Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lore For Coming Pvp Overhaul

JackBeloved

The new PvP overhaul includes altering stats on weapons, warframes, and Tenno powers (and very rightly so), and even goes so far as removing critical damage and flattening the damage types into one basic damage number (again, I fully support these necessary changes, I'm just pointing out how different PvP and PvE will become).

(https://warframe.com/news/building-warframe-warframes-mods-and-weapons-pvp-20)

In order to keep the two games modes from feeling to disjointed and disconnected, I hope that the new PvP syndicate leader has a line somewhere before entering a match about PvP being a Tenno 'honor match' and therefore used with honorably adjusted equipment, or something to that effect. Hopefully the language used in the release, messages from the Lotus or Ordis regarding PvP equipment selection, and even the PvP arsenal UI will be similar. In fact, calling the PvP arsenal tab 'honorable equipment' or something like that would go a long way towards helping these two halves form a seamless and unified whole.

Edited by JackBeloved

Just him saying "face each other in honorable combat" I think WOULD be enough for most everyone to at least be able to nod and say "okay, yeah, this makes sense". Heck - the "honorable combat" tab could just be "Dueling" or just "Duel", and the message would get across (kinda how I say event current Dark Sectors aren't meant to be to-the-death because of the "Honor Armistice" line).

Even if not, I'd say this is a solid theory and makes perfect sense overall.