The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ancient Healer

Nestalim

I am the only one who thinks their heal are just broken and stupid ? 

Currently blocked on a mission, can't finish it cause two of them are on a way and just blocks it. I can't take them down, their regen is so damn high that I think the one who devs them is a bit retard.

Nerf it, it currently totally useless due to the low damage of those ancient, and the nearly ability to one shot others infest. 

Get a better weapon or some teammates. Better yet, go around them. All your problems are solved, quit complaining.

Not an answer. I got Paris, and i don't want to be a troll shotgun. Teammates ? What is that ? Playing in multi makes the game totally bad. Go around them ? I just said that they're blocking the way, also they're blocked they can't move, they're just looking at me, doing nothing.

Sorry, not of my issue are solved.

Not an answer. I got Paris, and i don't want to be a troll shotgun. Teammates ? What is that ? Playing in multi makes the game totally bad. Go around them ? I just said that they're blocking the way, also they're blocked they can't move, they're just looking at me, doing nothing.

Sorry, not of my issue are solved.

Well there's your problem: using the Paris against infested. The Paris is not that effective against them, especially if you're too stubborn to play with others. Get an akbolto or the Boltor and have a better gun for the situation at hand.

What is this I don't even...?!

Scumbag player, Plays a co-op game, doesn't play with people and calls the game bad for it.

Oh yeah, co-op game, with a button SOLO. Sorry dude, i think you went full retard.

Well there's your problem: using the Paris against infested. The Paris is not that effective against them, especially if you're too stubborn to play with others. Get an akbolto or the Boltor and have a better gun for the situation at hand.

I have no issue with Paris agains't every Infested except healer. By aiming correctly, you can shutdown any Ancient with 2-3 arrows. Paris is a good weapon agains't infested, not as the Boltor and yes, getting Akbolto will help a lot, but killing two Ancient healers is currently a pain in the a**. Also, nothing justify their heals in the mechanics. That's why I want a nerf.

use your melee weapon to knock them down. use a cold damage mod to slow the fall so it takes them a bit.

shot at their feet. it does bonus damage.

seperate them. slow one down while the other one chases you. once they are apart take them down as normal.

I have no issue with Paris agains't every Infested except healer. By aiming correctly, you can shutdown any Ancient with 2-3 arrows. Paris is a good weapon agains't infested, not as the Boltor and yes, getting Akbolto will help a lot, but killing two Ancient healers is currently a pain in the a**. Also, nothing justify their heals in the mechanics. That's why I want a nerf.

Yo man, you just gotta get on a higher level you know? It's ok to feel sad sometimes, but you don't gotta come runnin through the fourms swinging your Nerf brand nerf bat complaining about something that requires teamwork or a good weapon to fight. Also, knock them down and go around them. Still don't see why this is a hard concept. things can't block your path, that doesn't ever happen.

Yo man, you just gotta get on a higher level you know? It's ok to feel sad sometimes, but you don't gotta come runnin through the fourms swinging your Nerf brand nerf bat complaining about something that requires teamwork or a good weapon to fight. Also, knock them down and go around them. Still don't see why this is a hard concept. things can't block your path, that doesn't ever happen.

If i could take a screenshot I would, but i can't. The path was smaller than them, and approche to knockdown them was impossible, also useless because I couldn't eve pass. It was a broken mechanics, it can happens everytime you go on a small path. 

I'm not asking for a nerf of Hp, damage or else on the Ancient. But currently the heal is way too strong. 

Folks, the mobs are stuck in a doorway he has to go through and the double heal aura is healing them too fast for him to kill with the weapons he currently has on him.

@Nestalim, screenshots are taken by either the F6 or F12 key (the latter if you are using the steam client).

Oh yeah, co-op game, with a button SOLO. Sorry dude, i think you went full retard.

stubborn, rude & inmature, if you wanna solo a Co-op game that is fine but because your skill level isnt high enough to kill two ancient healers.

A nerf.. on ancient healers should be a buff if anything i find them easy enough as it is now.

I kinda think the healers are the least obnoxious and broken of the ancients by far ... until theres two of them hiding somewhere I can't find, buffing groups of the other two types ...

.. but I respect that when the game breaks, the ridiculous durability of regenerating ancients blocking a door would &!$$ (why would you censor a synonym of urine?) anyone off.  Anyone sane, anyways.

