Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Something I Never Understood, Maybe You Know...

JayGideon1

Lockdowns. i dont get them. i understand it when the stalker shows up its for fear and what not, but what about the normal grineer and corpus? it seems so arbitrarily done. like, oh two guys left in a room with 1-4 murderous space ninjas than can transcend dimensions, summon elements, invisibly teleport or resurrect your fallen comrades to do their bidding? better lock the door, even though they can clearly hack consoles fairly easy or they just carry around ciphers capable of rendering any security system virtually obsolete. i mean whats the though process? Dont want your reinforcements to come in and help? Those heavies would be better in the other room or what? i could kinda understand if the corpus didnt want their buddies to die, but the grineer clearly have the military tactic of throwing bodies and bullets at a problem. 

whats your thoughts tenno? 

Trying too keep the Tenno in one spot for as long as possible so they can get more reinforements, its actually a real strategy used by leaders. Since us Tenno are so rediculusly powerful and the Corpus and the Grinner know this very well a lockdown can get the most armed forces in the area keepin the Tenno in one place before opening the doors up and ready too fight back with full strength.

Again I would lockdown the area if I was dealing with overpowerd ninjas from space so I could get more backup and better troops, thats my only theory on why. But would make more sence if they made their secruity was a tab more Tenno proof.....

Edited by Monybags33

It's a force multiplier and containment measure.  Even if you are capable of circumventing the lockdown, it's (usually) not instant, and in reality (vs. Warframe) they would know where the circumvention originated from in most cases. They are keeping you in one place so they can funnel more troops, or more powerful troops (or, in reality, usually both), into said place, while you are stuck figuring out how to bypass the lockdown or find another way around.

In the sense of the game, it's usually just an annoyance, since it's the alarms themselves that trigger extra troops, and not lockdowns.  Breaching a lockdown is required to proceed, and the lockdown itself doesn't cause any extra troops to spawn, or cause extra eximi or anything.  The best way to avoid them is to never leave an alarm sounding - that's a good practice in general, and a good habit to get yourself into at low levels to prepare for higher level play.

The stalker is the only way to get a lockdown without a sounding alarm.

It's a force multiplier and containment measure.  Even if you are capable of circumventing the lockdown, it's (usually) not instant, and in reality (vs. Warframe) they would know where the circumvention originated from in most cases. They are keeping you in one place so they can funnel more troops, or more powerful troops (or, in reality, usually both), into said place, while you are stuck figuring out how to bypass the lockdown or find another way around.

In the sense of the game, it's usually just an annoyance, since it's the alarms themselves that trigger extra troops, and not lockdowns.  Breaching a lockdown is required to proceed, and the lockdown itself doesn't cause any extra troops to spawn, or cause extra eximi or anything.  The best way to avoid them is to never leave an alarm sounding - that's a good practice in general, and a good habit to get yourself into at low levels to prepare for higher level play.

The stalker is the only way to get a lockdown without a sounding alarm.

im mastery rank 13, so im no stranger to high level content but even in high level stuff it seems so pointless, i think they should change the mechanic so that a lock down is an "Oh crap" moment, have an army behind the door, not two more dudes after slaughtering 15 in a room 

Locking passageways is standard practice to limit the range an intruder can explore.

Concievably, it limits the potential damage the intruder can inflict or the time it takes them to inflict it.

The same holds true for anything an intruder can access...

Whether that's a military installation, a main transportation system, your house, or your computer or gun cabinet.

Basically if they are activating the intruder alert, you have already failed if you are trying to be clandestine.

It will also call more enemies to your general location.

I know it tends to also effect the amount of xp you can earn in a mission, but I don't notice the xp that much, tbh.

Ideally, instead of the current mission summary we'd have one that was less focused on false competition and more focused on individual grading.

Stuff like this would matter to more people if it was the difference between a grade of  A and grade of B.

+1 OP

the problem is that the lockdown by itself is not enough

it would make much more sense if the doors also had security barricade that then reinforced them so that it wouldnt even matter if we cracked the cipher or not, we'd still have to destroy the door to get thru 

additionally when lockdowns occur, the enemies should depressurize the compartment that the tenno are in, this is just common sense in a spacecraft, but not so much on a planetary tileset

lastly a lockdown should activate/summon a huge group of enemies directly outside the barricade to engage the tenno once they break thru (this also brings up how tenno abilities need to not always go thru walls, as many ULTs would make this pointless, or at least abilities need to have reduced range thru terrain)

finally both grineer and corpus need more inhouse security measures such as pop-up turrets and whatnot, during a corpus lockdown any/every room could have half a dozens turrets pop out of the ceiling as well as a dozen moas pop out of the walls ; grineer could have dozens of rollers spawn from monster closets and have a ceiling mounted device that spits out arc traps

bottom line, the enemies in WF dont act in any kind of rational format, thus they seem flat/shallow/dumb

Edited by CY13ERPUNK

im mastery rank 13, so im no stranger to high level content but even in high level stuff it seems so pointless, i think they should change the mechanic so that a lock down is an "Oh crap" moment, have an army behind the door, not two more dudes after slaughtering 15 in a room 

Oh, in case I wasn't clear, the lockdowns aren't what I was referring to - it was the alarms themselves. In non-endless, non-exterminate missions, alarms cause endless additional spawns of enemies and they are quite counter-productive to accomplishing the mission quickly or in cases like rescue or spy, they can interfere with mission goals entirely by killing your hostage or spilling over into your vault. 

In endless modes, they don't matter, because... endless missions.  In exterminate, the number of spawning enemies is fixed; alarms don't increase the number of enemies that will spawn (or at least if they do, it's not significant, and certainly not endless). Alarms are a particular pain on capture missions if they get set off right when you approach your target, as the hostile troops spawn in out of thin air instead of approaching from actual entry points - and that usually results in a death or the escape of the captive if you're solo or undermanned.