Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Parkour 2.0 Not Gonna Be In U16

Mikail96

-snip-

Sorry - I was being snarky at the folks who seem to think we're being ripped of somehow - I thought the sarcasm was obvious, my bad.

I'm well aware how long these kinds of things take. If anything I'm ecstatic that DE is easing up on the update throttle - weekly/biweekly content releases aren't as important as so many seem to think - especially when its resulted in so many half done systems & addons that desperately need attention.

As long I gets a new frame to play around with, and that puncture glaive (I main Glaive Prime), I'll be content lol.

I don't really know much that's coming this time around but I've learned that the best satisfaction is to not look to much into certain things I love to much, so the end result will be more fulfilling (I guess it's pretty much saying having lower expectations? lol); in this case, not looking into the specifics in regards to the info released for U16.

As long its quality-over-quantity content, I'll definitely be enjoying it (:

I'm not impressed DE.

you always hype the community up and then you let us down D:

Not directly towards you but like I've always said it's the individual and the communities fault.  People continue to blindly hype things up while in reality their face looks EXACTLY like -_-

I wish people would stop blindly hyping things because it sends the wrong message.  It's like your Grandma coming over to make dinner and you smile in her face while you eat her disgusting fruitcake.  Now some actually do have real hype but I really do not believe it's at the level some of those hype threads make it out to be.  Somtimes hype overrides the reality of things......people start to read what they want to read...hear what they want to hear...just a bunch of buffoonery....I'm sure we've seen Twitch chat on fridays 

I would expect parkour 2.0 to take a pretty long time, because the ideal parkour overhaul wouldn't just encompass animation and systems design. The key behind the whole parkour idea is the level space. After all, parkour is a system that revolves entirely around interacting with the level space. Excalibur did some great maneuvers in that sentients trailer, but that footage was presenting not just new parkour maneuvers, but new level features that allowed Excalibur to use them. Practically none of the current game's tilesets have those features. So the way I see it, if this overhaul is going to be a hit, it's going to require that most- if not all- of the existing tilesets are revised to include things like series of ziplines, space to accomodate horizontal-to-vertical wallrunning, transition points that allow a continuous wallrun marathon, and destination points that make using these maneuvers practical and rewarding. Otherwise it will just be a repeat of the problem behind parkour's original implementation: a lot of great features that lack the level design to properly support them.

But at least we didn't have to wait for it long. Its nearly instantly after update 15.

Sarcasm aside, usually major updates are 3 months inbetween with hotfixes inbetween. Its almost 6 months since U15, thats 2 times longer than usual and no super big major additions or changes have been made. Sure spy 2.0 is good, but I dont think that constitutes as half of a major update.

I wish i wouldn´t had seen the teaser of parkour/sentient

In retro perspective it was also the wrong decision to show that teaser when a content update is ready to set off that has NOTHING to do with what they´ve shown.

Ya, sure, it´s my fault for getting hyped and turning my brain off and just dive in the flow of awesomeness - yet it´s also their fault for teasing me with something that´s date of release is written in the stars.

Welp i hope the relays/new ceph/frame will be good. =)

Edited by VoidNomade

I wish i wouldn´t had seen the teaser of parkour/sentient

In retro perspective it was also the wrong decision to show that teaser when a content update is ready to set off that has NOTHING to do with what they´ve shown.

Ya, sure, it´s my fault for getting hyped and turning my brain off and just dive in the flow of awesomeness - yet it´s also their fault for teasing me with something that´s date of release is written in the stars.

+1 Exactly...nobody here can really be upset when U16 comes out and we start seeing "where is parkour 2.0/sentients at" threads.