The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Permanent Weapon Progression

Heruactic

Hey so i though, wouldnt it be cool if weapons werent just a one-time toy to level and keep.

Right now, we can get all the weapons, max them out and then they just sit there. Some are favored and used often and other are just sitting there untill we need to make space for new released stuff.

Example - I got 20 weapons. I only prefer 5-6 of them, rest are good for nothing. All i can do is sell them.

THE HOOK  --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What if weapon were to be something that we could constantly improve, constantly build and improve.

What if "Lex" (Handgun) could be improved upon its awesome base damage and then transfer some of its damage boost to a low firepower weapon like "Viper". What if the Sniperton could have the ability to fire Arrows instead of bullets or be fired more rapidly like Braton?

THE IDEA ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The idea is to have a weapon turned into parts and used to create the same or another weapon with a random

stat being boosted a bit, then having the new weapon do the same. Having a weapon rank up to maximum would improve the stat boost of the newly created weapon more so. The benefit is to have players constantly improving weapons they love or correcting the shortcomings of weapons they want to like more.

HOW TO  ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Below i will be using 2 examples as A and B.

Ok so lets assume you got a Lato (built with regular material or bought using either currency)

In the proposed system you, the player at any time can scrap your Lato and recieve Weapon Parts (A).

You can then use those parts construct a new Lato for a nominal fee and have a small chance for said Lato to have a

random stat boosted. Then you could scrap that Lato yet again, to weapon parts which contain the bonus point to the stat boosted on scrapped Lato. Those new weapon parts can be used to create a Lato with a chance to have random stat boosted by another point.

If your weapon (Lato) has been ranked up to 30, upon it's dissasembly you will originally recieve more weapon parts and have a chance for a rare weapon part (B). The parts from high ranked Lato would boost the stats of the weapon more than parts from an unranked version. Rare weapon parts could be used to create a different weapon like Bolto giving it eith more accuracy or an extra bullet in the magazine.

DjmclVC.jpg

Weapon parts would carry the extra stats from the weapon they were made. So there could be 2 Parts that have +2 damage. A part that has +9 Accuracy. So there will be a wide varriety of them to choose from, sell and trade.

Creating a weapon from the parts can be as simple as modding a weapon. Utilising the same modding window. Instead of a mod you put together 3-4 different or same parts and click the Assemble button. The wait should be VERY short. 5 - 10 minutes. Weapon is being assembled and not created from scratch. But building time should be there for anticipation.

Created weapon parts should not exceed the amount it would take to create a new weapon.

EXTRA ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To avoid easy exploitation the cost of creating better weapons should gradually increase.

The parts left over from creating new version of same weapon could be Traded to other players if the trading system is ever implemented.

FINANCIAL BENEFIT ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why mention it? Developers have to eat.

This system will increase income by having players buy more weapons. Players who spent too much ingame credits on improving their weapons would consider spending some Platinum instead of grinding more money. You could let players sell their weapon parts to other players for credits or Platinum to boost income even more.

We the people will buy weapon parts to try to make the MOST POWERFULL weapon for bragging rights.

Why mention it? Developers have to eat.

So... yeah. My wishfull thinking is to add DEPTH to the game and make it as simple as possible and lucrative for developers.

P.S. GENTLEMEN, it is in my opinion that the probability of moderators and developers picking up on this idea depends heavilly on the comments and feedback of my fellow players. In order to test such a bold claim i implore you, the reader, the awesome guy/gal to take a few moments and post your approval/dissaproval and/or opinion in this thread. (like a petition) Thank you.

Edited by Heruactic

I approve 100%.

However, any supercharged weapon should have supercharged parts, which, when used with a new weapon, do the exact same thing except it is now supercharged. Otherwise, it would be a big penalty to anyone who currently has supercharged weapons. For instance, I have 13 of them. So if this is implemented WITHOUT a way to preserve the charge, I effectively lose 260 Platinum.

What you said is amaZing but it needs a LOT of work from devs. At end it wouls actmore of less like our old mods + they are coming up with new stuff i.e giving you new polarity opyions when you level up a gun to 30

My problem is 'a chance'. Anyone remember crafting a rare pattern with rare mats and that one drop off the ancient dragon Doesntdrop? After days/weeks/months of gathering, maxing skill,etc. for the combine button to miraculously fail?

I get Gun Parts A, I want Gun +1 as the result. Kind of think I can rationalize my time.

I do like the hints about polarity they've been dropping. Makes it simpler

My problem is 'a chance'. Anyone remember crafting a rare pattern with rare mats and that one drop off the ancient dragon Doesntdrop? After days/weeks/months of gathering, maxing skill,etc. for the combine button to miraculously fail?

I get Gun Parts A, I want Gun +1 as the result. Kind of think I can rationalize my time.

I do like the hints about polarity they've been dropping. Makes it simpler

Agreed, it would be nice to know that Weapon A+Material B+Weapon Part A=Weapon B

I think this is a good idea, it actually gives you an incentive to use your favorite weapons. After a certain point everyone benches their favorite weps just so they can level up new ones for mastery. I'm bored of that already, I want some more progression and more incentives to use the guns that you like.

I concur.

In it's current form, the game leaves nothing to chance once you have the materials to create something. This could be a fun system to keep improving your favorite weapons, or even frames for that matter. But I have to agree that leaving it to chance could be very frustrating to many players. If you work on weapon X for so many hour to get it to 30, then disassemble it/create a new item with no effect you are left with nothing for your effort.

Interesting concept however i belive that DE already have it's own idea on weapon improvement. If you hadn't seen last steam, DESteve state that:
- we will be able to reset progress on any pice of eq to gain or change polarity slot (coming in U8)

- weapons will be divided in to 'tiers' - we will be able to access upgrades via dojo research system (possibly even 'vandalize' our weapon); BTW: dojo research will probably also offer access to corpus lazer gun

The second concept is to add an alternative way to extend content without leaving new players confused with 300 weapons to choose from