Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Butchery Of Frames

Thanks for the reply.

i couldn't find a high quality gif to get a good look at the back there, so i used the normal image and here is what i found after doing some exposure changes in photoshop. It's quite interesting. It seems like he has 2 rows of suction cups along his spinal line(like the octopus has) which does suggest he is a water creature. I can see some "armor scale" midway on his tail but i cant recognize scales anywhere else that you told me to look.

Those look like the little jets he has on his shoulders too...I actually just thought of something, but I'm conjecturing based off datamined content so I probably shouldn't post it here.

And the area I was speaking of in the picture I used was the front of the thigh, right near the transition from grey to red, and the outside of the shoulder, below the "wing". Both of these areas have a texture that's very similar to the first comparison picture, overlapped rounded scales.

Those look like the little jets he has on his shoulders too...I actually just thought of something, but I'm conjecturing based off datamined content so I probably shouldn't post it here.

And the area I was speaking of in the picture I used was the front of the thigh, right near the transition from grey to red, and the outside of the shoulder, below the "wing". Both of these areas have a texture that's very similar to the first comparison picture, overlapped rounded scales.

These ?

xhW2kgY.jpg

Or the dragon hide on the back and legs, or the designs on the chest, or the...why do I even bother?

Let's work on you admitting someone else might be right first.

How about you clarify your statement. WHAT about the hide (definately not a dragonhide btw) the legs or the desings on the chest tell you that this is a dragon themed frame?. Pictures, words, ect are needed!

How about you clarify your statement. WHAT about the hide (definately not a dragonhide btw) the legs or the desings on the chest tell you that this is a dragon themed frame?. Pictures, words, ect are needed!

Read above posts. Read areas resemble scales, grey areas seem to resemble leathery skin. If my hunch is correct, one of the abilities will make the whole dragon thing more obvious.

No, not, the red bacon bits. Though that's actually kind of dragony too, not sure why. Seems vaguely reptilian somehow.

These ? I separated them into different parts with colours, because they aren't actually connected together.

E4jEeHK.jpg

They look a lot like chain links or knitting links than overlayed scales.

8cO2qXf.jpg

Here is the original

lFlPImm.jpg

Also the silver bits remind me of full plate armor the knights wear.

YuS9wLF.jpg

...we might have a knight on our hands lol, ugly knight.

Edited by kiteohatto

I just looked through the megathread to find the firebreathing gif, but i couldn't bear to check all of it.

That said, you did help me see him in a different way.

Now i see it as a full plate tenno knight with a dragon's pelt and the pelt is trying to take him over.

However now there are more questions popping up....if that's the pelt then the dragon must be pretty small. Lack of scales and claws/teeth on the pelt still bothers me though.

If that's just a normal knight isn't that also not really a "dragon themed", pelt is more of an accessory at this point for knights anyway. So it's just a dragonslayer warframe instead ?

I don't know anymore....

iAVgnXx.jpg

d6pNTzF.jpg

I'll look out for that animated gif to see the scales if it pops up in one of these threads, but im not going to waste hours looking for it myself.

I don't think i've ever had to look for clues for anything this hard before.

Edited by kiteohatto

I just looked through the megathread to find the firebreathing gif, but i couldn't bear to check all of it.

Now i see it as a full plate tenno knight with a dragon's pelt and the pelt is trying to take him over.

However now there are more questions popping up....if that's the pelt then the dragon must be pretty small. Lack of scales and claws/teeth on the pelt still bothers me though.

If that's just a normal knight isn't that also not really a "dragon themed", pelt is more of an accessory at this point for knights anyway. So it's just a dragonslayer warframe instead ?

Man I wish I had those answers, but DE is apparently keeping it close to their chest until the quest for the warframe comes out. ;-;

I hate how little we know about this warframe. It's like DE wants us to hate it.

Edited by Darkmoone1

Man I wish I had those answers, but DE is apparently keeping it close to their chest until the quest for the warframe comes out. ;-;

I hate how little we know about this warframe. It's like DE wants us to hate it.

Ikr? I really want this to be a good looking frame that has nice abilities to boot. People don't seem to get that that is the perspective many of us are arguing from. We just want something decent looking. DE could clarify all of this easily. 

Ikr? I really want this to be a good looking frame that has nice abilities to boot. People don't seem to get that that is the perspective many of us are arguing from. We just want something decent looking. DE could clarify all of this easily. 

Yes, its not stylish by a long shot.

I don't know anymore....

I'll look out for that animated gif to see the scales if it pops up in one of these threads, but im not going to waste hours looking for it myself.

I don't think i've ever had to look for clues for anything this hard before.

I don't really see those inside areas as metal, they look more like unscaled reptile skin to me. Like the kind you'd find in the soft underbelly of a dragon.

If we're seeing investigating themes as a bad thing, not really. You could do an in-depth analysis like this on any frame in the game.

And beauty is in the eye of the beholder, I suppose.

Edited by vaugahn

I don't really see those inside areas as metal, they look more like unscaled reptile skin to me. Like the kind you'd find in the soft underbelly of a dragon.

If we're seeing investigating themes as a bad thing, not really. You could do an in-depth analysis like this on any frame in the game.

And beauty is in the eye of the beholder, I suppose.

Now i have trouble seeing it as anything but a knight with a pelt =|

Im going to put together some images and see what people think.

As far as other frames go, i don't think such in-depth analysis is needed to see their theme. Chorma needed it because it blends everything too well, unless you look real close for edges lol

Now i have trouble seeing it as anything but a knight with a pelt =|

Im going to put together some images and see what people think.

As far as other frames go, i don't think such in-depth analysis is needed to see their theme. Chorma needed it because it blends everything too well, unless you look real close for edges lol

Chroma is only getting an in-depth because he's the current hot topic. We could pull apart Valkyr or Vauban or Banshee or Frost the exact same way.

All I know is that I'm going to get used to the look at some point and think it's pretty. But for now, Seahorse frame is ugly.

That won't be my case. It's been like 5 months since Limbo was released and I still don't like it!