I mean, really, they &!$$ me off even when they aren't standing in a door.  Those things are stupidly hard to kill compared to anything else at the same level range, and the two other than the healers are the most frustrating and deadliest non-boss enemies I have seen to date.

Edit: oh, yeah, the multiplayer does need work in this game.  The constant steamrolling isn't fun, and getting steamrolled by infested if you aren't steamrolling them and there being no in-between isn't fun.  Also lag.  LAAAAAAG.

Rough battles against entire armies of Corprus and Grineer is where it's at.  Multiplayer fails to deliver this right now.  I think I'm going to make a thread about it.

Edited by Salganos

Folks, the mobs are stuck in a doorway he has to go through and the double heal aura is healing them too fast for him to kill with the weapons he currently has on him.

@Nestalim, screenshots are taken by either the F6 or F12 key (the latter if you are using the steam client).

I don't understand why he doesn't just use his melee weapon and whack 'em. Even skana charged swings should out DPS their heal aura.

healers what is that? thay heal for nothing dude. thay just have a decent health pool as any other heavy unite. 

you will only notice their heals in the early levels of the game when thay dont have redonkules amounts of hp because a lvl 1 healer will heals the same amount as a lvl 160 

its your weapons that sucks nothing else xD

Edited by Trancemaster

Ancient healer..... Oh yes I remember. I thought their heals were broken also. Didn't notice ANY health restored on enemies. They are the easiest ancients. No poised, no instant takeaway of shield and energy with a knockdown either.

i have never ever noticed the healing from an ancient healer or have been given trouble by it, its your weapon just accept it already. you're calling for a nerf on a enemy that is not even a real threat because your weapon can't out DPS its really dinky heal are you serious? stop being so rude and stubborn.

also no duh we have a private/solo mode but guess what else we have? A MULTIPLAYER MODE *gasp* you know that mode where other people can help you if you're having trouble with something you can't do on your own because well this is also a co op game. you have tools/options to get around this, use them.

1) change your weapon/frame load out

2) play with other people (you seriously can't just do this for one mission?)

3) quit and restart the mission because unless you got some rare mod you needed there is no huge penalty to doing this

gave you 3 options if you can't just pick one of these then i don't know what else to tell you.

Edited by MarcusGraves

from OP description, it sounds mostly situational, with the ancients stuck as a bug (unless it can be reproduced consistently)

And I sort of agree that if we cannot deal with a double heal aura, the mission enemy level could be too high wrt our mods/level. It would be recommended to try on levels with lower level ancients first and raise the levels based on improved mods. As a personal advice: pick and raise a heavy melee weapon,  esp Scindo/Gram. Then use charge attacks. It does not consume ammo and it should out-damage even a double heal aura as long as the level gap is not that huge.

As a sort of conclusion, I think there is insufficient motivation to call for a nerf for the Ancient Healer.

Can we have the downvote button back now? Pretty please? :C

Absolutely not! You want it to go away stop posting in the thread. Simple.

For the OP, screen shots would have helped. As would levels of Ancients and Frame/Weapon load out (beyond paris). It seems... unlikely that they would be totally blocking your way. My only though that it would be the ship section tile that has the under-level air-vent place with lockers... the place where just about every Large sized enemy (especially Moas) get stuck. Has a small closet section just up as short set of stairs when you exit the vent on your right... I'm sure we all know that one.

Assuming I'm correct in the location my first reaction would be to #1) Shoot them in the bloody foot! #2) Running Jump Kick (Sprint + Jump -> Crouch while in air) to Knock at least one around and unjam them. #3)Back track, find some crates with Blue Energy balls and use some powers/ultimate(4). #4)Take screen shot, note circumstance and mission, add thread to Map Bugs section and/or ticket with support.warframe.com... and exit mission. Some times stuff just breaks, its a beta.

$#*(@ on forum with no useful data is not one of them.

Edited by Brasten

I am the only one who thinks their heal are just broken and stupid ? 

Currently blocked on a mission, can't finish it cause two of them are on a way and just blocks it. I can't take them down, their regen is so damn high that I think the one who devs them is a bit retard.

Nerf it, it currently totally useless due to the low damage of those ancient, and the nearly ability to one shot others infest. 

HBOx5Gd.jpg