The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Jumping Isn't Immediate, Especially As Client. Needs To Be More Snappy.

Xelorx

I've had a couple of moments where I would miss a jump because the jumping action isn't immediately performed. This can sometimes be worse when you're in a multiplayer game as a client, but nonetheless it still isn't as snappy as it should be even when soloing.

Being able to jump right after landing doesn't have to be implemented. I'm fine with the way it is (somewhat). But the initial jump when doing nothing doesn't always act as soon as you press the button. It seems to be different for my friend where it's almost immediate so this experience can be subjective to the computer as well, or rather just the player themselves. It's more noticeable when in a party.

I put this under feedback instead of bugs because I wasn't sure if it was working as intended, or if it was just me. But I feel in a game where platforming is more important, controls should be snappy.

Also I recently noticed the problem when the game thinks you are in the air while running on not super-flat surface (this can be anything from little bumps or steel plates on a floor to a hill slope) preventing you from jumping and casting powers that are not able to cast mid-air. I missed quite a few of jumps because of that too.

Yes, yes, one thousand times yes! I was considering making a thread about this myself, but you beat me to it apparently. The delay and sometimes even complete unresponsiveness of jumping in this game is a small but extremely annoying aspect that ruins mobility more often than it should. I'm not sure if it's a lag/latency issue or something, but it would be nice to see this at least somewhat alleviated, especially with the advent of Parkour 2.0 on the horizon.

I thought this was just me with the problem or my computer, but I don't have lag input on any other actions in the game.

I agree with making it a more immediate action.  Sometimes I press space bar and quick melee in quick succession, and I end up only doing the quick melee.

Many, if not all, of the parkour related things, and their iresponsiveness started bothering me with the introdction of spy 2.0, jumping isn't immediate, consequently jumping from wall to wall isn't as well, sometimes you will even jump in time but it won't recognize you're just next to another wall and ready to wall run again, sometimes you will sling shot outta nowhere, it's frustrating.

Admitedly i never entered a parkour 2.0 thread, dunno what it's all about, always thought it was about edgy and flashy, etc, but if the calls are for quality, fluidness, responsiveness, I'm all in, it feels really poor right now.

Edited by (PS4)DanteVincent