed one u should notice a big difference in range.

This mod is a must vs infested and for pvp.

And this is how i went to see the difference with & without when i was paying attention to the hitboxes , there is no millions ways to do it ; you're forced to do this way if you want to do a fair comparison.

The actual point is , there is no logical way to understand the effective range of a melee weapon  AND on some weapons , you can't even tell if you have it on ( primed reach) or not  AND THIS is absolutely terrible because it makes this mod even more situational than it already is on top of having player invest into it thinking it could be fun ,  resulting most of the time in  a waste of time & credits & mods. 

But you're saying that you don't notice the difference with the Dragon Nikana & for me it's more than noticeable. 

Seems to work find on Jat Kittag and Tonbo.

However Serro's and Atterax's range seem unaffected.

I thought it would have a huge impact on the Atterax but I didn't noticed any difference at all.

I agree that small range weapons will have minimal impact since +135% of 1m is only 2.35m .. which in the heat of melee would be hard to see any real change. 

This is the problem with the reach on the Galatine. The Galatine should obviously have a longer reach than the orthose prime but it pales significantly in comparison. DE needs to fix this

Primed reach also seems to increase the range on the Orthose Prime much more then the Galatine as well 

Edited by Bls0n