The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Physx Settings

Xennocide420

Question

I think im having issues with my PhysX settings, some of my particle effects in game seem off.

While capturing a target;

Warframe_x64_2015_02_21_19_58_40_305.jpg

Warframe_x64_2015_02_27_11_40_43_468.jpg

Many squares.... is that how its supposed to be ? I think I remember this capture effect being particles.

Here is my settings;

Phys_Xsettings.png

I have a HDMI cable going to TV from top card ( card 1 ? ), but I see this " PhysX" banner pointing to card 2. Is this the problem ?  Anyone know how to fix this please ?

12 answers to this question

Strange. I use PhysX and everything seems to be fine on my end.

Can you confirm that capturing targets currently gives you PhysX particle effects? Screenshot please? Everybody else in this thread seems to be getting the "squares" so far.

[DE] ?

If this is true (please confirm for my sanity) then that explains why one day my Physx setting was off and grayed out for no reason. 

Have GTX 860M

So to confirm or deny I took a look at my settings and to my great suprise Nvidia Physx is there and it's turned on :O

I could swear that it wasn't there a few updates ago, instead of that there was option "Physx" which seemed to be a lot less then Nvidia Physx used to be. I think i taken out around time when second console joined the tenno, a few months ago. It caused some reaction  on forums, quite a few threads were made about it in PC feedback and/or Art feedback sections (not sure where exactly, it was a while ago). Perhaps you can find some of them still in those sections, but it may require quite a lot of searching. It's too late for me to look for them now.

Perhaps they were stealthly added back in in U16 or even earlier, DE has an annoying habit to not list all changes. Or perhaps they never left and I'm just dilusional (come on I could swear it was off and saying I can't use it, also with other name...).

PS. I have Geforce GT 645M

Edit: I searched anyway, found only one but quite informing: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/406673-add-the-physx-back-please-de/?hl=physx

Edited by Krak_Nihilus

If this is true (please confirm for my sanity) then that explains why one day my Physx setting was off and grayed out for no reason. 

Have GTX 860M

It should still have PhysX. The option is still under Display in the in-game options menu, anyway.

So to confirm or deny I took a look at my settings and to my great suprise Nvidia Physx is there and it's turned on :O

I could swear that it wasn't there a few updates ago, instead of that there was option "Physx" which seemed to be a lot less then Nvidia Physx used to be. I think i taken out around time when second console joined the tenno, a few months ago. It caused some reaction  on forums, quite a few threads were made about it in PC feedback and/or Art feedback sections (not sure where exactly, it was a while ago). Perhaps you can find some of them still in those sections, but it may require quite a lot of searching. It's too late for me to look for them now.

Perhaps they were stealthly added back in in U16 or even earlier, DE has an annoying habit to not list all changes. Or perhaps they never left and I'm just dilusional (come on I could swear it was off and saying I can't use it, also with other name...).

PS. I have Geforce GT 645M

Edit: I searched anyway, found only one but quite informing: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/406673-add-the-physx-back-please-de/?hl=physx

Oh, I see. So they altered it for everyone instead of releasing a different version for non-Nvidia users? That makes me slightly sad. Hopefully they'll re-up it for Nvidia users.

Oh, I see. So they altered it for everyone instead of releasing a different version for non-Nvidia users? That makes me slightly sad. Hopefully they'll re-up it for Nvidia users.

They didn't remove it, just moved certain effect to the new system and new effects will use the new system. Even in the linked thread it says that they didn't get removed, letter13 even making a post on it in the thread.