Sigh...

This is a Dragon:

Black-Dragon.jpg

This is not a Dragon:

1413473297843_wps_111_dmvidpics_2014_10_

This is an anteater wrapped in bacon:

ruXozXO.png

Why???  =(

Edit:  I shall anxiously await his alternate helm...  Perhaps he can be saved.

You are telling me that you do not see a dragon in this image.

Vo8TLt8.png

Edited by xRufus7x

I'll be honest. When I saw Chroma, I was a bit disappointed. I didn't expect it to look like a dragon but I thought they would have gone with a dragon theme of them being majestic,vicious and/or wise.

If Chroma had been shown to me out of context (for example if I had no idea what warframe was) I would have had one of two thoughts:

1) Is that an anteater or seahorse person?

2) Damn, those new pokemon mega evolutions are getting crazy

You are telling me that you do not see a dragon in this image.

Vo8TLt8.png

I really don't man... As mentioned before, I see is an anteater wrapped in bacon with BBQ ribs as shoulders.  The shoulders may look a bit like a BBQ pork chop or rack of lamb, but that's up to interpretation.

Hey.  It's cool if you see a Dragon dude, I respect that.  I'm just not seeing one myself.  =)

Hey.  It's cool if you see a Dragon dude, I respect that.  I'm just not seeing one myself.  =)

I don't think it's meant to literally represent a dragon like the fan concept did, but rather use dragon-y features to evoke the general idea of a dragon.

Like the wings and the shoulders, the scale pattern on the outside of the thighs and the back, the leathery interior areas and exposed ridged belly, stuff like that. They're features taken from various kinds of dragons, but combined in a way that creates something new.

The name Chroma sounds more light based. Don't quite see the link between a supposed Dragon and light/colors. But maybe when I see the powers I will. I know about the 1 power being based on the energy color but eh.

Some frames have more than one kinda theme going so eh.  Mirage seems more like a light based frame than anything else I guess.

I don't think it's meant to literally represent a dragon like the fan concept did, but rather use dragon-y features to evoke the general idea of a dragon.

Like the wings and the shoulders, the scale pattern on the outside of the thighs and the back, the leathery interior areas and exposed ridged belly, stuff like that. They're features taken from various kinds of dragons, but combined in a way that creates something new.

Oh yeah for sure man.  I understand.  I really didn't like it when Oberon resembled a deer or goat too closely.  They took the animal inspiration a bit too far that time.

I'm just really hoping that the alternate helm will give us the option to make him not look like an anteater.  (not saying that my interpretation of his design should be everyone else's.  you know me bro, I may disagree with people, but I respect their opinions.)

Ehh...  I'm sure with armor, syandanas and sigils some of us will manage to make him look cool, regardless of his birth defects.  (J/K DE!!!)

Oh yeah for sure man.  I understand.  I really didn't like it when Oberon resembled a deer or goat too closely.  They took the animal inspiration a bit too far that time.

I honestly think the ambiguity of the dragon theme is a response to feedback on recent frames saying the themes are getting too literal. 

It is man, don't worry about these threads anymore people just want to find reasons to find fault and be unhappy with something.

Just let them wallow in their own dirt. It's satisfying knowing that there a good portion of the community that actually likes or is positively intrigued with this design. And I personally can not wait for it to come out. That's all that matters.

Well said though I would use less harsh words myself XD

Edited by -Jack.Of.Blades-

Chroma is a dragonslayer wearing the pelt of his kill, looks awesome now that I know what I'm looking at. Better yet, there are no dragons, so instead it's fashioned to look a bit like Lephantis. I love it.

I think it's fair to say there's more people disappointed then excited about chroma.

No, it isn't. 

You have no proof to back up that statement. Half of the people in GD doesn't mean they have a majority. It just means they're louder.

To be honest, im not a fan of the looks of chroma or zephyr, then it hit me maybe every fan frame concept that DE decides to put into warframe will get to look like these two.

DE never said that the dragon frame was based on the fan concepts. They said the dragon theme was requested a lot. And I prefer DE's version of zephyr over the fan concept to be honest.

Ow and about Chroma I think he looks like a Greek mythology dragon or an Asian one.

Edited by MissFairy

I think it's fair to say there's more people disappointed then excited about chroma. I feel like the devs have alot of responsibility when it comes to warframe. If they started release frames like chroma continuously they will lose money

I think it is fair to assume that you are pulling that out of your sphincter. There is no way you could be sure about the level of satisfaction with the design. First off, the majority of players do not frequent the forums. Hell, technically more people use the Reddit, and oddly you aren't seeing nearly as many complaints on there as you are on the Forums. Secondly, people tend to be louder when they are upset.

Also, all of Warframes esthetics are a bit weird and this seriously happens after every new frame is teased. If people could stay rational for thirty seconds and say this design isn't for me, that would be one thing, but is it necessary to state that DE is driving themselves into bankruptcy every time they make a decision you do not like?

I think it is fair to assume that you are pulling that out of your sphincter. There is no way you could be sure about the level of satisfaction with the design. First off, the majority of players do not frequent the forums. Hell, technically more people use the Reddit, and oddly you aren't seeing nearly as many complaints on there as you are on the Forums. Secondly, people tend to be louder when they are upset.

Also, all of Warframes esthetics are a bit weird and this seriously happens after every new frame is teased. If people could stay rational for thirty seconds and say this design isn't for me, that would be one thing, but is it necessary to state that DE is driving themselves into bankruptcy every time they make a decision you do not like?

http://strawpoll.me/3807541/r

This poll supports his statement.