Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

First Person View Bug (Kinda)

lorddoug

So as i was going through a Exterminate mission i experienced a bug that both made me laugh but also brought forth a thought that hadn't crossed my mind before.

What if Warframe had the option to play in first person?

the below pictures are from said perspective and was achieved by rotating the camera into a close by object as a hacked a panel, which in turned led the game to think the forced close up view from the camera being pushed into the wall to be the default view and so the first person view was born.

The reason I'm posting this is because i am curios what you the community think of the idea of having first person as an option for general gameplay or whether it would be good choice for the next tactical alert as a challenge. please put your thoughts in the comments below as I'm quite curios.

These first few photos are of me standing still and checking out the new perspective.

6400tam.jpg

pvzv0JK.jpg

Emwm147.jpg

The rest of these images are from me actually playing the game, i managed to finish the entire mission in this view.

Me running around

zKmxRHA.jpg

For some reason this Bombard didnt see me while i was hacking another terminal.

OLENAqG.jpg

Normal walking view

ptTXZES.jpg

A bit of melee

bQKjyhf.jpg

And at the end of it all when i finished the mission and left in the ship the camera cut back to my warframe still in the tileset who promptly dies.

popH9V9.jpg

in case the images brake or something here is a link to the imgur album
http://imgur.com/a/DVuQS

God ill kill myself if i see this topic again

Hey there is no need to be negative, there may be other players apart from you that havent seen this topic. if you didnt like this topic then why would you click on it?

Is this game set up to be OK with 1st person? In gta the controls feel clunky but u can get used to it if u try.

Apart from the Frames head blocking the view sometimes the game played well in this view, it was quite a bit of fun.

what about the mele?

Melee was okay but that was mostly because i was able to see through my character, it was harder when there were animation that caused the model to lean forward as i couldnt see my target during but most of the time it was fun.

This has happened to me several times and i agree with those who say it is not conducive to the game play experience, Peripheral vision is cut of far too much. If the devs allow first person we will then see a tidal wave of OMG NULLIFIER/BOMBARD SNIPED ME SO OP because people didn't know they were getting creeped

This has happened to me several times and i agree with those who say it is not conducive to the game play experience, Peripheral vision is cut of far too much. If the devs allow first person we will then see a tidal wave of OMG NULLIFIER/BOMBARD SNIPED ME SO OP because people didn't know they were getting creeped

I completely agree but for some good old fashion fun it would be a nice option, it actually saddens me how accurate your statement would be.

Is this game set up to be OK with 1st person? In gta the controls feel clunky but u can get used to it if u try.

You don't want to see Vor's face in first person.

Never again :(

I completely agree but for some good old fashion fun it would be a nice option, it actually saddens me how accurate your statement would be.

It would make people use enemy radar and sense.

Cool i was hoping some one had video of it, i wanted to but didnt have anything to record with.

from your video it seems you had a harder time aiming than i did.

Just thought it would also be a cool idea to use in non combat environments like clan dojos or the relays.

Cool i was hoping some one had video of it, i wanted to but didnt have anything to record with.

from your video it seems you had a harder time aiming than i did.

Frost's fat-@ss head was in the way most of the time xD

Edited by (XB1)A Frikn Grizzly

Hey there is no need to be negative, there may be other players apart from you that havent seen this topic. if you didnt like this topic then why would you click on it?

There's about 2-3 topics like these every week.

I'm surprised mods aren't auto-locking on sight this.

There's about 2-3 topics like these every week.

I'm surprised mods aren't auto-locking on sight this.

Yup.

I'm sorry to the OP, but this is seriously one of the most frequent and old bugs that people have been posting on the forums as if they have found a new stuff. As a person who visits the forums quite often, I'm not surprised to see a person annoyed by it. Frankly I also am. Sorry.

Yup.

I'm sorry to the OP, but this is seriously one of the most frequent and old bugs that people have been posting on the forums as if they have found a new stuff. As a person who visits the forums quite often, I'm not surprised to see a person annoyed by it. Frankly I also am. Sorry.

So let me get this straight, you're annoyed because players are asking for the OPTION to play in 1st person perspective? What business is it of yours how OTHER PEOPLE want THEIR OWN EXPERIENCE to be? The only viewpoint being proposed to be FORCED on anyone is YOURS.

How or why this bothers people is far beyond me. You come off as entitled, imposing your opinions on others. Grow up.

Edited by (PS4)CaulusOuranos