The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My Latest Fight With The Stalker

Minnow23

I was playing a solo mission on Venus when the Stalker starts telling me I'm a bad person and that I shouldn't have killed that one guy bla bla bla and so I run outside of the building I'm in (It was one of the ice missions) and wait for him in an open space. I saw the screen shudder so I knew that he was there but I couldn't see him and he wasn't stalking me. So I went on with the mission when suddenly I see the Stalker fighting a Fusion Moa. Clearly the odds were in his favor against the robot but then the Moa pulled a fast one on him and went through a door. Rather than chase his prey into the building, the Stalker stood his ground and proceeded to pepper the door with an assault rifle from five feet away. I figured this would end soon, but it didn't.

He just stood there and blew the crap out of that door which never opened.

I started shooting him with a Latron thinking that he would forgo his vendetta against the door, but he was not to be deterred from his noble mission of destroying the base one door at a time. So after unloading two unanswered clips into his head from a distance the Stalker died, which came as a surprise to nobody but the Stalker.

I went through the door he was shooting and saw the Fusion Moa several feet away, and I did what the Stalker could not.

I killed a level six Moa.

(By the way, dae think it's odd that the Stalker get's all huffy about you killing assassination targets yet he cares nothing about the THOUSANDS of enemies you've slaughtered on the way?)

The stalker cam for my friend a while back. We were both killed pretty quick. Then we went to do the same mission again since we had failed. The stalker comes for my buddy again! Only this time my friend was being targeted by an enemy so his shade sentinel ghosted him. As soon as he was ghosted the stalker stopped moving. He looked left, looked right, then began wandering the level aimlessly. He suddenly didn't have a care in the world. After we had finished laughing at how pathetic the stalker's AI is to be fooled by the ghost ability of shade, my buddy and I put the poor guy out of his misery. The one enemy in the game that you would think could see through that sentinel's ability, and he can't.

The shade ghost ability is my only way to realistically avoid the Stalker. He spawned right next to me where I was cloaked and began shooting at the floor where I was just as I moved out of the way. I was ghosting through a room full of Corpus walkers, so I just walked away like a boss as they ripped him to shreds.

Wouldn't it be fun if a certain collection of the community based on something- i don't know were given the opputunity to be a Stalker and hum random people. Similar to the way it's implemented in Demon & Dark Souls

Wouldn't it be fun if a certain collection of the community based on something- i don't know were given the opputunity to be a Stalker and hum random people. Similar to the way it's implemented in Demon & Dark Souls

That was discussed at length in another thread, https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/40792-player-controlled-stalkers/

If I remember correctly the consensus was that it would be interesting but too difficult to implement in a way that makes sense.