The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe The Movie

(PSN)Jimi-Lei

A question for all who play this wonderful game. If Warframe was ever made into a Hollywood movie, which actors and actresses could play the parts of the Tenno? Please insert your choice of actor or actress, which role they would play and why this would be a good fit.

Why would you put a famous voice actor inside an air-tight suit, where no one could even see their faces? You're better off primarily using stuntmen and athletes for that...

Have you ever seen the behind the scenes to Ironman? Most of the time RDJ just wear a marked skin-tight body suit, or upper torso portion of the Ironman suit (depending on the shot) and just the helmet. 

Edited by BloodCarnival

I'd set it in the time of the Great War as a prequel to the game. A Tenno origin story.

The Orokin, desperately searching for a weapon against the Sentients, turn to the place where their reason and technology fails, the mysterious Void. They secretly send a ship there, the Zariman, which never returns. Upon rediscovering the Zariman, the Orokin find what may be their final resort against their nemesis - children maimed and tainted by the Void's corrupting energy, imbued with it, granting them supernatural powers.

They bring these children, the Tenno, back and perform atrocious, inhumane experiments on them. Finally, they managed to contain the mindless beasts by building a special exosuit around them - a Warframe - that subdues them and shapes their Void energy. The Orokin train them in the ways of the past - wielding the gun and the blade - the only Orokin technology that could not be turned against them by the Sentients.

The middle section of the film would be all about Tenno fighting the Sentients. Finally, it would climax with the Lotus commanding the Tenno to slay the Orokin and avenge their primordial brothers and sisters from the Zariman. They would proceed into cryosleep until the Origin System calls for them.

tl;dr: Scarlett Johansson.

Ash= Channing Tatum

Excalibur= Michael Cera

Frost= Robert Downey Jr

Hydroid= Brad Pitt

Limbo= Johnny Depp (you thought I'd put him as Hydroid? NOPE!)

Loki= Chris Rock

Nekros= Liam Neeson

Oberon= Leonardo Dicaprio 

Rhino= Time-traveling Arnold Schwarzenegger (failing that, Vin Diesel)

Vauban= Jonah Hill

Volt= Nicholas Cage

hkSLggm.jpg

before someone thinks I'm serious, I can assure you I'm not.

I would want very very very little on screen time for the Tenno or Lotus. I'd want the majority of the plot focused around Corpus commoners, Colonists, or maybe even Grineer. There would be hints and stories about the Tenno, and then they'd only appear for a brief couple scenes and utterly destroy everything. The actor wouldn't matter, as they wouldn't have dialogue, and their face wouldn't be seen.

Live Action Movie, however unlikely wouldn't need star actors, due to Tenno always being in suits. Also I think any true Live Action movies are very unlikely as Hollywood doesn't really go for fully suited soldiers. I don't remember the last movie I saw where all major players are masked.

A full CG movie is more likely, unfortunately these tend to fall short of expectations. I think back to the Warhammer 40K movie that was made.

That being said a movie about the lore of the game, would be cool, and more likely as then it wouldn't be all fully suited Tenno. It could be the Orokin scientists that created them and the story around that.

• 6 years later...